Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for F. J. Junkers > Reviews

Browse

F. J. Junkers' Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

F. J. Junkers "Fred Junqueira" RSS Feed (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Logitech Wireless Mouse, Owl 910-004440
Logitech Wireless Mouse, Owl 910-004440
Offered by BESTDEAL TECH (TAX Free)
Price: $13.78
39 used & new from $9.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse ever., February 3, 2016
This series are the best mouses ever! I own 3 different ones and I prefer them over the apple originals for sure.

Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
Price: $128.69
17 used & new from $121.88

4.0 out of 5 stars My 2 cents after using it for one year, February 3, 2016
A lot has been said on other reviews, so I'll just add my 2 cents in regards to my own use after a year. Directly to the point:

1- After 10 months, the "5-day without a charge" turned into "charge it every day". I don't sleep with it, so ok, I leave it charging. Is it a bother? Well, yeah, I would prefer it didn't, but ok. Just don't count on their customer service. The maximum I can get from them is the same things written on the website, which I've tried 10 different times.

2- Is is accurate? No. It gets a lot wrong, and if I compare it with my mobile phone step counter, Fitbit is always exaggerating. Does it matter? Of course not. This is a $ 119 wristband that does a lot of stuff, come on, people get their expectations too high. But the good and important thing is, it's constant. So after you've been using for a time, you can know how it compares to yourself, your activities and days (I not really into comparing my stats with other people or the 'community', so I really don't care that it gets a wrong count, but it's in the general ballpark, and again, the important for me is how I compare with myself in the past, so after a while it's okay).

3- Is the heart rate accurate? Yep, it's close enough. I check it on my wife's (who's an MD) pulse oximeter from time to time and after a couple of seconds to adjust, it's always there, give or take a couple of beats. When I'm running it's also in the correct ballpark and close enough to the truth for my use. If you really want a always accurate heart meter, buy one with the chest thing, the aim of Fitbit is exactly to be practical. But I feel that with each update Fitbit is getting closer. Don't use to measure your patient on the OR, nor your ultra-marathon run after your heart surgery, but if you are a regular person - like me - I feel it is totally good and correct.

4- I love the call warning it gives. I can never notice my mobile vibrating and Fitbit is a big help with that. This is something that improved a lot over the past year and I really like it.

5- I don't wear it to sleep, as it bothers me (nothing particular with Fitbit, any watch or bracelet is the same for me), so can't really talk about it. I used it a couple of days when I got it, though, and the silent vibrating alarm thing is really nice. Not 100% silent, as the vibration makes noise, of course, but way less than any regular alarm clock, for sure.

6- A final thing... This will be a positive for some people, negative for others, but this thing doesn't call any attention to itself. This is great if, like me, you live in Rio de Janeiro and want to wear it all the time. The robbers will pay no attention to it (as long as you got the black one, for sure), nobody will. Some people may call it ugly, some beautiful, some discreet, I wear it all day and it doesn't interfere with your "style", neither positive, nor negative. But if you live in a place where if you buy a Apple watch you'll probably loose it in a couple of days wearing it on the street, this is a great feature.

Over all, would I buy it again? yeah, I would. Some adjustments to be made, the battery thing is a bother, but it's a relatively new technology and it does a lot of stuff, most important, IT HELPS ME get moving! It really does, but I guess this depends on yourself, no watch is going to make you get up and go for a run. Maybe I would choose the new one they are launching, the thinner one with the watch, but without the heart rate monitor.

