Profile for Rose > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rose RSS Feed

Logitech HD Portable 1080p Webcam C615 with Autofocus
Logitech HD Portable 1080p Webcam C615 with Autofocus
Price: $49.99
114 used & new from $34.19

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL WITH A MAC!, August 30, 2014
I would have given this a 5 star rating if I owned a Windows OS, however I use a MacBook Pro, which this product says it is compatable with.
This product will plug in and the webcam is functional, however most of the advertised features don't work, except autofocus. For instance, it advertises Face Tracking and Motion Sensor and these features don't work on a Mac.

The control panel doesn't even list any functions, except resolution, screen size, and audio on/off. You cannot turn autofocus off, adjust zoom, no face tracking, etc.

I called Logitech and was told it would work on a Mac and the rep would send me a working software. I received the software and it still did not work. Here is the correspondence between myself and Logitech(I started emailing after our phone call was disconnected):
-----------------------------------

From: English AMR Support Logitech <support-enu@logitech.com>
Subject: LWS for MAC - misleading packaging/advertising [Incident: 140829-001080]
Date: August 29, 2014 4:58:12 PM PDT
Reply-To: English AMR Support Logitech <support-enu@logitech.com>

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 48 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Response Via Email (John Caro) 08/28/2014 03:14 PM

Hi Rose,

Yes, the call got disconnected, unfortunately I'm not available to call you right now but here's the explanation why there are less option now on the new version of the Logitech Webcam software.

The majority of OSX video chat and capture programs can't or have a hard time taking full advantage of HD 720 and 1080 resolutions. Most are designed for 3:4 Standard-Definition snapshots or video at 320x240 or 640x480 VGA only.

Logitech's Mac software driver handles capturing clips at the 16:9 wide aspect ratio and HD modes far more intelligently. What it doesn't do: It lacks image adjustment controls - leaving all focus, color, brightness and white balance to Logitech's built-in camera hardware.

Basically it's all automatic now.

Sincerely

510-795-8500
7600 Gateway Blvd.
Newark, CA 94560 USA
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm PST

-----------------------------------------------------------

Customer By Email (Rose L.) 08/28/2014 03:56 PM

Why are you still advertising Face Tracking and Motion Control if it is not an option.

----------------------------------------------

Response Via Email (John Caro) 08/28/2014 05:02 PM

Hi Rose,

The box packaging is still the same. The Face Tracking and Motion Control is still working for Windows OS.

Sincerely

____________________________________

Customer By Email (Rose L.) 08/28/2014 07:41 PM
Hi JC,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I think you are missing my point. The box packaging says it will work on a Mac. It does not work on a Mac. Your packaging is, at best, misleading.
I strongly suggest you advise the appropriate dept. to correct this; either with changing the packaging/advertising to reflect that not all features work on a Mac. Or, revise your software so all advertised features work on a Mac.

If you can provide software (even 3rd party software) which will allow your product to fully function on a Mac OS, then please send me the file.

If I do not hear back from you with a workable solution to this issue within 48 hours, I will assume you have none and, will leave me with no alternative, but to take this up with Amazon Prime and to leave negative reviews on Amazon Prime regarding this product. I really don't want to do that, as I I like Logitech products, however I am extremely disappointed, as I did do research prior to purchase and nowhere does your C615 product say it is not fully functioning on a Mac with appropriate operating software.

Please advise.
-Rose

________________________________

Subject
LWS for MAC - misleading packaging/advertising

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (John Caro) 08/29/2014 04:58 PM
Hi Rose,

The Logitech Webcam Software is the only software that we have for that webcam for MAC. Though you can use other 3rd party MAC Apps from the Apple store, unfortunately we are not allowed to recommend any 3rd party softwares.

Your complaint with the packaging information will be reported to avoid future issues.

