Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Rachel > Reviews

Browse

Rachel's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rachel RSS Feed (Houston, TX)

Page: 1 | 2
It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, feel great on the program!, April 21, 2013
I bought this book after my fiance and I decided to do Whole30 (we had heard great things from others). The authors do a good job of explaining the science behind their program and the book is so conversational, easy to read, and actually funny/entertaining. As for the diet, we're on Day 20 right now and feel fantastic. As instructed, we haven't taken any measurements or weighed in so I can't speak to the weight loss yet but I can tell my fiance is losing weight. (My goal wasn't to lose weight and while I think I have dropped a few pounds, I am trying not to lose too much.) A lot of the authors' quotes stick out in my mind, particularly "Don't tell us it's hard...quitting heroin is hard. Having your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard." That quote has really gotten us through the moments when we've wanted to whine about missing certain foods.

Mivizu Eco Yoga Bag for Pilate/Exercise/Gym/Fitness Bag
Mivizu Eco Yoga Bag for Pilate/Exercise/Gym/Fitness Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great bag!, September 17, 2011
I was hesitant to buy this bag because some people said it wasn't big enough for their mats and I have a thick Lululemon yoga mat. I went ahead and ordered it anyway and was so happy to see that it fits in this bag with plenty of room to spare. I also like the three zippered pockets for extras (I was able full-size deodorant + a travel size perfume fit in one) and the water bottle pocket. I can't believe it was so cheap either. Definitely recommend!

Anchor Hocking Presence Cake Plate with Dome
Anchor Hocking Presence Cake Plate with Dome
Offered by Juvo+
Price: $44.80
19 used & new from $29.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but found it cheaper!, September 1, 2011
This is a great cake dome -- it's beautiful and the price isn't bad! But I actually found it a few days after I used it the first time at Target for $15. I couldn't believe Target was cheaper than Amazon -- that rarely happens! So check there first. Still, I think it was worth way more than that, so if you don't find it there, definitely order here on Amazon!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2012 7:51 AM PDT

Fitlosophy Fitbook: Fitness and Nutrition Journal
Fitlosophy Fitbook: Fitness and Nutrition Journal
Price: $24.95
4 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Fitness Tool!, May 25, 2010
I LOVE my Fitbook! At first, I wasn't sure how it would work for me. I generally set monthly goals, so I wasn't sure about setting long-term, three month goals and then mini weekly goals. But I did it because I really wanted to see if it would work for me!

Well...it worked! In the twelve weeks I had my first Fitbook I lost five pounds, 1.25 inches from my waist, 1 inch of my hips, 1 inch off each bicep, and a half inch off of each thigh. My body looks and feels different -- good different! I finally am strong and toned and it's from the commitment to strength training. And losing five pounds was a nice bonus!

I'm a personal trainer, group fitness instructor, and life coach, and I recommend Fitbook to everyone I work with. It doesn't tell you WHAT to do. It just helps you do it. And that's exactly what so many people need. If you've ever felt like, "Ugh, I just can't keep myself accountable" or "I know how to lose weight but I just can't stick to it," then this product is perfect. I love it. It's like this cute little friend who checks in on you each day. It's convenient, discreet, detailed...I seriously can't go a day without mine!

Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
Offered by digideals4less
Price: $379.99
75 used & new from $144.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great affordable SLR, April 13, 2010
I bought this camera because I am a blogger and needed better quality pics. I had wanted the Canon Rebel but couldn't afford it, so I went with this. I was IMMEDIATELY impressed. The pictures look great -- so crisp and clear, like a magazine. I haven't bought any additional lenses, which I am sure would improve the quality even more, but I am really, really happy with what I got for the money. It was $300 less than the camera I thought I needed and takes really quality pictures.

