Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now DOTD
Profile for J > Reviews

Browse

J's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J RSS Feed (San Gabriel, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Unisol 4 Preservative Free Saline Solution, 12 fluid Ounce
Unisol 4 Preservative Free Saline Solution, 12 fluid Ounce
Offered by WNC Products
Price: $58.97
7 used & new from $58.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad shipper or tampered product?, April 9, 2015
The safety seal on ALL the boxes I ordered were all broken when I received them. This obviously has nothing to do with the product itself which is great for use with scleral lenses. However, it made me uneasy at the prospect of using them.

NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3
NBA 2K11 - Playstation 3
Offered by insomniacsonline
Price: $12.22
306 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars best basketball sim ever!, October 6, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
i gave this game 5 stars because the gameplay is improved, whether it is the smarter AI, the new animations included or the new moves that you can do. The game would've been amazing already without all of the Jordan material which 2K could've made an EXPENSIVE add-on but didn't. I'm sure if they charged $30 for a MJ DLC, nobody would think twice to get it because it's worth it!!!

NCAA Football 09 - PlayStation 2
NCAA Football 09 - PlayStation 2
Offered by Tony's Extensive Game Collection
Price: $36.89
86 used & new from $1.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Same 'ole, Same 'ole, July 21, 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I have played nearly every NCAA fb game on the ps2 to date, and I've noticed that after a certain time, the game ceases to change. And it happened in 06. NCAA 06 was a great game and, to be frank, you're still playing that same game whether you have 07, 08, or even 09. Gameplay has changed so slightly over the past 3-4 years with the ps2 version, that I tell anyone and everyone who has a love for college football and has only a ps2... QUIT BUYING THE NEWEST VERSION. You're completely screwing yourself over by tossing away 40 bucks a year to get one or two new features and an "updated" roster. Inevitably, it's the same case for all the sport games on the ps2, the newest versions give you nary a thing that's new. As a frustrated ps2 owner, I can tell you all with confidence, STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME and all the newest versions of any sport game on old gen systems. You'll be glad you did.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Sony PSP
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Sony PSP
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $17.34
96 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One Word: Finally!, June 29, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
By finally, I mean... finally there is a game worthy of the title "Final Fantasy" and worthy of the roman numerals VII, in my opinion, the greatest RPG and Final Fantasy ever. Square Enix's previous attempt at making a spin off the VII, "Dirge of Celebrus", was a complete bust... but here they come with Crisis Core. First off, C.C. is breathtaking to view, as it is to play... the graphics from the original game on the first Playstation could never do the game justice. We all remember those awkwardly shaped characters with their pencil thin elbows and knees and their elongated eyes and lack of mouthes.. But with the PSP graphics engine, Square Enix was able to give gamers a masterpiece. Game play is superb..., but fans of the series will tell you the greatest part of the game is knowing more about the game's central characters, i.e. Sephiroth, Cloud, Aeris, and the mysterious and barely mentioned Zack. In the original FFVII, the entire game of C.C. is essentially summed up in a "flash-back" where Cloud tells his crew of his past. All in all, Square needs to get back to basics and continue to make games of this quality of of game play and story line, rather than dish out childish looking and sickening games (i.e. pretty much anything made on the DS these days).

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33S 8.1MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Silver)

2.0 out of 5 stars A nifty camera... not meant for novices, June 29, 2008
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33S 8.1MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom is a nice camera for about $150, which tells you that it is a bargain (less than $19 per mega pixel). I bought this camera as a gift for my daughter for the sake of getting her a camera and I'm ashamed to say, I chose poorly. She hadn't the slightest idea about how to use it, after having cameras made by Canon and Nikon; the Lumix's greatest flaw is its many, many features. Sometimes, people just want to simply turn on the camera and snap some shots... they shouldn't have to decide a bunch of features in order to do soemthing so simple. Panasonic did a great job making their camera look sleek and put in good quality manufacturing. But what the fine print doesn't tell you is, this is a camera you have to read the manual in order to use properly. I won't go into details about this product because it's already listed, but I'll tell you that this camera is definitely not ideal for your kids or casual photo-takers in general. My rating is based on the difficulty of use, rather than the quality of the product. I think Panasonic should take a page out of Canon and Sony's page and make their products customer friendly.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $18.46
33 used & new from $15.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Justice is pretty Good, but Wright is still the Man., June 27, 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I enjoyed this game, as I did the each game from the Phoenix Wright series... but Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney just can't compared to its predecessor. The new protagonist, Justice, is for lack of better words, o.k. In my mind his personality was too bland, as were all the supporting characters; this made it difficult for me to enjoy the game as I'd hoped. Phoenix provided witty comments and timely jokes throughout his series to make the games more than just solving cases and defending people... I felt the first three Ace Attorney games were purely entertaining and enjoyable. The latest title provides still interesting cases and introduces some new features like the ability to "Perceive" lies and reintroduces active investigation as in Phoenix Wright: Justice For All. I thoroughly loved each P.W. title and was sad to see the series end and for P.W. to be reduced to a supporting character... I would recommend the other titles before this one.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - Nintendo DS
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - Nintendo DS
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $16.75
61 used & new from $12.80

