Profile for Jacob W. Carlson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jacob W. Carlson "Jacob W. Carlson" RSS Feed (Clinton, IA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Broan QTR110 110 CFM Ultra Silent Bath Fan
Broan QTR110 110 CFM Ultra Silent Bath Fan
Price: $103.82
37 used & new from $51.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, quiet fan, but not meant to install in an existing house!, April 24, 2013
This would be five stars all the way, but this fan is NOT meant to be installed in a bathroom that already has a ceiling. It's meant for a new construction so beware.

That said, my brother and I installed the fan in my bathroom without much of a hassle. The fan housing has two tabs that stick out quite a bit from the square form and you have to cut those into the ceiling to get the fan up into the ceiling. I also had to cut about a half inch additional out to get the fan outlet through the roof. It isn't a huge deal as the generously sized fan grill covers about 90% of the extra cutting you have to do. (See picture I uploaded)

The fan is not silent, but it is very very quiet. You'll find yourself forgetting to turn it off because you don't hear it.

4' x 100' Dry Top Green Multi Purpose/Garden Fencing item #714104
4' x 100' Dry Top Green Multi Purpose/Garden Fencing item #714104
Price: $34.28
2 used & new from $31.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as flimsy as reviews indicated., December 20, 2012
I am using this as a temporary fence in our back yard to keep our beagle in and also allow him some room to roam. While the horizontal portions of the fence are easy to cut, I did not rip the fence at all even when stretching it pretty hard and using zip-ties to hold it to fence posts. Heavy duty, probably not, but it isn't like paper as some reviewers seem to have described. The vertical members of the fence are plenty strong for what I needed. I put up the fence in about a half hour in the dark, looks great after a night of rain/snow/wind. If it starts falling apart I will come back and edit the review, but as of now all is good.

Monster Hunter Tri - Standard
Monster Hunter Tri - Standard
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $15.98
78 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Repeat, Repeat, Repeat..., December 5, 2012
OK game, was fun for a bit but became far too boring after doing the same thing 100 times. I didn't stick with it for a terribly long time, but it didn't seem like it was going to change much.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2012 1:14 PM PST

Sh*t My Dad Says
Sh*t My Dad Says
by Justin Halpern
Price: $12.36
601 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining!, December 5, 2012
This review is from: Sh*t My Dad Says (Hardcover)
Well, the author's dad might not have much compared to my own father, but I suspect many of us feel that way. It is an entertaining book, and a fast read. My family enjoyed it as well.

Dollhouse: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
Dollhouse: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Eliza Dushku
Price: $23.48
49 used & new from $13.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, December 5, 2012
Physically the product "is what it is". No issues with discs or packaging. The quality of Dollhouse on BRD is some of the best vs. other TV series on BRD at least in my experience. It just seems a bit cleaner than most. The series has a great storyline/premise (I'm sure someone copied it from someone or other such knock against it), but we throughly enjoyed it!

Dollhouse: Season 1 [Blu-ray]

DVD ~ Anna Torv
Price: $18.99
90 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very much enjoyable!, December 5, 2012
Physically the product "is what it is". No issues with discs or packaging. The quality of Fringe of BRD is some of the best vs. other TV series on BRD at least in my experience. It just seems a bit cleaner than most. We love the series as well, especially the first two seasons when the storyline/plot was a bit more fresh.

Mediabridge ULTRA Series Digital Audio/Video Coaxial Cable (6 Feet) - Dual Shielded with RCA to RCA Gold-Plated Connectors - Black
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, December 5, 2012
I use this to "pull" the sound from the cable box to my home theater so I can listen to TV shows (football games mostly) on my speaker system. It works great! The cable I got was/is bright orange vs. the black cable pictured. I don't care but I'm sure someone might.

The Walking Dead: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
The Walking Dead: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Andrew Lincoln
Offered by American_Standard
Price: $19.99
135 used & new from $5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars First season is a smash hit!, December 5, 2012
I bought this really without having heard too much about it. My wife and I love it, we got my parents and her parents hooked as well. Physically this product is what it is, just make sure you know that there are only six episodes in the first season.

Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable
Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable
Offered by Global-Sourcing
Price: $12.50
13 used & new from $2.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Works., December 5, 2012
It doesn't cook breakfast, but it does what it needs to do. I used it to move some game files back and forth and to update rosters (I don't have live).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5