After a year, I'm definitely still a fan.
(I don't appear as a confirmed buyer because I bought my through Amazon France)

NUK Orthodontic Pacifier Fashion Design (0-6 Months, Girls)
NUK Orthodontic Pacifier Fashion Design (0-6 Months, Girls)
Offered by Tamaras Treasures
Price: $19.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 24, 2015
My baby girl loves it. They look great on her, but I know some babies prefer different brands, so it is really a matter of personal taste... their taste, not the parents! :)

Samsung SEW-3037W SafeVIEW Baby Monitoring System IR Night Vision PTZ 3.5 Inch.
Samsung SEW-3037W SafeVIEW Baby Monitoring System IR Night Vision PTZ 3.5 Inch.
Offered by SOLTECHSECURITY
Price: $169.00
7 used & new from $118.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Either I got a very bad unit, or this monitor is really bad..., March 24, 2015
Very disappointed with the camera. My TVs have always been Samsung, and although I'm an apple-maniac, recently I changed to a Galaxy and I really like it. I say this only to be clear that is nothing against the company. But either I got a product with serious problems or this simply sucks!

The image is nice, the audio is great, the night vision awesome. But the range..... I live in an apartment and the range of this camera is TERRIBLE. Seriously, I'm talking less than 40-50 feet at the max and it stops working.

We are buying another brand next week.

Case Logic DCB-309 SLR Camera Backpack -Black
Case Logic DCB-309 SLR Camera Backpack -Black
Price: $53.79
14 used & new from $47.07

3.0 out of 5 stars Great backpack, BUT, August 29, 2014
Great backpack, BUT... I had my macbook pro retina in it without a case or sleeve and the backpack slided to the floor from an airport cart and made a very pronounced dent on my macbook, which made it impossible to put the sleeve on. Note that it did not fall directly, it slided. I know it is not supposed to be bullet proof, but I was hoping for the minimum protection.

Other than that, I like it, but I'm moving back to my other bags which offer better protection. This backpack has its uses, but you will do better (or the same but pay less) for the Amazon Basics version (which was backordered when I needed it, so I got this one), so I don't see how this one, more expensive and so similar to it, is justifiable.

JVC 900MHZ Wireless Headphones - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
JVC 900MHZ Wireless Headphones - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Electronic Express
Price: $57.72
12 used & new from $30.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless. Look somewhere else., August 29, 2014
Junk. The only reason it is not going back to Amazon is because I brought it to Brazil with me. Signal has a lot of static noise even from 2-3 feet. Heck, even standing right in front of the unit, inches away. Sometimes, if I turn my head in a certain way and for a couple of seconds, the sound is clear, but it is going to the recycle bin less than a month after arriving. I was really disappointed in it, I was not expecting great sound, just something to watch my war movies without waking up the baby, but is - definitely - not the answer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2014 6:29 PM PDT

Geneva PopOut Map (PopOut Maps)
Geneva PopOut Map (PopOut Maps)
by PopOut Maps
Edition: Map
Price: $6.95
21 used & new from $1.36

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it!!!!, September 18, 2013
First off let me say that I've used the popout maps of this specific company for many other cities... London, DC, NY, Rome, and the list goes on. They are REALLY good and worth it.

But save your money on this one... The problem is what you really want on a map of Geneva is: the tram and boat lines and a good map of the old city and surroundings. And this map does not have any information on the trams and boats and it's old city map leaves a lot to be desired. Any of the free maps you will find on ANY hotel reception desk will be better. Again, their maps are usually very good, but even though Geneva is small and one would think it would make it for better maps, it is not the case.

Fun travels!!!

Return of a King: The Battle for Afghanistan, 1839-42
Return of a King: The Battle for Afghanistan, 1839-42
by William Dalrymple
70 used & new from $2.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, presents a diverse point of view, definitely worth a read!, August 6, 2013
Brilliant book by Mr. Dalrymple. I think he is the first one to write using a lot of Afghan sources and previously unavailable material. The parallels with the US over the past decade and the current situation in Afghanistan jump out of the page at the reader. It is a sad, but exceptionally well written and easy to read, tale of ego, hubris and where arrogance can lead you. It's a realpolitik kind of book and I would definitely recommend it if the reader is interested in the region, in history in general and Afghanistan in particular, of course.