Thanks

Superga Women's 2750 Cotu Fashion Sneaker,White,42 EU/Womens 10.5, Mens 9 M US
Superga Women's 2750 Cotu Fashion Sneaker,White,42 EU/Womens 10.5, Mens 9 M US
Offered by Fusion Apparel
Price: $65.01
3 used & new from $64.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Style...Poor Quality for the price., August 16, 2014
While I love the style, I was expecting a better built shoe for the price. I have only worn these maybe 10 times and the rubber around the outsides is already separating from the canvas. I take very good care of my shoes, so this was unexpected. Again, style-wise they look great

Sturgeon Aviator Aluminum Polarized Sunglasses Spring Hinge w/ Free Pouch
Sturgeon Aviator Aluminum Polarized Sunglasses Spring Hinge w/ Free Pouch
Offered by Eyeology
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! These glasses are amazing at any price!, August 1, 2014
I was looking for a pair of aviators and looked at the Arnette Troopers, loved the style, but didn't want to spend $90. as I tend to abuse/lose my sunglasses. Stumbled on the Sturgeons, which look similar to the Arnettes, but at less than 1/4 of the price! And these are polarized, so great for the boat, Well, the reviews were good, so I figured what the heck, and ordered a pair in black/smoke.

WOW! These glasses look amazing, feel so light, and are clear and wonderful! No more squinting!
They look great on and I especially like that they are more squared at the bottom (as oposed to the tear drop shape) and don't hit my cheeks when I smile or make my face look droopy. The spring hinges are sturdy and a very nice feature.

I liked these SO much I purchased an additional 2 pairs (a back up in smoke and a silver)!

The seller shipped very quickly via Amazon Prime and were packaged well.

I highly recommend these glasses and the seller!

Update: 8-26-14 I LOVE THESE GLASSES! I have dropped these glasses at least 6 times on asphalt, concrete, etc (including Home Depot parking lot), all times landing flat on the lenses and NOT ONE SCRATCH any time! :) The lense even popped out in the Home Depot parking lot, bounced about 2 feet, and still no scratches (The lense popped back in very easily)! I am a happy puchaser. I drop my glasses all the time, which is the reason I purchased these less expense glasses. Highly Recommend these glasses:)

Bear Motion ® Premium 100% Genuine Lambskin Leather Folio Case for Smart Phone (Galaxy Note 3, Black)
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $11.49
3 used & new from $10.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Quality for the Price... It looks just like the photos:), November 16, 2013
Very nice quality leather...worth every penny of the $14. dollars. I buy a lot of Coach leather products, and while this Bear Motion leather is not totally on par, looks and feels especially nice for such a low price. I have had this since early Oct and have dropped the phone/case 3 times with no damage to the case or the phone, so am very happy:)

Leather or black finish shows no signs of wear after over a month's constant use. Galaxy Note 3 fits perfect in the clip. There are places for credit cards, however I don't use them for fear of scratching glass, but one would have plenty of room should they choose to do so.

This has a snap closure, so no magnet to interfere with phone performance. Snap is good quality and snaps securely. No problem hearing rings, etc, when case is closed.

I am extremely happy with this purchase and have nothing negative to say about this product whatsoever, which is quite something for so inexpensive a leather product.

I will order another, possibly in other colors:)

Western Digital My Book for Mac 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book for Mac 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
8 used & new from $104.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Heads up if you are using an older MacBook and want to power directly from USB port, August 3, 2012
Received this last week and was able to use it straight from the box...Very Plug and Play. Clean looking unit. 2T is fantastic!
Only gripe is it is not able to power directly from USB port on my 2006 MacBook 2,1. The description says, "USB 2.0 interface - Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed*.* An optional cable is available for the few computers that limit power from the USB port.". This is not the case with my Mac and I do need to use the power adapter, so I am a bit disappointed. Still worth the price for the 2T and ease of use, however.

