Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Rebekah Ruth > Reviews

Browse

Rebekah Ruth's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebekah Ruth "RebekahRuth" RSS Feed (Buffalo, NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Out of Sorts: Making Peace with an Evolving Faith
Out of Sorts: Making Peace with an Evolving Faith
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A written hug..., February 3, 2016
I don't even know where to begin. This book was exactly what I needed to read, exactly when I needed to read it. If you've ever felt out of sorts with your faith, Sarah will give you that reassuring pat on the back that you're not alone and that the journey is not over. I literally cry-laughed through the majority of the last chapter. Thank you Sarah Bessey for your honesty, your gentleness and your beautifully written words.

The Painter's Daughter
The Painter's Daughter
Price: $8.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you guessing!, November 30, 2015
I am a huge Julie Klassen fan. I think there is only one book of hers I haven't read. So when I saw she had a new book coming out I was thrilled! I felt like this one took me a little longer than normal to get into. I'm not sure why. I just felt a little distanced for a bit. But I trust Klassen's writing and I know she will always deliver a great story so I kept reading and before long, I didn't want to stop. I love that she kept the reader guessing for most of the book. This is one of those books that the story could have gone one of two ways and until the last quarter of the book, I wasn't even sure which way I wanted it to go! Well done. Another fun read from Julie Klassen. If you haven't read her other books...make sure you do! She's a wonderful writer.

Softer Than Steel (A Love & Steel Novel)
Softer Than Steel (A Love & Steel Novel)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me want to take up yoga!, November 30, 2015
As usual, Jessica Topper draws the reader into the rock star world with ease. I've read her other books and I'm always excited to hear when she has a new one out. I read this in just a few days and didn't like having to put it down to do things like...you know...eat, sleep, etc. I loved the story and the twists and turns and more than any of that, this book desperately made me want to take up yoga!! If you love a good rock star love story, you won't be disappointed!

Mistress of Mellyn
Mistress of Mellyn
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting mystery, October 24, 2015
It took me a while to get into the story. Something about the POV or the initial start up of the story was frustrating to me. But I eventually settled into the feel of the book and wound up really enjoying it. Very interesting twists and turns.

Solilor Womens Stars & Stripes American Flag Tank Top Shirts, M
Solilor Womens Stars & Stripes American Flag Tank Top Shirts, M

2.0 out of 5 stars Runs very small and odd fitting, July 3, 2015
This was way too small. Fit like a crop top. Really disappointing.

FourCatz Womens One Piece Boyleg Swimsuit/Swimwear Monokini Medium Navy Blue with Small Polka

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Suit!, July 3, 2015
My 20 yr old daughter bought this. She says it's great.

The Hesitant Heiress (The Everstone Chronicles Book 1)
The Hesitant Heiress (The Everstone Chronicles Book 1)
Price: $3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty and fun!, January 11, 2015
I seem to have been on a Regency Romance kick lately and I've found some gems as I've indulged my current obsession. The Everstone Chronicles are among the top of the list of my new favorites. Dawn Crandall has a way of pulling you right into the hearts of her characters so you feel what they feel and you can't help but root for them.
In the Hesitant Heiress, she created a family and group of friends that felt real and I enjoyed my time with them immensely. (So much that I immediately bought and read book two..and can't wait for more!)
If you like inspirational period novels with witty dialogue and heart-fluttering romance, you will love The Hesitant Heiress. Thank you, Ms. Crandall, for several enjoyable hours of entertainment over the holidays!

Edenbrooke: A Proper Romance
Edenbrooke: A Proper Romance
Price: $9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I've read it twice now...(update...make that four times!), November 5, 2014
Every once in a while a book comes along that just makes you smile and sigh. This is one of those books.

It held my attention from the first to the last page and I had to go back and read it a second time just to soak up the delicious interactions between Philip and Marianne.

The creative set up and flirtatious dialogue make this a new favorite. If you like a good regency romance, you will LOVE this one.

Update: I still keep coming back to this book when I just want to know I'm going to read a good story. The dialogue is fabulous and the love letter writing scene...my heart beats out of my chest. So good!!

Locker 572
Locker 572

5.0 out of 5 stars If you know a middle-schooler or teenager...read this book!, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Locker 572 (Kindle Edition)
A friend gave me this book and I devoured it in a matter of hours. I LOVE the writing style of the author. I think anyone who has a middle-schooler or teenager should read this book and then give it to their teens to read. While the abuse suffered by one of the characters, at the hands of school bullies, may seem extreme to some, it is a reality to others and can't be taken lightly. This book gives great insight into the world of the bullies and the bullied. It's expertly written and full of characters that feel very real. I want MIss Shirley to adopt me. :)

When We Were on Fire: A Memoir of Consuming Faith, Tangled Love, and Starting Over
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading this felt like looking in a mirror, January 18, 2014
The more Addie Zierman described her teen years in the evangelical world, the more I was amazed at how much we had in common...even the same kinds of thoughts. So, it's no wonder I would love this book when I have been in a place, lately, of asking some of the same kinds of questions Ms. Zierman does. She lays out her story with heart, humor and a transparent vulnerability that makes you want to step into her teen years and protect her from the damaging relationships she found herself in.

If you grew up in the 80's or 90's, listened to DC talk, had a promise ring, kissed dating goodbye and prayed at the flagpole...read this book. I imagine you'll find your story woven in the threads of hers. Her desire to please God, her stumbling, questioning, falling and returning to what's really important. To Addie Zierman, I say, thank you for your transparent, real, liberating message.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3