5.0 out of 5 stars One word; Amazing., June 18, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I know most people out there are into the cliche characters in the video gaming industry; Mario, Peach, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and so forth. But the character I've come to favor the most is... Phoenix Wright! To be honest, I bought the first game because it was 1. Cheap (20 bucks!) and 2. Sounded cool. I've always been into law shows so I figured it might be a decent game at best, but what happened on accident has become a complete infatuation with the series. Capcom really out did themselves on the Phoenix Wright series as they allow players to be both detective and defense attorney while interweaving it with truly fascinating and compelling story lines. Trials and Tribulation consists of 5 cases, 2 relatively short ones, 2 normal length ones, and one giant case. Most would think this kind of game would be a breeze, but I liken it to something of an RPG where you have to bide your time to "level up" (in this case, investigate) so you can take on a "boss" (or.. Godot in this game). T.T. took me a great length of time to play and beat, which I couldn't be more pleased because in reality, cases don't just blow by. I though that T.T. was the best in the series because it goes back to basics and returns what made the first two games in the series so enjoyable to play; a charismatic protagonist, interesting supporting characters, fantastic game play, seemingly impossible to defend cases, and so forth. The difference is, this time around, 3 of the cases are tied together, enabling the player to see a greater picture of Phoenix's world and those around him. If possible, anybody with a DS must get this and the other games in the series... hundreds of thousands of people can't possibly be wrong!

Kingston 4 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/4GB
Kingston 4 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/4GB
Offered by ABX ProTECH
Price: $11.28
34 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be swayed by idiot customers.., February 25, 2008
The Kingston 4gb SDHC memory card, like all other Kingston products, is an exceptional piece of equipment. I use it with my Canon SD1000 and I get nothing but blazing fast write times and no headaches. Make sure your device supports SDHC because if not, it will not work. This is a key reason why people are left "unsatisfied" by what they get, not because of the product, but because they did not do their homework.

Buyers, you should really take note that, most reviews on any site about not only Kingston, but other great brands, is heavily altered by idiot customers leaving comments to attack the site that sold them the items. So don't quickly judge an product based on how many stars it has, because honestly, you cannot take that into consideration unless you have read every review posted.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2014 10:43 AM PDT

NBA 2K8 - PlayStation 2
NBA 2K8 - PlayStation 2
Offered by Chery Enterprises
Price: $16.85
85 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect much..., December 28, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When getting the yearly updates for sports games on last gen systems.. you really shouldn't expect groundbreaking or breathtaking new features. What you should expect is... essentially the previous year's game... with little improvements here and there. I myself found 2k8 to have smoother game play than 2k7 and worth the 20$ I paid for it. My advice is.. is you have 2k7, you should probably save the 20-30 bucks that 2k8 costs. My rating for the game is solely based on my experience playing it.. not on how much it improved from the previous year.

PROS:
- New dunk/shooting animations
- Slightly crisper graphics and game play

CONS:
- Exact same intro (fan reactions, announcing, etc) for every game
- AI, which is touted as "Smarter...brings the NBA to life like never before", is actually retarded as hell. You can win against the Suns or Celts on "Hall of Fame" difficulty by 40.
- No Dunk contest or any of the "new" stuff Next-Gen systems received
- The music is described in one word... crap
- The "Association" game mode is the same of previous years.

In all, the game was still a little more fun than the year before. I would suggest getting it only if you didn't get 2k7. The 2k series is still light years ahead (which is sad) of its competition and definitely more worthwhile because of its game play and price.

O My Darling: A Novel
O My Darling: A Novel
by Amity Gaige
33 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly wonderful, humanistic portrayal of love, October 13, 2007
This review is from: O My Darling: A Novel (Paperback)
To be frank, I read this book because my professor forced my class to do so. I reluctantly purchased Amity Gaige's, "O My Darling", and slow read it. To my surprise, this was a fair quick and interesting read.

Gaige brings us into the world of a newlywed couple, Clark and Charlotte Adair, and their constant troubles with each other, as well as themselves. As soon as the first chapter, it's clear that neither character is without flaw. "O My Darling" shows us the many downs in marriage, as well as it's best.

Rather than glamorizing "love", