Profile for Treiz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Treiz "Peon" RSS Feed (Houston)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Microsoft Band Screen Protector Anti-Bubble Ultra HD - Extreme Clarity & Touch Responsive Shield with Lifetime Free Replacements - Retail Packaging
Offered by New Tech Accessories
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, March 20, 2015
My Band came with a zagg shield and when it came time to replace it they had nothing to offer.

I picked up this ArmorSuit as a replacement and after I installed it I am completely satisfied. The ArmorSuit actually provides more coverage than my previous zagg as well. I much prefer the wet install screen protectors having used zaggs in the past and I'm so happy to see a high quality and high value competitor enter the market. I have already ordered another ArmorSuit for my Surface, and will be getting one for my Nokia 1520 when that shield needs replacing.

Young Justice: Invasion (Season 2) [Blu-ray]
Young Justice: Invasion (Season 2) [Blu-ray]
Price: $23.19
16 used & new from $19.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent show finally on disc, February 11, 2015
Excellent show that I'm glad to finally have on disc. It's such a heart breaker watching this as it was so good and a real let down that it was cancelled. Still, it's better to have what we have than nothing. I hold out hope that we will see more of the same from DC in their future animated work, and heaven forbid, their live action efforts as well.

Legend of Korra: Book Four: Balance [Blu-ray]
Legend of Korra: Book Four: Balance [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ J.K. Simmons
Price: $22.96
26 used & new from $17.51

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing end best skipped., January 3, 2015
If you were a fan of Avatar the Last Air Bender, Korra has never quite lived up to it. The first 3 seasons were good to passable, never great, and the fourth season just went right off the rails. I picked up the first three books of Korra, but I'm planning on passing on this last one. It's just one long downer and bore, bereft of any of the things that made the Last Airbender great, and with an ending that just disappointed beyond belief. Not even Verric could save this one, do yourself a favor and pass.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2015 1:22 PM PST

Capital in the Twenty-First Century
Capital in the Twenty-First Century
by Thomas Piketty
Price: $27.22
157 used & new from $20.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Willfully deceptive, predicated on bad analysis, May 19, 2014
I borrowed a copy of this propaganda piece based on the hype, which after seeing several minor and major mistakes only two hours into the read, seems to be completely misplaced. I looked up some in depth reviews, more refutations than reviews, actually, and confirmed that finishing the read is a waste of time. The book contains no new ideas, and is entirely predicated on notions of economics that were disproved decades ago.

I won't waste any more of my time on it, and neither should you. If you want there are plenty of highly detailed refutations available on the net that are more worth looking at than this highly politicized comments section.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2015 12:05 AM PST

Ella Enchanted [Blu-ray]
Ella Enchanted [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Anne Hathaway
Price: $9.12
29 used & new from $4.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie that should be more well known (minor spoilers), December 17, 2013
This review is from: Ella Enchanted [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I had a friend tell me about this movie a while ago, I had never heard of it, which is a shame because I really enjoyed it when I got around to checking it out. I don't know how this one got past me considering it has an excellent cast and a really fun theme.

Ella Enchanted is a modernized Fantasy mash-up with plenty of fun, song, and some interesting re-imaginings of classic fantasy tropes, characters, and relationships. Think Princess Diaries set in a Fantastic setting. This movie has a lot of fun with modern themes by realizing them in the fantasy setting, such as an open air mall with working wooden escalators. It also uses the fantasy setting as a lens to provide some minor social and political commentary, but more for fun than to preach. It's a quirky story with lots of unexpected twists on character types that when combined yield unusual and unexpected resolutions to classic problems. It's a fun and different fantasy tale well worth checking out.

Niteize Clip Case Sideways Extra Large - Retail Packaging - Black
Niteize Clip Case Sideways Extra Large - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $11.31
29 used & new from $8.82

5.0 out of 5 stars best belt pouch on the market, bar none!!! 2 years no problems, December 10, 2013
I have used these for over two years with out issue. After two years, I had to retire my previous Nite Ize Clip Case Large because my new phone was too big to fit. I have never had to retire a belt pouch before, with out fail they would break or wear out after a short time. Naturally, I have upgraded to this Clip Case XL for my new Nokia Lumia 1520 which fits in it perfectly. I expect to get everybit as much use and reliability out of my new case, and can not recommend it highly enough.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2014 3:30 PM PDT

Nite Ize Clip Case Sideways - Retail Packaging - Black
Nite Ize Clip Case Sideways - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $10.82
63 used & new from $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars clear winner, November 6, 2013
This has been BY FAR the best cellular accessory purchase I have ever made. I have been using this same case for years now, with out issue. Not only has it held up admirably where so many others have disappointed, it has never failed to retain my phone during snags and other issues. I used to go through these pouches on almost a monthly basis. This Nite Ize case has not only held up, it has remained presentable, even the Velcro hasn't worn out yet despite dozens of open/close actions daily since I bought it. I am impressed to say the least, and pleased. I find myself in an unusual position now having to have to finally retire this case through no fault of its own in favor of the larger version to be able to fit my new phone. This is the pouch that you have been looking for.

Bluecell Micro USB OTG (On-the-go) USB 2.0 Cable for Cellphone/Tablet (Black color) Pack of 3
Offered by FishingForDeals
Price: $2.11
35 used & new from $0.17

5.0 out of 5 stars good, November 6, 2013
they worked fine, no problems. I used them with my Dell Venue 8 Pro to connect all manner of USB devices.

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II - The Battle for Doldrey (BD) [Blu-ray]
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II - The Battle for Doldrey (BD) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Various
Price: $18.47
27 used & new from $13.58

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, November 6, 2013
Being a long time fan of this property I was concerned with yet another adaptation of this epic series. I must say that these movies have thus far managed to stay faithful and present a good movie with out having to cut too much of the content. The cast is great and the animation in this volume is much improved. Looking forward to the next.

Patlabor TV Collection 2 [Blu-ray]
Patlabor TV Collection 2 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Patlabor TV
Price: $34.99
16 used & new from $34.38

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it, November 6, 2013
This is the second part of the famed show that brought giant robots, cops, and slice of life comedy together in a way that ends up being a real treat. This collection sees the old show remastered in HD and released on bluray for the first time states side. This one is a must for fans, for anime enthusiasts, and anyone interested in a fun robotics themed semi-hard scifi cop comedy. It is an unusual brew, but a good one. The dub is not one of the best though it does grow on you if you stick with it, but otherwise you can watch the subs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4