Profile for A. Rips > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Rips "Anechka" RSS Feed (Durham, NC)

The Summer Garden: A Novel (The Bronze Horseman Trilogy Book 3)
The Summer Garden: A Novel (The Bronze Horseman Trilogy Book 3)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, February 24, 2013
Couldn't put it down - the entire trilogy Beautiful well written love story that spans decades and continents. Absolutely a must read

Sesame Street Elmo Fleece Throw Blanket and Buddy Set
Sesame Street Elmo Fleece Throw Blanket and Buddy Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice blanket, October 17, 2012
This is a good product. My daughter uses it for naps in daycare. It's soft, and fairly thick. Thicker than the other similar product we bought. Worth the price.

Hello Kitty 1875 watt Hair Dryer
Hello Kitty 1875 watt Hair Dryer
Offered by CE Showroom
Price: $34.02
19 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, October 17, 2012
My daughter hated having her hair dried, so we bought her her very own hair dryer. She loves Hello Kitty, so she loves that it's got the Hello Kitty stuff all over it and that made her comfortable using this item. It works fine. We don't use it for any high end styles - just to get a toddler's hair dry before she goes to bed.

Disney Fairies Tinkerbelle Toddler Blanket - Flower Friends
Disney Fairies Tinkerbelle Toddler Blanket - Flower Friends

3.0 out of 5 stars A little thin, October 17, 2012
I bought this as a daycare nap blanket, and we're using it as a backup. It was really inexpensive, so I guess it's worth the price, but the quality leaves something to be desired. The blanket is very thin and doesn't feel as nice as another similar product (the Elmo one) that we got. So, ok for the price, but I probably wouldn't have bought it in the store.

The Blacksmith's Son (Mageborn Book 1)
The Blacksmith's Son (Mageborn Book 1)
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming, September 8, 2011
I did not even get through the free sample I downloaded. While the author seems to have a good story in mind and has learned the art of storytelling, unfortunately, the author has a writing style of a 10 year old. Short, simple sentences with one or two long words thrown in every paragraph or so - looks like the author used the thesaurus button in word too much. I have a fairly low threshold of acceptability for fantasy books as I do not generally read them for their authors' language skills (although obviously some are written by exceptional writers), but this author couldn't write his way out of a paperback. Unfortunately, the painfully bad writing ruins what may be a decent story.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2011 1:33 PM PDT

Philips Surround Sound White Earbuds - HE592 (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Philips Surround Sound White Earbuds - HE592 (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, March 9, 2006
Being a casual music listener, I find these really good. They fit my ears well, and I do listen at a lower volume with these than with the original iPod buds. I think they're comfortable, but that's probably not universal.

Good Owners, Great Dogs
Good Owners, Great Dogs
by Brian Kilcommons
Price: $12.11
303 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, March 9, 2006
Really useful for a first time dog owner. Full of great tips and product recommendations. Also, it's very humane, unlike some other books that suggest you don't give your puppy water at certain times, etc. Overall, I really recommend it.