UPDATE!!!! 9/3/12 HARD DISK STOPPED SPINNING IN LESS THAN 30 DAYS!!!I no longer recommend this product. I am so disappointed, as I had used this disk as a transfer disk when I purchased a new MacBook Pro, so I transfer ALL 82 G's of personal data from my old Macbook onto this drive as a back up before I transferred to new computer. I only powered this unit up 3 TIMES in less than a month and it broke. It is a physical problem with the drive, not a disk issue, so I was left having to make the decision to return a broken hard drive with ALL OF MY PERSONAL DATA ON IT back to Amazon. Fortunately, I purchased this through Amazon Prime, so Amazon was gracious enough to issue a refund without me having to return the broken disk with all of my sensitive data on it. Thanks Amazon! :) That's why I continue to shop here:)

Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)
7 used & new from $60.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Mac Compatible......, March 24, 2012
Sooooooo, after ordering an LG burner for my Mac two weeks ago, which stopped working after 12 dvds, and returning the unit for a refund, I purchased this unit as a replacement. I typed in the Amazon search, "Lightscribe external dvd burner for Mac", and it came up with this Lite-on unit, as well as the LG 24x I just returned. No where (that I saw) does it say it doesn't work with a Mac.

I presumed, because it came up in the search, as well as a google search under Mac compatible, that it was... Nope. Not only that, it is an internal unit, which it doesn't say in the main description and in the photo it looks like an external unit. So, dummy non-tech me purchased it and now I have to return this one, too!

Anyone know of a functioning, lightscribe external dvd burner for a Mac??? Bueler???

arggg!

Rant over...... :)

UPDATE: My best husband installed this on his windows deck, so I can now lightscribe my dvds, at last, however I have to use windows:( instead of my Mac :(

Update: 4-2-2012 As a note, this unit works real well in the Windows computer.(I've only used it for the Lightscribe feature) My husband has been kind enough to burn the LightScribe DVDs for me because , as a Mac user since the '80s, I get frustrated with the quirky Windows interface. The only reason for the 1 star is I was looking for a Mac compatible unit; this popped up under multiple searches as a Mac compatible unit; so I put this review up as a warning to other Mac users.

Also, I see the seller has added more photos of this unit, so Now you can see it is an internal unit. When I purchased this it only had one photo of the face of the unit. I'm glad they helped to clear up confusion.They should put up a reference to System compatibility. Windows only.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2012 6:16 PM PDT

LG Super Speed USB 24X DVD / 48X CD External Drive Reader / Rewriter with Silent Play, LightScribe & SecurDisc for all Netbooks, Laptops, Notebooks or Desktop Computers - Fastest Portable Unit - Reads All Formats / DVD-RW / DVD+RW / CD-ROM / CD-RW - with Extra Durable Protection for Transport - Compatible with Windows Or Mac Systems

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after only 12 dvds, March 24, 2012
Just purchased this about two weeks ago because it worked with a Mac and I wanted it for the Lightscribe feature. It worked great for about 12 dvds, then had a hardware communication error and that was that. I called the tier 1 tech support at LG and was told that, yes, it appears to be a hardware issue and to return it. I got the sense from the rep that this is a common problem with this unit. I wasn't even encouraged by the rep to purchase a replacement!

So, now I am waiting for my refund....

Best Of The Jammys/Volume 2
Best Of The Jammys/Volume 2
DVD ~ Ky-mani Marley
Offered by Selection 1985
Price: $5.87
21 used & new from $1.89

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a let down..., July 7, 2009
This review is from: Best Of The Jammys/Volume 2 (DVD)
The Best of the Jammys-Volume One was exceptional, so I was very excited to see/hear volume Two. While parts were ok, most appeared and sounded disjointed...just thrown together. Overall, very disappointing and not close to the quality of volume One. That being said, it was worth the $9+ I paid for it, as the extra clips were actually better than the main feature and redeemed my purchase in the end. Even had I not seen Volume One, I'd still just rate this a 3- because, while the talent was there, the producers dropped the ball in the production stage.