Oklahoma Sound PRC100 Steel Versatile Presentation Cart, 32" Width x 28" - 42" Height x 18" Depth, Ivory Woodgrain/Black
Price: $68.99
20 used & new from $57.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Agree with the other reviewer - Best cart on market!, March 8, 2013
I've mulled over which cart to buy to use with my heavy, 17"inch sony E Vaio laptop and ended up with this one. Could not be happier!

Different from most others the wheels are metal and not hard plastic. The locking mechanism really locks the wheels and they roll on my hard floor and carpet easily, not leaving any marks. I got it 2 days after ordering, so no problem on that end either.

As for the construction, it is a beautiful and BIG cart. This is not something you will leave at the corner of the living room and forget about it... I was afraid my wife would find it ugly, but she really complimented it. It is well finished and it's great for my use (I use it occasionally, when I want to work from the laptop, instead of sitting on my desk and desktop computer, or when I want to work standing up, for instance. I'm 6'1" and the cart works great).

The space is really big. The main part holds my 17" laptop with space to spare, which is good as it doesn't heat it up. The small one holds a regular mouse pad, a bottle of water and my iphone, without feeling crowded. So, as I said it, it is a big cart!

Both trays can be moved and inclined independently of each other (it is one of the reasons I bought this, along with the fact that is was the only one where the smaller part was in a different, lower, level from the main one) and they appear very steady. I pull the cart by the bigger tray, with my laptop on it and it never failed, I never feared it was going to either. I'm not saying you can lean on it, but it doesn't look flimsy either, far from it, in fact.

The instructions that came with my mine were absolutely perfect and I didn't need any other tool, they all came with it. The parts were all labeled, so it was not a big deal to set it up (it was dirty, though), maybe a 15/20 minute job, max.

I'm happy with my purchase and would buy again if I ever need it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2013 9:12 PM PST

Hedge Fund Market Wizards: How Winning Traders Win
Hedge Fund Market Wizards: How Winning Traders Win
by Jack D. Schwager
Price: $25.05
84 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Deserves a place next to the original Market Wizards, January 18, 2013
I think the best compliment I can give this book is that it deserves a place next to the original Market Wizards book, which is one of the best market books ever written in my humble opinion (along with What I Learned Losing a Million Dollars (Columbia Business School Publishing) and a couple others. To be honest, I did not like the "new market wizards" which in my opinion was done based on the success of the first book. But this one is far enough apart to contain a new generation of traders.

Of course, there are some flaws. This book is populated with american and british (at least) traders. Mr Schwager does not extend his research further than that and on one occasion even says that he only searches through indications of friends (there is one exception in the book). It is sad, as I personally know of South American and European (and no doubt there are others too) traders who deserved to be here and could add to the book. Even so, this is a interesting group with plenty of insights. Although, as someone who has been solely a full time futures trader for the past 15 years, I don't think he draws necessarily the correct inferences or conclusions on some interviews, but to his great credit, the information is there for you to make your own (in a few instances I would like to have asked other questions, but in general he was okay).

Even when he apparently strays off course, like when he interviews his son's boss (really???)... well, that's what I thought... but after reading the interview I thought it was indeed a good choice and very interesting interview, although Mr. Schwager get asking some wrong questions and insists on how he could "improve" his results, without taking into account what the trader had been saying between the lines all the time, which is his knowledge of his style, his emotional capacity, etc...

Anyway, this book's qualities OUTSHINE these small flaws by a wide margin. And, Mr Schwager has done something few people have... he has written 2 exceptional books about the markets. For authors writing a book like the first market wizards is hard, because following it up is very difficult. But he has done it with this one. If you, like some reviewers, are looking for specific techniques and trading tips, you are already searching for the wrong things my friend, and it won't make a difference which book you buy. But if you are interested in reading about some great traders according to their own words, reading about different perspectives, approaches and a lot of information to digest and reflect on, this is DEFINITELY A BUY!

Let me say it for the record, this is an exceptional book and Mr Schwager is to be commended for the work he has done the "trading community".

Page: 1 | 2 | 3