Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Likes to eat Pi > Reviews

Browse

Likes to eat Pi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 255

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Likes to eat Pi RSS Feed (Philadelphia PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OXA® 7800mAh Juice Box S1 Mobile Devices Battery Pack with Grade A cell Microchips and Dual USB Outputs for iPhone, iPad, iPod; Samsung Galaxy, Note; Nexus; HTC; Motorola. Portable External Power Pack, Light Weight Battery Backup (Compatible for more devices with your original cable)

5.0 out of 5 stars don't leave home without it, March 27, 2014
It seems like more and more devices are using USB as their primary power source these days. I found this battery very useful. It can charge two devices at once, one at 2 amps (for your phone), and one at 1 amp (for your jealous friend). I haven't really needed the flashlight part yet, but I've been doing a lot of travel lately with my phone being my GPS, music player, something to do on flights, and primary computer, all of which chew through battery life. Getting a few charges per day with the help of this battery has made it s worthwhile device.

Disney/Pixar Cars Action Shifters Flo's V8 Cafe Dragstrip Playset
Disney/Pixar Cars Action Shifters Flo's V8 Cafe Dragstrip Playset
Offered by Matty's Toy Stop
Price: $22.95
23 used & new from $18.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, and many other toy cars will fit in the track, March 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've gotten a lot of kids toys (especially those in the car & track category) that have too many bells and whistles, and inevitably some crucial feature doesn't work. This is an exception to that rule. The launcher works, my six year old can operate it herself, and the flag drop at the end works almost every time. (As the first car gets to the end it hits a sensor which causes the checkered flag to come down on the winner's side, and a cactus to fall over into the other lane becoming a barrier which the losing car will run into).

Now this toy does suffer from what I consider to be one of the most annoying marketing features of many kids toys in that it only comes with one car when two are clearly needed for racing. The manufacturer clearly wants you to buy more sets. However we discovered that most of the matchbook car sized cars we had lying around actually worked just fine. The lighter one travel faster, and since the Lightning McQueen car that comes with the set is very light he usually beats out the other heavier stand-ins, but that's just the way it should be according to my kids, so it all works out.

OXA 2600mAh Portable Mini Stylish External Battery Power Bank with Key Chain for iPhone, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, HTC, LG, Sony and other electronic devices(Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars competent backup battery source, March 3, 2014
This is a small battery that charges via USB, and has a second USB port that can be used to charge any USB device you might have. It also comes with a cable with various adapters (mini USB, USB-A, USB-B, iPhone, etc.), so it can charge anything you might have. If you have a device which uses some other (perhaps proprietary) interface, it will work as long as it comes with it's own USB cable.

A 2600 mAh battery is about enough to charge most cell phones fully from 0% to 100%. The device is very small. It fits in a pocket, and while it may be a little bulky to sit in a pants pocket comfortably, I've been keeping it in the pocket of my winter coat (since winter just won't seem to end anyway), and I don't even notice it's there. It's great to have around for late nights when I found myself out and about with a dying battery. I also keep it charged to use as a backup charger in case of power outage. It has a keychain attachment, but frankly it just seems to big to keep on a keychain. The only thing I don't like about it is that there's no charge indicator on it to let me know how much charge it has.

Perfect Fitness Rip Deck System
Perfect Fitness Rip Deck System
Offered by Express Source
Price: $28.36
12 used & new from $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good system, fairly versatile, March 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the variety of things I can do with the rip deck. First of all take a look at the guide on their website, which for some reason didn't come in the box:
[...]
You can do pushups and pushups with rotation (like the perfect push up), as well as fly, which are all the basic things you'd expect. Where I really got a lot of unexpected benefit though was doing mountain climbers. (That's where you get on all fours and move your legs in towards your core alternating legs). I do them a lot, but by putting my foot on a sliding pad so I couldn't push off the ground I really felt it in my abs a lot more than usual. The only thing I don't like about this product is that separating and putting it back together to move from one exercise to another is a little slow, so if you're doing HIIT (high intensity interval training), this is not a great choice because it takes too much time to move from one setup to another.

