Profile for firesongus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"firesongus" RSS Feed (Albany, GA)

Empire Records: The Soundtrack
Empire Records: The Soundtrack
Price: $5.82
335 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent disc, but a second volume is needed., June 3, 2002
I have seen this movie numerous times, and when they released the DVD i bought that and the soundtrack simultaneously. I was in the air force at the time and me and my buddies sat around and watched this at LEAST once a day for a couple weeks. When I first listened to the soundtrack i was expecting to hear "Seems" by Queen Sarah Saturday. Stupid me didn't look at the back of the case. Also missing were "Plowed" by Sponge, "Counting Blue Cars" by Dishwalla, "Saddam A Go-Go" by GWAR (not "Gore" as a previous reviewer stated), and most importantly, the duet with Coyote Shivers and Rene Zellwegger on "Sugarhigh". I figure it this way. I can get every song in mp3 form that i want, and make my own second volume, INCLUDING the Shivers/Zellwegger "Sugarhigh" (and once again for the previous reviewer: Coyote Shivers is the guy who played Burko. The guy who sang Sugarhigh WITH Rene on the roof, and yes that is rene's real voice!)Now all of the songs i mentioned before is easy enough to find on cd (except the movie ver of "Sugarhigh" and Queen Sarah Saturday's "Seems"<the album has long since been deleted>), so you could also just buy a few albums by the different artists and maybe learn that you like them as well... Just a thought. I will be getting a copy of Queen Sarah Saturday's album though... soon at that... the perks of working in a record store.