Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "gilberttribe" RSS Feed (Colorado Springs, CO United States)

Basic Terry Soakers LG (fits size 6 up)
Basic Terry Soakers LG (fits size 6 up)
Offered by Skatebuys/Dancebuys
Price: $7.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Color + Terrible costumer Service, April 30, 2014
I ordered the color "Tie-Dye" thinking it would be a blue/white/purple color. I got a traditional tie-dye which was totally the wrong color. When I e-mailed them to try to exchange for the color I actually ordered, I never got a response. They send random products and do not help to make sure you're satisfided with your order. I recommend getting them from someone else.

CONTRACT KILLER: ZOMBIES
CONTRACT KILLER: ZOMBIES
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating and Expensive, July 8, 2012
This review is from: CONTRACT KILLER: ZOMBIES (App)
The gameplay is good, as are the graphics. However, it is VERY hard to accumulate enough money to afford the guns needed to pass even very low levels. You are almost forced to buy cash or grind for a very long time in survival to get enough cash to afford any of the higher level guns, and need glu credits to get anything really good, and there is no way to aquire these credits in the game.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid mid-size saw, October 12, 2006
I have had my Husqvarna 350 for nearly five years now, and cut over six cords of wood per year with it. Although I typically have to pull the cord 6 to 8 times to get it to start when cold, it has never failed to start. It has been very reliable. The vibration isolation works well (no negative effects on the hands after hours of use), and it is light enough to carry up a ladder. Tuning it to run optimally is the most frustrating part of using the saw, but it doesn't need performed very often. The air injection works reasonably well as the air filter only needs occasional cleaning. If you cut as much or more wood per year than I do, you may want to consider a larger saw. Large pines (> ~14"), can be difficult and time consuming to cut. I've cut many that were over 18", so it can be done. Although I purchased the saw from a local dealer, being able to stop at the big box stores for chains, bars, oil, etc. can be handy, since the local dealer is much further away. I would certainly recommend this chainsaw based on my experience.

KitchenAid KP26M1XCM Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer, Cinnamon
KitchenAid KP26M1XCM Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer, Cinnamon
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes delicious bread!, February 23, 2006
This is an outstanding mixer. I don't think it's terribly loud, as I have seen in other reviews. The design may have changed or it could just be that I mill my own flour in an impact mill, and the mixer seems very quiet compared to the mill! I also have 4 children, so I'm fairly desensitized to noise.

I got the mixer primarily for making bread. It is rated for 14 cups of all-purpose flour, but the manual says to only use 8 cups of whole-grain flour (2 loaves). I make 2 loaves of whole-grain bread at least once a week, usually twice. The spiral dough hook does an excellent job of kneading, and the mixer has plenty of power to handle the whole-grain dough. Just 8 minutes of kneading develpes the gluten so well, that I only have to raise the dough for 30 minutes in the bread pans and then bake it, and we end up with delicious, light, fluffy bread. I can make bread in less than an hour and a half, including the time for kneading, rising and baking. (We live over 7500 feet in altitude, and I have seen recipes that call for up to 3 rises of yeast bread at high altitude, but that is absolutely not necessary.) I used to use a bread machine, and produced many "bread bricks" with it. Since I got the KitchenAid, the bread machine has been retired.

We have mostly just made bread, but also have used it for cake, gingerbread, and whipped cream. It had no problem with any of those, as I expected. There is one major design flaw, in my children's opinions, and we discovered it when 2 of them were helping me make a birthday cake. They were very distressed when they realized there was only one beater to lick! That is our only complaint so far.

We also purchased the meat grinder and used it to grind at least 30 pounds of beef, elk, and turkey into burger. The mixer had plenty of power to be up to the task.

I am very pleased with the performance of this mixer and don't think anyone would regret purchasing it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2008 12:15 PM PST

Advanced Digital Design with the Verilog(TM)  HDL
Advanced Digital Design with the Verilog(TM) HDL
by Michael D. Ciletti
38 used & new from $4.72

5.0 out of 5 stars The most used book in my library., November 1, 2002
Simply put, this is an excellent book. I have five books on my bookshelf covering HDL, and this book is by far the most informative and practical. The number of examples containing Verilog code, a test bench, a synthesized netlist, and simulation results is incredible. It covers some very important topics in detail that my other books don't even mention (design partitioning, clock domain synchronization, and proper gating of clocks immediately come to mind). I especially like the in-depth treatment the book gives to writing sythesizable code. Synthesis isn't an after thought; it is a primary focus exactly as it should be. The index is sufficient and larger than most books, but this book deserves more.
As an experienced engineer and engineering manager, I have used the text to provide examples, algorithms, and to instruct my engineering staff. This book is not only my main Verilog book, but it is my digital design reference as well.