Profile for kminko > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kminko RSS Feed (ohio)

Casio Men's MQ24-1E Black Resin Watch
Casio Men's MQ24-1E Black Resin Watch
Offered by Watchtronics
Price: $10.95
13 used & new from $9.46

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice thin, lightweight watch . . . ., November 12, 2013
Just what I wanted it to be; very thin and lightweight. band is also thin and very flexible. Only drawback is the clear "crystal" piece. It's not glass and it will get scratched easier than glass, but for a $10 watch I can't complain.

Taylor 9842 Commercial Waterproof Digital Thermometer
Taylor 9842 Commercial Waterproof Digital Thermometer
Price: $12.55
48 used & new from $7.32

5.0 out of 5 stars works fine, November 12, 2013
No problems with this item so far. gives quick temp reading, easy to read display, has a somewhat pointed tip to help go into small openings

Remington SP290 Replacement Screen and Blades for Series 4 Foil Shavers
Remington SP290 Replacement Screen and Blades for Series 4 Foil Shavers
Price: $13.98
37 used & new from $10.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what they're supposed to be . . ., November 12, 2013
the cutters and screen are just what they are supposed to be, new replacements that fit correctly. And new cutters give a much smoother, quicker shave if your old ones have become dulled.

Columbia Men's Watertight Packable Rain Jacket
Columbia Men's Watertight Packable Rain Jacket
Price: $35.98 - $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars consider size when ordering . . ., July 7, 2011
I just rec'd the jacket yesterday and haven't worn it in the rain yet, but based on the prior reviews I don't expect to be disappointed in it's rain protection. the one thing I would advise is to consider size when ordering. I'm about 5'11", 140 lbs, and normally wear shirts and jackets labeled "medium" in most brands, but ordered this in a small after reading a prior review, and I'm glad I did. It is a great fit; not too tight, not too baggy, sleeve length just right. A medium would would be baggy on me. You can check Columbia's website for a sizing chart which shows the relevant measurements for their clothing sizes small/medium/large, etc.

other pluses: the side pockets are in just the right place and have a large enough opening(some pockets aren't and don't). it has both a zipper and snaps on the front, a nice feature. The length is about 6" below he waist, and the hood has a bill that extends several inches out beyond the face, which helps keep the rain off your glasses. adjustable size cuffs, light weight and compactable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2012 9:49 AM PDT

Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death
Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death
by Gary Renard
111 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful follow up to DU...., May 31, 2007
If you liked DU and all it says and what it ponts to, as I did, then I suspect you'll really appreciate Your Immortal reality(YIR) which I certainly have. The teachings of ACIM are as direct and uncompromising a use of concepts to go beyond all concepts as I have ever read, and at times when reading it I have felt a profound, inexpressable sense of gratitude for what it is remindeing me of. That is the value this book can have for those that are ready to hear what it is offering, and the reveiws here show that many are reday to hear it.

YIR is, in many ways, a reveiw of DU, but as arten and pursah say in the book, reveiw and repetition is necessary to really get the principles deep down into the unconsciuoness where they must be in order to really apply the course and experience the peace the course promises. And YIR gives this repetition in a way that is as enjoyable to read as it was in DU.

So with that said, I really enjoyed getting the same message again in anew version, combined with garys jokes and comments, and his narration of his experience of applying the course and his resulting experiences. Like DU, this book has so many priceless reminders that heaven is already our reality, and that the secret to experiencing peace is simple to say but easy to forget to apply when it hits the fan, but we are always invited to "choose once again" as ACIM says.

There is one prophecy about the future given by arten/pursah that I have not been able to forget, and it has deeply reminded me how important it is to develop the habit of real forgiveness deeper and deeper because some of what is going to appear in our future is going to make such an attitude necessary for getting through it.
A great book I'd say, worth every penny, and one I'll re-read many times I expect.

Collision with the Infinite: A Life Beyond the Personal Self
Collision with the Infinite: A Life Beyond the Personal Self
by Suzanne Segal
24 used & new from $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful story..., February 23, 2007
Highly recommend this book to those with an interest in advaita/non-duality.

her story resonated with some "knowing" somewhere deep in me, and maybe it will for others, too. And to paraphrase what Susan Segal says: remember that these descriptions, no matter how perfect they may seem, can't even begin to describe the incomprehensable "reality" that they try to point to. words can never say what "it" is, only what "it" is not. There is an inherent futility, it seems, in writing a book about something that cannot be known, undestood, or comprehended in any relation to anything we have previously experienced, no matter how subtle and clever we imagine ourselves. She mentions this paradox near the end, but it's easy to forget(for me anyway). It's also easy to forget, as in other reviewers' questioning of why she didn't do this or understand that sooner than she did, that it "happened" for her the way it "happened" and could not have been any other way. I thought it odd she didn't really stress that understanding(or I missed it if she did). So maybe all any book like this can do is resonate with some deep "knowing" that is beyond the grasp of even our most subtle, sublime imagination. It seems to have been that for me, maybe it will be for others.

Since I've found conventional psychotherapy so frustrating, I also appreciated her explanation of how the mental health field cannot really deal with this awakening since it lies outside of any concept of personal experience. It's a paradox that won't go away.