Profile for Country Retiree > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Country Retiree RSS Feed (Florida Panhandle)

Page: 1 | 2
10 Mesh Wash Bags with Secured Zipper Closure, (Pack of 10)
10 Mesh Wash Bags with Secured Zipper Closure, (Pack of 10)
Offered by Fishers Finery
Price: $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars they are perfect for my purpose which is to make easy and ..., August 12, 2014
Although it is not my intention to use these as wash bags, they are perfect for my purpose which is to make easy and organized carrying devices for a small white board, eraser, markers, and cards needed for my college classroom activity. Being mesh and washable, they are lightweight and appear to be sufficiently sturdy. My secretary and I are delighted.

Mann Lake CN540 24-Pack Plastic Squeeze Bear with Yellow Flip Top, 1-1/2-Pound
Mann Lake CN540 24-Pack Plastic Squeeze Bear with Yellow Flip Top, 1-1/2-Pound
Price: $32.03

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Honey Bear Jar, July 12, 2014
We like the idea of using a bear jar for our honey and were pleased to find them here. When we received the order which was shipped promptly, we were absolutely delighted. The seal in the cap adheres to the bottle top and remains until someone removes the seal, thus maintaining the honey freshness and lack of contamination. The size is ideal, holding about 1.5 lbs of honey. The label area is a little tricky, since there does not appear to be a readily available sheet of printable labels to accompany the bottles. However, we found our small labels from our apiary work really well. We'll be back to order more!

The Flipped Classroom: The Full Picture
The Flipped Classroom: The Full Picture
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars On Target, April 3, 2014
Just what I needed to help my college faculty understand that the flipped classroom isn't just some passing fad, but a pedagogy that encompasses many facets. To make it even better, it is a quick read (about 87 pages) that is packed with references to give greater depth and breadth to the picture. Initially, I had a problem with the numerous examples that seemed more suited to elementary students until I thought about ways those experiences could be adapted at the adult level.

Downton Abbey Season 1
Downton Abbey Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars A Class Act, February 26, 2014
The characters are superbly performed, the settings accurately portrayed, the overall quality is amazing. It took me very nearly the entire first episode to sort the characters out, but that is to be expected with such a large, diverse cast. I am looking forward to finding another quiet hour to spend with this group of personalities I have met in Downton Abbey.

Samsung Galaxy S4 owner's manual: Your quick reference to all Galaxy S IV features, including photography, voicemail, Email, and a universe of free Android apps

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, January 19, 2014
I've just begun, but it is clear and well organized thus far. Cell phones are not my technological choice, so there are a number of things I have not yet tried.

Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs,  and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers
Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading for Professionals, December 9, 2013
Dr. Perlmutter makes excellent points regarding nutrition and the brain/body, however he is writing for an audience who has more training than the majority of people he needs to reach. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but I am a chemist who has long espoused the basics of what he is teaching and have some knowledge of the science. I would love to see a book that is toned down just a bit and written more for the regular audience. However, that said, it should be required reading for every physician and dietician just as it stands. I heartily recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve their health and is willing to wade through some of the more technical aspects.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegantly Written, August 25, 2013
It was just what I expected of Rowling (aka. Robert Galbraith): powerful character development, attention to every detail, engaging and multiple story line. Every character was so beautifully developed that recalling who did what even late into the story was no problem. I sat among long term acquaintances and watched their lives and events evolve, all through the magic that Rowling wove with the superbly designed story she fabricated. I hope she has another book in the works.

Replogle Globe 4 Kids - 10 in. Diam.
Replogle Globe 4 Kids - 10 in. Diam.
Offered by Wizard of Math
Price: $59.95
16 used & new from $49.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 8 year old grandson!, August 4, 2013
He loved it! His fascination with geography, names and locations of countries, seas, etc. make this a perfect gift. He spends many happy hours studying all the information that this globe provides and we are delighted with its sturdiness. Thank you for making it available.

Learner-Centered Teaching: Five Key Changes to Practice
Learner-Centered Teaching: Five Key Changes to Practice
Price: $31.22

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Read for Higher Education Professionals, June 14, 2013
Once again, Professor Weimer has struck a nerve in higher education, pointing out where we need to make changes to facilitate excellent education in our colleges. It is on the "must read" list for the faculty with whom I work in our Quality Enhancement Program to promote Critical Academic Literacy. The cites she gives of current and developing research are invaluable as support for the changes she recommends and my list of relevant items to read grows with every page in her book.

Teaching Strategies for the College Classroom: A Collection of Faculty Articles
Teaching Strategies for the College Classroom: A Collection of Faculty Articles

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pointers!, April 28, 2013
Typical of work edited by Maryellen Weimer, this is a collection of practical approaches to teaching at the college level. Although every suggestion doesn't fit every class, there is so much to consider that everyone will find ideas that fit their style and solutions for virtually every problem the college instructor meets. Further, it is Professor Weimer's personal understanding of the college student that helps to guide those of us who teach in likewise achieving that understanding.

Page: 1 | 2