Profile for George Chang > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

George Chang RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Aqua Sphere Sphera Reef Junior toddler swim & snorkel mask Green
Aqua Sphere Sphera Reef Junior toddler swim & snorkel mask Green
Offered by iSnorkel: Snorkel & Swim Gear
Price: $29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits my 4 year-old's face well, October 11, 2013
I was looking for a snorkel mask that would fit my 4-year olds' small faces. Other masks that were available at our local big-box stores were more youth sized. Bought this mask in green and pink for my son and daughter. They both have very different heads/faces. My son has a bigger, rounder head and this worked perfectly with no leaks. My daughter has a much narrower face, and it fit her just as well.

The gasket is soft silicone and molded well to my kids' faces and the straps adjust easily. They used it in the surf in Hawaii for a week over the summer. These will probably fit them for a few more years.

The main concerns I have with the masks:
1) Lens feels a little thin (flexible vs hard plastic), but has held up so far
2) The silicone and straps don't feel as heavy duty as I would like, but they held up to a lot of pulling and tugging so far without any problems. The one issue is that when you attach a snorkel, it's not as secure as with an adult mask.
3) These feel fairly pricey for what you are getting

In summary:

If you're looking for something that fits small faces of a 4 year old, there aren't many options and these worked well for us. But as mentioned, the product doesn't feel as durable given the price that you're paying.

Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set, 16 5/8 x 11
Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set, 16 5/8 x 11
Price: $16.72
29 used & new from $11.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - don't worry it's not name brand, October 11, 2013
We do a lot of baking and cooking and have been using our Silpat mats for years. However, we mistakenly cut one of our old mats. Looking for a replacement, I was a little wary of these because they are not the leading name brand. However, given they are sold by Amazon (vs. a third-party) and the good reviews, decided to give it a try.

We were not disappointed. These have the same feel as our Silpat mats. Also, we have baked a number of batches of cookies, used them as liners for pouring out toffee, and baked food on them, they work just like our other ones - completely non-stick.

So, consider this one more reassuring vote that these are just as good as the Silpats - at less than 1/2 the cost.

Softspikes Golf Cleat Kaddy
Softspikes Golf Cleat Kaddy
Price: $8.97
29 used & new from $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Ratcheting mechanism broke on 1st use, July 5, 2013
The ratcheting mechanism broke halfway through my second shoe. I had to use a handle from my own ratchet set to finish. Hoping that this is just a fluke, as there were many good reviews about this product here on Amazon. I'm returning it for a replacement. That said:

The "cleat ripper" is amazing. It easily removed the stuck golf spikes from my shoe. Worlds better grip on the spike than the standard two-prong remover that tends to slip on worn down spikes.

Note: the ripper works better on the Softpike brand spikes (not surprising as they make it). It's a little harder to use on the stinger brand spikes as they have a different spacing (had two leftover on my shoes from a prior box).

It looks like they have a cleat-ripper only product for a buck less here without the moving parts of the ratchet. In hindsight, I might have ordered that instead, but I was attracted to the bells and whistles of this one.

Eiko 15124 - FTD - 20 Watt MR11 Style Halogen Light Bulb, 12 Volt, 30 Degree Beam Spread
Offered by Sale Stores
Price: $4.99
13 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bulb, note - no glass cover, April 12, 2013
I missed this in a prior review, but this bulb does not come with a glass cover. Wish it had been in the description of the bulb for those of us that assume they come with a cover.

Timex Kids' T72881 "Lizards" Watch with Multi-Colored Fabric Band
Timex Kids' T72881 "Lizards" Watch with Multi-Colored Fabric Band
Price: $15.96
10 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for little kids to tell time, December 1, 2012
My preschooler kids like to look at clocks. So, I looked around for a watch that would fit their small wrists. This watch with the elastic, adjustable wristband works great and they like the light in the dark face.

Also, in case you didn't notice from the picture, the hands are color coded to the numbers. There's a small set of numbers that indicate the minutes (in red) just outside the big hour numbers (in blue).

Nutcase Chartreuse Metallic Matte Bike Helmet
Nutcase Chartreuse Metallic Matte Bike Helmet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great helmet, easy to use for kids, December 1, 2012
I bought this helmet for my preschooler for bike riding. He's able to take it on and off on his own because of the magnetic clasp vs. the plastic snap clips that come on a lot of other helmets. Also, the twist knob on the back makes it easy to adjust the helmet to fit snugly on the head.

Aleratec SATA Data Cable (2pk)
Aleratec SATA Data Cable (2pk)
Offered by Aleratec
Price: $5.99
2 used & new from $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Protective plastic is brittle, December 1, 2012
These cables work, but you get what you pay for. The protective outer plastic looks and feels brittle. One cable I ordered cracked and exposed the inside wiring in the first 2 months I had it. Also, keep in mind how mush space you have and order the 90 degree SATA cables if you don't have the clearance for these straight plugs.

Superfeet Men's 3/4 Premium Insoles
Superfeet Men's 3/4 Premium Insoles
Price: $19.95 - $35.84

4.0 out of 5 stars A litte stiff, but works great, December 1, 2012
I have size 8.5 flat feet. I wear orthotics for my running shoes after a running injury, but they don't fit my work dress shoes (oxfords). I thought I would give these a try based on the positive reviews. Prior to ordering these, I would often have foot pain around the site of a prior injury if walking a lot during the day, but after trying these, it's gone.

I thought these would be softer, but they're hard plastic. They do a great job from a support standpoint, but do not provide any cushioning. They've been easy enough to slip in and out that I haven't gotten around to buying a second pair yet.

Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77-DS3H
Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77-DS3H
Price: $111.47
9 used & new from $73.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Rev 1.1 Ethernet doesn't work with Hackintosh, December 1, 2012
I purchased this board for a basic Hackintosh build. Overall, it has worked well for me. However, please note, for rev 1.1 of this board (which is the one that I received from Amazon) the on-board ethernet is not currently supported. However, my understanding is that an update is being worked on.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2013 5:28 PM PST

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - Mid Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 Ports and X-Dock (RC-692A-KKN5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, lots of space, quiet fans, December 1, 2012
This was my first build in a long time, and I was looking for a case that was reasonably priced, but I could use both with my initial build, and also as I upgrade over time. This was for a Hackintosh build, primarily to serve for photo and video editing.

This computer sits in my home office, but I still wanted something that would be relatively quiet. This is probably on the larger side for mid tower cases. Also, as other reviewers have mentioned it's heavy, but it also feels solid. Not something you'd want to be moving around a lot.

The case has mesh ventilated grills front, top, and back and comes standard with 3 fans, and space for more:
- one on the front that blows across the hard drive rack with a blue LED.
- one on the back
- one on the top

With the stock fans, plus an aftermarket CPU cooler, this you can barely hear this case running. There's a button on the case that allows you to turn off the blue LED on the front fan, if that's not your cup of tea.

If you think you'll be putting them back in at a later time, be careful when removing the exterior grills when putting in things like a DVD drive. The plastic snaps that hold them in place are pretty flimsy and break easily.

Lots of room inside the case. It has space on the side to route cables out of the way of the main motherboard - a little tight, but I didn't have any problems with it. The hard drive rack also comes with one 3.5" tray for SSD with the rest standard sized. It's configured perpendicular to the front. So you can easily slide drive in one end and plug the power and SATA cables in on the other side.

I've had this case running for 2 months now and have been very satisfied with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3