Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Debra > Reviews

Browse

Debra's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Debra "Henski" RSS Feed (Heart of Dixie, USA)

L'Occitane Shea Butter Anti-Drying Lip Balm
L'Occitane Shea Butter Anti-Drying Lip Balm

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Disappointing, July 28, 2010
I agree with the previous reviewer - this product has the consistency of candle wax.
I love other L'Occitane products and was anxious to try the lip balm.

What I found is that it is definitely not worth $10 - or even $2.
The "balm" is as stiff and unforgiving as $.99 ChapStick. Not soothing and impossible to 'smooth' onto your lips.
Even Burt's Bees is creamier - and that isn't saying much.

So far I've had the best luck with a $3 tube of Nivea balm from Target.
Save yourself $7 and a lot of frustration.

Beautiful Lies (Ridley Jones, Book 1)
Beautiful Lies (Ridley Jones, Book 1)
by Lisa Unger
269 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Plus Stars, May 3, 2006
I didn't give this book five stars b/c if most readers are like me, they don't believe the five star reviews come from real people.

Having said that, this book was un-put-down-able. I read it at traffic lights. I read it at every meal. When I finally put it down at night, I dreamed about it.

Now, the DaVinci Code, it ain't - nothing could be. But not because the story isn't as good. This story is every bit as good as the god-book of all fiction. But because, at times, and not until the end, the first person gimmick of directing questions at the reader ("What do you think?") is a little off-putting. That aside, it is a really, very well-written story that sucks you in and makes you feel like you're standing on the sidewalk watching events unfold with your own eyes.

Yesterday I actually stopped people I know and told them, "You have GOT to read this book." That doesn't happen often.

If you enjoyed The Time Travelers Wife or Digital Fortress (or any of Dan Brown's "other" books), I guarantee you will love this book.

A comment to the publisher (clearly Lisa Unger had nothing to do with this): This book, physically, is very cheaply made. The paper is not of good quality and the binding is very loosey-goosey. I was very disappointed in the way it felt in my hands. I hope that as the book gains popularity and requires reprinting, you will take this into consideration.

America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction
America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction
by Jon Stewart
1026 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Is Educational Schtick an Oxymoron?, September 21, 2004
As a poltical science student I can tell you without hesitation that you will LEARN something by reading this book!

How much have you forgotten since 11th grade Civics class? More than you realize!

While you're busy wetting yourself laughing at the graphics, you will subconciously be relearning what were once boring and useless factoids of history. Don't be surprised if suddenly you realize,"Hey! Wait a minute! There ARE nine Supreme Court justices! I always forget that guy with the teen-tiny (...)." You won't forget him now!

WARNING: The (second) chapter on the media will have you contemplating spending the rest of your life with the Amish.