Profile for DRC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DRC RSS Feed

Redemption: A Contemporary Erotic Romance (Iris Series Book 2)
Redemption: A Contemporary Erotic Romance (Iris Series Book 2)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars best new contemporary romance author!, May 23, 2014
This is the series I re-visit, time and again, when I've become a jaded, bitter romance novel reader. Rebecca Lynn reminds me of why I love to read this genre.
Authors "Rebecca" and "Lynn" always give me a lift and a renewed faith in romance. The only problem with re-reading this series is it makes me more impatient for their next book release!
I've read book #1, Release, several times; However, this was my first re-read of Redemption. Still a 5 star book. Still the perfect amount of erotic romance, suspense, and intelligent characters dealing with real-life issues. Can't wait for Michael and Emily's story in book #3.

Revelation: A Contemporary Erotic Romance (Iris Series Book 3)
Revelation: A Contemporary Erotic Romance (Iris Series Book 3)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars LOL funny with SIZZLING chemistry!, May 23, 2014
My absolute favorite of the Iris Series!
Revelation is the most thorough, complex contemporary romance novel I've read in a long while.
I love, love, LOVE the leading man, Michael Callahan. He is hot, sexy, funny, and determined to get his woman!
Emily is an accomplished, kick ass Lawyer. She's street smart, book smart, and doesn't take any smack from anyone - physically or verbally. Emily is the ideal heroine; a woman we can be proud of. But I'm still stuck on Michael. So refreshing to have a hot, fun loving, stable alpha man character after reading hoards of serious, controlling leading men in romance novels. I could just eat him up! Yum!
WARNING! Once you start this book, you're going to get sucked in so plan accordingly!

Blue By You
Blue By You
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Bleh!, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Blue By You (Kindle Edition)
It's like reading an incomplete, albeit well-written, novel.
I'm a huge fan and have read all of Rachel's books. This one? HUGE mistake.

Is this "novella" the fault of a greedy publisher?
Two stars because Ms. Gibson really knows how to write. Being generous, mind you.

One Sweet Ride (A Play-by-Play Novel)
One Sweet Ride (A Play-by-Play Novel)
by Jaci Burton
Price: $10.99
50 used & new from $2.39

2.0 out of 5 stars One sweet disappointment!, September 6, 2013
I have been waiting for the next book in this series to come out for a while.
And after Gray's introduction in previous books in the series, I had high hopes for his story.

I just don't understand how you can so totally mess up such a great concept!

The characters fell flat. I think Gray had more "character" in the brief glimpses we had of him in previous books than he does in this book.

And Evelyn. I felt nothing for her at all. And she really jumped into sex with Gray like it was her occupation, not like she was totally in love with him.

All they ever did was have sex. Even for a book where you expect a lot of sex.

But what REALLY made me dislike this book was when Gray took Evelyn to NY for the "first time". WHAT?
Who goes to college @ Georgetown, works in DC for a SENATOR, travels the country extensively for political campaigns, and has NEVER been to NYC? Who? Who!!!!

Release: A Contemporary Erotic Romance (Iris Series Book 1)
Release: A Contemporary Erotic Romance (Iris Series Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect (steamy) romance novel!, September 6, 2013
I love this book! I read it super fast - like "Fifty Shades" fast!

Very few books in this genre (erotic romance) get the right balance between "hot alpha stud" and "psychotic stalker" and this one did. Right from the beginning.

You'll cheer for the main characters, Ryann and Jeremy, who are both so lovable.
We meet Ryann as a young widow in the midst of a life change. Jeremy is a hot, rich, alpha stud who spends every waking moment convincing Ryann they were meant for each other, "I want you to want me with every breath you have ..."
Smokin' hot, rich and devoted. Who wouldn't love a man like that?

Hopefully, I wont miss this couple much because the author very cleverly sets up story lines for future books. Ryann and Jeremy are sure to be included (I hope!) in the entire Iris Series.

This is a well written first novel! I can't wait to read the rest of this series - especially Jonathan and Ayanna's story.

Making Chase (The Chase Brothers, Book 4)
Making Chase (The Chase Brothers, Book 4)
by Lauren Dane
Price: $10.81
58 used & new from $0.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuck!, August 17, 2012
I read this Chase brother book last in the series of relatively entertaining romance novels. Boy, was I disappointed. I stopped reading about half way through because (a) there was very little build-up/development of the relationship between the two main characters (even the sex scenes were vague and boring) and (b) there was so much negativity directed toward the main character, Tate, and reference to her demolished self-esteem, throughout the entire book by every single character (even Polly Chase expresses Tate isn't as pretty as her other daughter-in-laws. Ew!)that this book literally hurt my heart and I could not read any further. We're supposed to believe that the most handsome man in town "suddenly" notices (and I mean suddenly, with very little storyline development) a short, fat, nondescript woman? Give me a break.

The Red Circle: My Life in the Navy SEAL Sniper Corps and How I Trained America's Deadliest Marksmen
by John David Mann
119 used & new from $1.76

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK FOR EVERYONE, June 9, 2012
Excellent book for anyone to read no matter your generation, political affiliation, sex and/or ethnicity.
I am not a history buff, military person, nor am I interested in guns and/or shooting them.
I count myself as the least likely person to read this book but did and loved every page.
The Red Circle is a fascinating, well written book.
In the few days it took to read it, I could scarcely put it down.