Profile for L. Flaugher > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Flaugher RSS Feed (Charleston, SC)

Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of the Rolling Stones
Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of the Rolling Stones
Price: $17.47
30 used & new from $4.91

4.0 out of 5 stars You can recognize every song, May 10, 2011
This was really a unique gift for my newborn nephew. He and his parents loved it! You can really recognize every song on the cd. It was a tough choice b/t Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and some of the other cds, but I'm glad I picked this one. It was too cute hearing that his parents were softly singing some of the their fave Stones songs in the new baby's ear. Can't go wrong with this one!

Super Scribblenauts
Super Scribblenauts
Price: $12.00
145 used & new from $1.86

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an AWESOME game!, January 3, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Scribblenauts (Video Game)
As a parent, I am always cocnerned about video games rotting my son's brain. Not with this game! So, you get to type in words, and whatever is entered appears on the screen and then you can play with it. You can type in dwarf, or cyclops, even Leviathan. There is some spelling suggestions too. Luckily, the content is G rated. This has been a great tool for my son as he is a troubled speller. This game not only helps them with spelling and the keyboard, but also gets the imagination revved up. Now, you will not find trademarked characters such as Darth Vader in the game's vocabulary, but there is so much more it's ok. I would reccommend this game to any parent/kid. Of course, it helps if your child is a reader.

Michael Jackson The Experience - Nintendo Wii
Michael Jackson The Experience - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Hitgaming Video Games
Price: $30.86
70 used & new from $9.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, January 3, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, so jamming out to MJ is fun no matter how you do it. That's about the only plus here. Of course, you get to copy his moves. The silly thing is, you have to dance with the videos first to then unlock the training clips. How crazy is that? I've only unlocked a few of the trining videos and it is only stretching and breathing so far. This game would be so much better if they had a practice mode. I think the could have done a better job but if you like to groove to MJ, this is ok.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2011 7:09 AM PST

Miracle Eau Legere By Lancome For Women Sheer Fragrance Spray 3.4 Oz
Miracle Eau Legere By Lancome For Women Sheer Fragrance Spray 3.4 Oz

3.0 out of 5 stars Not eua de parfum, January 3, 2011
This had the same great fragrance as Miracle, but watered down. I thought I was ordering eau de parfum, but this is eau legere which is a lighter version. There has been some benifit as some of my coworkers are highly sensitve to fragrence. I;ve been able to wear this in the office without offending thier senses.

LEGO Star Wars Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle (8096)
LEGO Star Wars Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle (8096)
Offered by Fins, Paws and Claws
Price: $99.95
44 used & new from $70.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Lego Star Wars Contraption, January 3, 2011
This one is pretty cool. Changing Anakin into Darth Vader is of course the best part. As all lego kits, easy enough to put together as long as you follow the directions step by step. I will say my son thinks this one is the best so far.

Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey - Nintendo Wii
Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Galactics
Price: $14.67
68 used & new from $6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love the Princesses, January 13, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This was purchased for my 4yr old. We play it together. I control the where the princess goes while my daughter waves the magic wand. I think it's a little tough for her to do on her own only because she's still learning the nunchuk, but it gives us a chance to play together. Her 8 year old brother actually likes to "help her play." Basically he plays while she watches and tells him where to go and what to do.

There are 4 chapters, one for each princess, and 3-4 levels per chapter. The chapters and levels get a little tougher as you go.

I would reccommend this game for any princess lover. Especially for ages 4-10.

Wii Remote Controller
Wii Remote Controller
Offered by WHOLESALE OUTLET
Price: $21.39
95 used & new from $7.29

5.0 out of 5 stars You must have at least 2!, January 13, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Remote Controller (Accessory)
Unless there is no one else in your orbit who will play Wii with you, you must have a 2nd remote!

CTA Digital Wii Grand Slam Sports Pack (White)
CTA Digital Wii Grand Slam Sports Pack (White)
Price: $7.99
34 used & new from $3.48

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition for Wii Sports!, January 13, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
As a mother who is as much into the Wii as my 8 and 4 year old, I say this is definitely a great accessory for your Wii. I actually bought 2 so that each player could have an attachment at the same time.

I was concerned because some reviews stated the Wii couldn't read the infrared signal sent from the remotes because the end was covered. I found this was not the case. However, when the attachment is on and your are trying to select your game and options, all you need to do is use the control pad instead of the hand pointer to select your options.

As far as game play, these attachments really do enhance the feel and action of play. The golf clubs don't reach to the floor, but my kids now have a sense of how to use a club. It's even helped their putt-putt game. The tennis rackets are cool because they light up when you swing, which has helped my 4-yr old get a sense of timing and when to swing the racket. The bat and wheel are great too. Especially when we're all trying to play Mario Kart!

Do remember these are condensed versions of the real thing so don't be dissappointed when you open the box and the accessories are no longer than your arm. (My friend was actually complaining about that.) I've played with and without the attachments and I really do prefer playing with them. They are not heavy, but it does give a little more umph to the Wii remote for the sports games.

2 things could make this better... Some type of carrying case or storage bag, and a bowling ball attachment. Otherwise, great purchase!