10 Minute Solution - Kickbox Bootcamp
10 Minute Solution - Kickbox Bootcamp
DVD ~ Keli Roberts
Price: $7.26
63 used & new from $0.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Great workout!, April 13, 2010
I wanted to do kickboxing at home and there aren't a ton of DVD options so I went with this one. I loved it! I'm a personal trainer and group fitness instructor but I still got a great workout. I love that it's just an individual instructor, not a class of people. Each segment is a great little workout on its own, but doing the whole DVD is great too. I definitely felt it the next day. I really like Kelli Roberts. She's normal and down-to-earth and doesn't say cheesy things the entire time, but still keeps me engaged.

Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
Price: $265.99
31 used & new from $252.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great bike. Don't waste money on a more expensive bike!, March 6, 2010
I had a more expensive Spinning brand bike in my cart and went to purchase when I saw this other bike suggested by Amazon. I checked it out and, after reading good reviews, decided to save $200 and go with this brand instead. I am VERY impressed. I am a group cycling instructor and have used several types of bikes and this bike is great. You really get more than your money's worth on this piece -- I recommend it to anyone who is looking for one inexpensive piece of home cardio equipment. It definitely feels more expensive. It's sturdy and comparable to the bikes I used in gyms when I teach. The assembly wasn't terribly hard (about an hour) although the directions were slightly confusing. Still, no meltdowns.

Meeting Your Half-Orange: An Utterly Upbeat Guide to Using Dating Optimism to Find Your Perfect Match
by Amy Spencer
46 used & new from $5.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, LOVE, February 20, 2010
I very rarely pre-order books on Amazon, but I did with this one. I had been following Amy Spencer's blog and was so enthused by her ideas and attitude that I was just DYING to read the whole book. It did NOT disappoint. I found myself smiling the whole way through at the stories and the happy energy that just comes from this book. I wrote about it on my blog, recommended it to my friends, and would buy it for every single girl I knew if I could afford it. After years of letting "He's Just Not That Into You" make me crazy insecure and ruin all my relationships, this just made so much SENSE. I completely believe in the power of positive thinking and I applied it everywhere except for my dating life...but I never knew quite HOW to apply the positive thinking techniques. It isn't even that easy -- I've found I honestly have to WORK at it -- but the author just makes you WANT to. It's upbeat but not annoyingly so. I have recommended it to all my friends and just a few weeks of using the positive thinking techniques has helped my new relationship SO MUCH. It's such a breath of fresh air after the "Sex and the City" and "He's Just Not That Into You" years...love, love, LOVE this book.

TotalMix - The Complete Total Body Workout System
TotalMix - The Complete Total Body Workout System
DVD ~ Quick Fix
Offered by Sparks DVD Sales
Price: $9.98
42 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Way to Strength Train, September 19, 2009
I LOVE this DVD. I don't even think you can buy it in stores anymore; this is my third time purchasing because I've worn out two other DVDs! You can choose from nine 10-minute sessions: three abs, three butt, arms, legs, or arms and legs. I hate strength training but this video actually gets me to do it. The 10 minutes goes really quickly and using this video in conjunction with cardio (doing one abs segment 4x a week and arms and lower body 2x a week) helped me get my best body ever. The moves are simple, the transitions are nice and slow, and the girls are cute and not annoying. My favorite is the arm segment! It's hard to find good DVDs for toning your arms.

Joie Whisky Egg Non-Stick Double Sided Omelette Pan, Silver, Small
Joie Whisky Egg Non-Stick Double Sided Omelette Pan, Silver, Small
Offered by Stock Your Home
Price: $12.28
28 used & new from $10.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but mighty, August 26, 2009
I am HORRIBLE at making omelets, even though I really like them, so when my mom bought me this, I was thrilled. Still, I thought it was too small to do the job. But I was wrong! I usually use liquid egg whites and you can easily fill this with four servings. It produces a thick fluffy omelet really quickly. I also love that it steams the veggies so nicely. Definitely good for a single person and WAY easier to use to make eggs than a regular pan. The size/shape makes it good for making eggs for little sandwiches too.

Page: 1 | 2