Profile for RyanH > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 90

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RyanH "Ryan" RSS Feed (Charleston area, SC, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Wanted Poster Photo Prop Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
Wanted Poster Photo Prop Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
Offered by BirthdayExpress
Price: $6.79
10 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids LOVED this, June 24, 2014
Bought this for summer camp and it was a huge hit. It got passed all over camp so kids could get their pictures taken in it. Great prop for camps, parties, etc. It does create a significant glare if your camera uses flash, so be careful there; but no complaints otherwise.

24" Overzized / Giant Foam Cowboy Hat - Purple
24" Overzized / Giant Foam Cowboy Hat - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars head hole SUPER small, but otherwise a great prop, June 24, 2014
I'll grant that I have an above-average head circumference but this hat fit so tightly that it started to cut off circulation to the top of my head. Luckily half the reason for this was a generous foam padding around the hole, so a couple minutes with scissors and I was able to carefully cut away the padding enough to make this hat wearable. I got 2 solid days of use out of it at day camp and it held up very well. Only thing I didn't love was that it has a white hat band that you can't see in the product photos. I was hoping for solid purple, and the hat band looked difficult to remove without damaging the hat. So I just lived with it...not a huge deal. Overall I think I got my money's worth and more.

One thing to note: the sides of the hat are held up by those plastic thingies that are used to attach price tags to clothing. DO NOT REMOVE THESE!! It will ruin the look of the hat. I was stupid and removed them thinking they were there to keep the hat compact(ish) for shipping. Luckily some well-placed safety pins covered up my mistake.

PLASTIC DEPUTY SHERIFF BADGE (6 DOZEN) - BULK
PLASTIC DEPUTY SHERIFF BADGE (6 DOZEN) - BULK
Offered by We got It All
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your money, June 24, 2014
Bought these for day camp and none of the kids could wear them because the cheap clips on the backing broke 100% of the time. More than half the time they were "glued" to the back of the badge by the cheap paint, and trying to separate the clip from the backing usually caused them to break. Attempting to open any intact clips more than about the width of a paper clip usually caused them to snap, so you can imagine how difficult it was to get them onto kids' shirts. Big waste of money and effort.

Conchos Mixed Finishes Western 1" Round Slotted; 25 Pieces
Conchos Mixed Finishes Western 1" Round Slotted; 25 Pieces
Offered by Dangerous Threads
Price: $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars bigger than an nickel, smaller than a quarter, but sturdy, June 24, 2014
These were perfect for a western-themed cub scout craft. They're not too small and not large enough to be garish. I loved the variety of finishes. This was a great purchase.

6 lbs Gourmet Popping Corn in Midnight Blue
6 lbs Gourmet Popping Corn in Midnight Blue
Offered by D&J Shopping Connection
Price: $15.99
5 used & new from $13.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for, June 24, 2014
This is more "purple" popcorn than "blue", in that purple popcorn tends to pop with much smaller kernels and have a deeper "cooked corn" taste while true blue popcorn has larger kernels and is sweeter. I was hoping for the latter and instead got the former, so I feel like the product description is misleading. Having said that I will say that generally, I do like this variety of popcorn. This particular product produces small kernels, but they are light and crunchy and have a good mouth-feel to them. However I'm disappointed in the number of unpopped kernels in an average batch. I've popped using both small and larger quantities and the old maids are at least 3 times what I would expect from quality popcorn. That's a real letdown because I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. I don't think I'll be purchasing this product again.

The Book Of Love
The Book Of Love
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great love song, March 5, 2014
This review is from: The Book Of Love (MP3 Music)
This is such a simple, but beautiful love song. It's got great lyrics that are practical and poetic without being flowery. I'm absolutely captivated by the singer's deep voice, too...it totally makes the song.

Wonderwall (Album Version)
Wonderwall (Album Version)
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and beautiful, March 5, 2014
I barely recognize this song when compared to the original. Ryan Adams has done an amazing cover and really made it his own. It is haunting and melancholy and just beautiful.

Eureka Quick-up Cordless 2-in-1 Stick Vacuum, 96H
Eureka Quick-up Cordless 2-in-1 Stick Vacuum, 96H
Price: $32.31
88 used & new from $32.31

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, March 5, 2014
This is basically a dustbuster on a stick. It's two pieces: the stick, and the vacuum. Problem is, the "vacuum" part also includes that monster horizontal bar at the bottom, which you can't detach, so it's practically useless for getting into corners or other small spaces like stairs or couch cushions. It also doesn't perform particularly well on non-carpeted surfaces. Look elsewhere for a quick portable/convertible vacuum combo.

Ravensburger Snail's Pace Race - Children's Game
Ravensburger Snail's Pace Race - Children's Game
Price: $20.46
31 used & new from $9.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun once or twice, but doesn't really hold attention, March 5, 2014
This game is okay but my kids didn't think it was much fun. They didn't really get the concept, which is basically that you're betting at the horseraces (very slow horseracing) instead of "owning" a particular color and trying to make it win.

100 Black Velvet Pocket Watch & Jewelry Drawstring Gift Pouches 2.5"
100 Black Velvet Pocket Watch & Jewelry Drawstring Gift Pouches 2.5"

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap fabric and the drawstring is stiff, but it serves its purpose, March 5, 2014
These aren't exactly elegant pouches; the "velvet" is cheap and stiff, as is the drawstring. But they don't wear out easily and they do the job I bought them for, so 4 stars for that. They're big enough to hold an Eisenhower dollar, but nothing much larger/thicker.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9