Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Train Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD
Profile for Meghan Hourihan > Reviews

Meghan Hourihan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Meghan Hourihan "megnut" RSS Feed (New York, NY USA)

CucinaPro 177 Pasta Fresh Pasta Machine
CucinaPro 177 Pasta Fresh Pasta Machine
Price: $28.99
14 used & new from $23.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes some practice but it's all worth it!, August 6, 2001
I don't know why I decided I wanted this pasta maker, but sometime last December, I did, and I asked my mother for it for Christmas. And I'm sure glad she bought it because this pasta maker rocks! It's a little tricky to get the hang of at first, and it helps to get the dough just right (my first batch had too much flour and wouldn't roll out). A touch of olive oil seems to help.
Once the dough is ready, rolling it out is a snap. The first few passes through the machine are the trickiest, and it helps if someone holds the machine down (especially if you can't clamp it down, like me). The best thing about using the machine is that it works the pasta as it rolls it (you should send it through the highest setting several times and fold the resulting strip back into itself, in thirds, then roll it again), so even if your dough starts out sub-par, by the time you reach the second-lowest setting, it looks professional. (I don't recommend the lowest setting, it rolls too thin and the dough begins to tear.)
It comes with two cutting attachments, one which produces thin angel-hair/spaghetti-like noodles, and a thicker one which is closer to linguini. Both produce delicious pasta. If you're looking to make pasta from scratch, I highly recommend this pasta maker. I've never been disappointed by the results.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2010 9:31 AM PST