Profile for Killer Reviews > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Killer Reviews RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Xbox One + Kinect
Xbox One + Kinect
Price: Click here to see our price
190 used & new from $354.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Xbox One + Kinect (Console)
I picked up the Xbox one for christmas at a Best buy to serve as my all in one media hub like it was advertised at E3. The only thing I can get the sytem to actually do is play games, and do a crappy job streaming media. I tried watching one of my blu-ray movies after downloading the application only to find out it doesn't actually play all blu-ray movies. All the movies I own are in 3D, lucky for me the Xbox doesn't support any 3D content whatsoever. I tried hooking my computer to it, and it doesn't accept my computer in its pass thru feature either. I have contacted their support on this, but have received no help. My best guess is the 3D because my computer is also 3D capable. I tried hooking my playstation 3 up to the system, and it didn't work either because of 3D. I tried using the system to watch stream movies and tv shows through it only to discover it looks like garbage. The picture quality is better looking using my tv's applications than through the Xbox One. My playstation 3 collects dust to because they lied to me as well, but at least it supports 3D blu-ray's, so I can watch movies on it at least. The only console on the market that I actually use is my WII U, and that system does everything nintendo said it would. Be cautious buyers the Xbox One doesn't acutally serve as an all in one for everyone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2014 11:14 AM PDT

Cuisinart DGB-650BC Grind-and-Brew Thermal 10-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker, Brushed Metal
Price: $99.95
43 used & new from $58.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Thermal...More like Cold Coffee, April 9, 2013
Every time I use the coffee pot the coffee comes out cold. Yes you can heat the carafe with hot water first, but that only helps a little because the hot plate doesn't stay warm at all. I can make a pot of coffee, and in less the two hours after its made.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Playstation 3
Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Playstation 3
Offered by Pinnacle Toys
Price: $22.32
62 used & new from $11.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many Bugs to play, December 1, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I have played this game for about 6 hours with my wife, and just when I started enjoying it I was stuck. The next area would not let me progress, and I looked at a walkthrough online to see if I missed something. I did everything correct the stupid game just wouldn't load the cutscene to progress me to the next area. Thank you very much WB for releasing a game that should still be in the beta testing phase, and wasting my time.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play R800i Unlocked Phone and Gaming Device with Android OS and Slide-Out Gamepad
Offered by Scharter Store
Price: $169.99
12 used & new from $159.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a playstation phone, August 16, 2011
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2012 7:07 PM PDT

Sony Ericsson R800IEUBLK Xperia Play R800i Unlocked Phone and Gaming Device with Slide-Out Gamepad and Android OS - Unlocked Phone - No Warranty - Black
Offered by Scharter Store
Price: $159.00
11 used & new from $150.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a playstation phone, August 16, 2011

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a Playstation Phone, August 16, 2011
I have been playing video games since I could hold a regular NES controller in my hands. When smart phone's first came out there was no way I was going to purchase one when my psp could do everything they could, and had quality games for it. Finally I have the best of both worlds despite what another review on amazon states. The phone works great it is loud and clear. The phone doesn't come with a really great line up of games unless your a sims fan, but it comes with perfect controls to fit all the wonderful apps. Through the android market you can find a emulator for the playstation 1, GBA, SNES, N64, ATARAI, NES, GBC, and many more. Despite the playstaion network not being on this phone through the emulators it is really easy to play all your favorite games that you already own through the emulators. I have nothing negative to say about this phone. Its not the most advanced smartphone available, but its hands down the best gaming phone available. If only the playstation Vita would double as a phone. AS ALWAYS DO NOT DOWNLOAD A ROM FOR A GAME YOU DO NOT ALREADY OWN THAT IS PIRATING.

Infamous 2 - Playstation 3
Infamous 2 - Playstation 3
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $18.89
143 used & new from $6.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A Big Letdown, June 27, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Infamous 2 was showcased at E3, and has received good reviews from the critics. Every bit of information I found made the game sound amazing, and I was dissappointed when I got my hands on it.

Gameplay: It is exactly like the first Infamous with only very little improvements. The new upgrade system is really annoying, and forces the player to grind in order repurchase upgrades that Cole already had in the first game. The game also has a tone of glitches, I lost count of floating dead enemies after 6.

Graphics. 720P for a PS3 game really............Suckerpunch is lazy. ITS A FREAKING BLURAY and you want $50 for this game?

Replay: Moderate to high depending on if your intrested on user created missions. If not there is a good and bad storyline to play through which each are about 12 hours. Sadly though the choices made by the player in the last game don't really matter, and the storyline doesn't really vary that much if you're good or evil.

Overall C: Rent the game or wait until it drops to $20 like it should be priced, and be prepared for a expansion of Infamous 2. The game should not be a stand alone title, and I am dissappointed in Sony for putting their name on this sequel.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2011 6:48 AM PDT

Rayman 3D - Nintendo 3DS
Rayman 3D - Nintendo 3DS
Offered by *best-deal*
Price: $17.45
57 used & new from $6.50

3.0 out of 5 stars A quick cash in for ubisoft, April 4, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This is just a port of Rayman 2 from the dreamcast. Don't get me wrong it is a good game, and the 3d looks nice. The problem I have with it is they didn't add anything to the game except 3d, and the are charging a full 40$ dollars for it. The game is good overall Graphics 6/10, fun 7/10, sound 6/10, replay 4/10, and challenging 5/10. The game starts out tricking you into thinking their is a lot of story, and cool powers when the surprises stop shortly into the game. The battles are so easy the only reason to play this platformer is the challenges the stage presents. The level themselves don't get difficult until the end, and still it only takes a few tries to beath them. In conclusion a solid game nontheless, but nowhere near worth the 40$ pricetag when you can buy batman arkham asylum in 3d for half the price.

Dragon Age 2 - PC
Dragon Age 2 - PC
Offered by POSTED FROM UK UNITED KINGDOM!!!
Price: $14.99
17 used & new from $11.74

3.0 out of 5 stars A dissapointment, March 22, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dragon Age 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)
I waited, and stayed up late on the release day in order to play this hyped up game with hopes it would be as good as the original. I was sadly mistaken to find the game lacking in more than one area. Custimization is almost completely taken out of this game, and the player is given very little options to customize the main character. If you hoped on being any race other than human forget it, and go purchase dragon age origins. While playing the game you will find yourself going to the same few areas over and over again, instead of travelling around the continent. The story is average to mediocore, and the graphics are quite a step down from the first game. The enemies don't look menancing at all, and I wouldn't be surprised to see mario jumping on the heads as a WII game. Bioware also decided to take out a lot of class specilizations, and only added one new one. Overall it is a decent RPG game, but nothing special. The game was nowhere worth the sixty bucks I paid for it, and is only worth twenty bucks at most. repalaybility 4/10 graphics 5/10 Story 6/10 /custimazation 7/10. In conclusion dragon age 2 does no live up to the original, and should be considered as an expansion instead of a new game.

Dragon Age 2 - Bioware Signature Edition - PC