Moen T3692 Voss Moentrol Shower Only Faucet Chrome
Moen T3692 Voss Moentrol Shower Only Faucet Chrome
Offered by Faucet-Warehouse
Price: $102.10
12 used & new from $100.59

5.0 out of 5 stars great rainshower showerhead, March 2, 2014
I love this showerhead. It's big and covers a large area. It's really the way a rainshower showerhead should be - lots of water coming down and covering a large area. Definitely the best showerhead I've ever used. It's wall mounted so you don't have to run pipes up to the ceiling, and the head pivots so you can aim it where you need.

NutraBio 100% Micellar Casein - 2 Pounds Unflavored
NutraBio 100% Micellar Casein - 2 Pounds Unflavored
Offered by NATURE'S-HEALTH
Price: $35.32
3 used & new from $35.32

5.0 out of 5 stars no carbs - hooray, March 2, 2014
Far too many protein powders and drinks have sugar or some sort of sweetener (dextrose, fructose, etc.) in them to make them taste better. I was thrilled to find one that was just protein, with no sugar or other carbs added for flavor. It's true that with no flavoring it tastes like nothing. The best metaphor I can think of is to soak rice in a pot of cold water and then drink the water - that's what this tastes like - basically just flavorless poweder. However if you're looking for just protein with no sugar this is great. (You can also dilute it with more water to make the taste weaker).

Darice 9169-03 Wood Race Car Model Kit
Darice 9169-03 Wood Race Car Model Kit
Price: $2.49
15 used & new from $2.37

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, March 2, 2014
I ordered 15 of these for a kids birthday party. Since I don't trust kids with hammers when I can't supervise them properly I opened all the kits the night before to attach the wheels, and I let them do the decorating and glue on the accessories at the party. Of the 60 wheels I hammered in, not a single one had the hole through the wheel drilled straight. Not. a. single. one. That means the cars have a hard time moving because the wheels aren't perpendicular to the car, and won't be parallel to each other. Additionally, 3 of the sets were missing pieces (the spoiler that goes on top). They're also very rough - a lot of the cars had rough edges or gave off splinters. Frankly these are cheap pieces of junk. I got these cause they were the least expensive I could find. Spend a little more and get something else.

Wilson Jones Ultra Duty D-Ring View Binder with Extra Durable Hinge, 1.5 Inch, Customizable, White (W86660)
Price: $13.99
8 used & new from $11.20

5.0 out of 5 stars tough binder, February 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I filled this binder almost immediately and have been using it regularly for about a month now. Some other binders I've used would start to have the rings not close correctly at this point, or show other signs of wear. This one works great - it still opens and closes cleanly and accurately. The blue tabs to open the rings do work and they require a lot less pressure than the traditional pulling on the rings themselves method or the metal tabs at the end. Definitely an improvement.

Lexar JumpDrive S23 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive LJDS23-32GASBNA (Green)
Lexar JumpDrive S23 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive LJDS23-32GASBNA (Green)
Offered by Sunrise Nanotech
Price: $14.95
3 used & new from $14.89

4.0 out of 5 stars speed test results, February 27, 2014
First the speed:
Using a USB 3.0 port I got about 80 MB/sec read speed, and 30 MB/sec write. The read speed is fairly good compared to most other brand's read speeds. The write speed is definitely on the slow end though. You can see some comparison rates here: [...]

On a USB 2.0 port the speeds were obviously much slower - 30 MB read and 20 MB write. (Although if you only have USB 2.0 available you should probably save some money and buy a USB 2.0 drive).

The drive is also fairly small and light. I use a lot of USB sticks and this is definitely one of the lighter ones. It also has the retractable tip which I like because otherwise I keep losing USB caps.
Comment Comment | Permalink

VCT VP114 Universal Outlet Plug Adapter for Israel, Travel Adapter
VCT VP114 Universal Outlet Plug Adapter for Israel, Travel Adapter
Price: $7.52
2 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars worked for me, December 9, 2013
I used one of these in Israel for my American appliances (laptop, shaver, phone, etc.) for about a year and it worked fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20