Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Dolly Caswell > Reviews

Browse

Dolly Caswell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dolly Caswell "Dolly Caswell" RSS Feed (Eagle River, Alaska, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Free to Trade: A gripping financial thriller
Free to Trade: A gripping financial thriller
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Seldom are their stories written about stock market traders that aren't heavily technical and quite boring to anyone who's never, April 22, 2015
Well written and quite accurate regarding stock markets, bond market, the type of trading that happens in New York. I was surprised that he could actually develop a novel out of such a specific background. Seldom are their stories written about stock market traders that aren't heavily technical and quite boring to anyone who's never been in the business. It's a very interesting read give it a try.

Applique Outside the Lines with Piece O'Cake Designs: No Rules-No Ruler
Applique Outside the Lines with Piece O'Cake Designs: No Rules-No Ruler
by Becky Goldsmith
55 used & new from $13.51

5.0 out of 5 stars I read this all the time for inspiration and the sheer joy of the pictures., September 3, 2013
This is a gloriously gorgeous book on applique. I've carried it around the world on trips to entertain and encourage myself that I can do this too. The author has actually helped me understand that I must just leap out there, grab that piece of fabric, pick up my scissors, start cutting and gluing and sewing and enjoy the whole thing! Yes, yes, yes, I would recommend this to anyone with the slightest interest in applique. This will set you on fire!

Fabled Flowers: Innovative Quilt Patterns Inspired by Japanese Sashiko and Origami Traditions
by Kumiko Sudo
112 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideas for making flowers I would never have thought of., September 3, 2013
Her techniques are absolutely stunning. Now I just have to gather the courage to try to do some of what she has illustrated. Her patterns are easily read and if you follow the directions, are really very simple - just be accurate and enjoy the process. The beauty of what she has created out of folded fabric is amazing, and how nice of her to put it in a book and share with the rest of us.

Adventures with Leaders & Enders: Make More Quilts in Less Time!
Adventures with Leaders & Enders: Make More Quilts in Less Time!
by Bonnie K. Hunter
Price: $19.34
39 used & new from $14.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonnie Hunter is the thrifty quilting queen., September 3, 2013
As always, Bonnie's use of scraps and recycled clothing make beautiful quilts and other projects. She is, I'm sure, the queen of quilting thrift. Her use of recycled clothing inspires me to do more of that. I like the way she writes, her patterns are great, easily understood and yes, I would recommend this to others.

Chic Bags: 22 Handbags, Purses, Totes, and Accessories to Make
Chic Bags: 22 Handbags, Purses, Totes, and Accessories to Make
by Marie Enderlen-Debuisson
79 used & new from $2.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Great variety of unique bags!, September 3, 2013
I was quite pleased when I finally got this book. I make a lot of handbags and have come to the realization that most patterns are the same thing with very little difference. This book has some really great, very modern and appealing ideas.

African Friends and Money Matters: Observations from Africa (Publications in Ethnography, Vol. 37)
by David E. Maranz
Price: $24.95
40 used & new from $8.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading for a visit to Africa, November 7, 2011
I've decided this author must be a Christian missionary or at the very least one who works in Africa for charitable reasons and whose heart is truly to help the people, however, he does not preach here. In this one book he has explained the HUGE difference in cultures between Africa and "the West". I've had opportunity to live and work in other parts of the world, but not yet in Africa. NOW I know just what I will be in for, should I go there. Very well written, with no bias, but fair and reasonable comparisons for how business is done in Africa and then in "the West". Read it, you will be fairly warned and completely prepared for real life there. I am still stunned......This should be required reading for anyone going to Africa for any length of time, no matter the reason, it will open your eyes like you can't believe.

The Smart Approach to® Home Decorating, 3rd Edition
The Smart Approach to® Home Decorating, 3rd Edition
by Editors of Creative Homeowner
70 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful decorating ideas and photos, October 7, 2009
I've read and re-read this several times. Great ideas and beautiful photos. Sometimes it's just something in the corner of one of their pictures, but it gave me an idea for my home. It's so much fun making things beautiful!

Beyond the Block
Beyond the Block
by Linda K. Johnson
23 used & new from $59.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Creativity......here we go!!!, October 7, 2009
This review is from: Beyond the Block (Paperback)
This is a marvelous book for anyone who loves a "puzzle". Gave me great ideas for those blocks that don't quite fit. They put outrageous stuff together and it looks fabulous. I love stuff that's out of the ordinary, and this certainly is. I've added my personal ideas and touches, but thank the author for inspiring me to "climb out of the plain old quilt block box" and move on to greater quilting endeavors!!

Solid Wood Pole Bracket 2/set [CAPITOL CITY LUMBER]
Solid Wood Pole Bracket 2/set [CAPITOL CITY LUMBER]
Offered by CAPITOL CITY LUMBER
Price: $9.98
2 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Capitol City has gorgeous wood products!, October 7, 2009
I've bought several drapery supply items from Capital City. Products are abolutely beautiful, top quality, packed well and shipped promptly. I'll buy from them again.

Capitol City Lumber Solid Wood Curtain and Drapery Rings