Profile for amanda > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

amanda RSS Feed (louisville, ky)

Page: 1 | 2
Dance Dance Revolution DDRgame (Super Sensitive-No More Delay) PS1 /PS2 Super Deluxe Pad (Version 4.0) with 1" Foam Insert
Offered by Outlet
Price: $39.99
4 used & new from $31.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Pad, But Not Without It's Problems, February 18, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a really good dance pad for the price, but only that. The positives are the low price, the foam padding which supports your feet and legs much more than the normal pads, and the anti-slip grip on the bottom of the pad. Unlike other pads, this one won't slide on carpet or hard wood flooring. The negatives are that the buttons will eventually die out with hard or frequent use, but all pads do that eventually. The other negative is that the covering of the pad rips very easily. It ripped the first time I used it, but that is a simple problem easily remedied by duct tape. All in all, if you can afford it and you play a lot, go for a metal pad. If you are on a small budget, go for the cheap, thin pads. If you want a pad that is amazing for the price range, buy this one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2013 6:57 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars The packaging was nicer than the product., January 15, 2007
When I ordered this locket, I expected to receive a beautiful, antique-looking locket, that looked the same in the picture as it did in my hand. I was extremely disappointed. The locket itself is made of cheap, thin metal. The "antique" effect is just black paint in the creases. It appears as if the locket was dipped in motor oil, but not thoroughly cleaned. The chain is almost as bad. It is very bulky, much larger than it looks in the picture. AND the chain broke seconds after I got it out of the package (although the package was quite nice). To prospective buyers, don't waste your money. This necklace belongs in the garbage can, end of story.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Miracle Product, January 10, 2007
I have just about every skin issue there is. Rosacea, large pores, dry spots, acne, all topped off with really pale skin that freckles. But the biggest problem I have on my face is my birthmark, on the right side of my lower lip. The thing will not leave. I had surgury to get rid of it, but the mark is still there. I decided to try Bare Escentuals, based on the recommendation of a friend. It worked--I even found a color for my extremely pale skin. My uneven, overly red cheeks now fade into the rest of my face. The huge pores on my nose are invisible, the circles under my eyes are gone. It is now impossible to see acne on my face thanks to this product. But best of all, my birthmark is gone. It truely is a miracle product.

Elegant 925 Sterling Silver Hearts French Wire 2" Long Dangle Earrings
Elegant 925 Sterling Silver Hearts French Wire 2" Long Dangle Earrings
Offered by Gem Avenue
Price: $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful earrings, but they are not as pictured., January 3, 2007
These are gorgeous earrings both in the picture and in my hand, but they don't look exactly the same. The earrings pictured have a black heart, while the actual earrings are all sterling silver. The end result is a bit fancier, but still quite nice.

Rebels Women's Joplin Star Sandal
Rebels Women's Joplin Star Sandal

3.0 out of 5 stars beautiful but..., January 3, 2007
These are beautiful shoes and look great with any clothes, but the way they are kept on is odd. Since these are laceless, the sides are sewn into the tongue. One one of my shoes, it was sewn a bit too tightly, so i had to cut some of the threads to make it so I could get my foot in! Also, the other reviewer is right in that these shoes run small. Get at least a half size if not a full size larger than what you usually wear. For the sale price they are currently at, these shoes are worth it, but at full price--definately not.

Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave - PC
Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave - PC
Price: $19.99
38 used & new from $3.80

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointment, November 24, 2006
I love the Nancy Drew games, and I own every one. I bought this game, with high hopes--then I finished it in only one day. It was that simple. Yes, like all Nancy Drew games there were interesting characters, amazing graphics, and intriguing puzzles, but those good things failed to even out the bad. The game was over much too quickly. The problem of the game was too simple and seemingly unimportant. There was not much to do, and the three or so mandatory tasks were monotonous and dull. While the character-switch Her Interactive offered was interesting, it could also be very confusing. The characters, though interesting, were not as thoroughly developed as in the other Nancy Drew games. And what I consider the worst fault of all, the ending of the game was absolutely horrid. It was by far the worst of all the games in its series. There was no action, or chase, or anything that really needed a brain or quick thinking. It was just over. While the Nancy Drew games are an amazing series as a whole, this game just left me wondering, "What was Her Interactive thinking?" I would recommend this game only to the die-hard Nancy Drew fans. To those of you merely seeking a fun and entertaining game, look at some of the other Nancy Drew games. I believe that "The Curse of Blackmoor Manor", "The Secret of Shadow Ranch", and "The Secret of the Scarlet Hand" are the best.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2009 10:01 AM PDT

JVC HAF120A Gumy Headphone (Blue) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
JVC HAF120A Gumy Headphone (Blue) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headphones for the price, April 29, 2006
My ears are really sensitive, so there was no way I could use the ipod headphones. Then I bought some $30 earbuds that were really comfortable, but met their end in a rather sad way. I saw the price of these headphones and thought, "They look cool and their cheap, but probably don't work well." I was wrong. These headphones have better sound than ipod headphones, and were just as good sound-wise as the earbuds that were over $20 more. They are not the most comfortable to those of use with sensitive ears, but they're tolerable. If you are looking for headphones that fit your ears perfectly or obliterate all outside noise, buy something else. But otherwise, you can't go wrong with these headphones.

My Sister's Keeper: A Novel (Wsp Readers Club)
My Sister's Keeper: A Novel (Wsp Readers Club)
by Jodi Picoult
Price: $9.17
1770 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A touching, tragic story., November 26, 2005
I bought this book in an airplane gift shop of all places. Needless to say, I did not have high hopes for it. When I started to read it I was pleasently suprised by the author's use of narratives. This story weaves inbetween past, present, and future. It tells the tale of a thirteen-year-old girl named Anna, and her sister who has a rare form of cancer. The ending is tragic and unexpected. If you hate to cry this is not the book for you. But this book is one of the most touching and beautifully written books I have ever read.

Nancy Drew: Secret Of the Old Clock - PC
Nancy Drew: Secret Of the Old Clock - PC
Offered by TnsDeals
Price: $8.10
50 used & new from $0.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but way too easy., November 26, 2005
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I love the Nancy Drew games. This game was no exception. As usual, there was an interesting plot, great characters, and a suprising culprit. Unfortunately, I found this game way too easy. I finished this game in one afternoon. The final challenge was completely unsuspensful. Other than a lack of challenge, it was a fun game.

Midnight Pearls
Midnight Pearls
by Debbie Viguié
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
71 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars the little mermaid?, November 23, 2004
i enjoyed this book. the only bad thing about it was that i wished the story would have gone on longer! the reason why i gave this novel 4 stars instead of 5 was that this story was supposed to be a retelling of "the little mermaid". i didn't know that until after i read the book! my advice is, read this book if you want a cool and quick read, but if you want a true retelling of a classic fairy tale, look elsewhere.

Page: 1 | 2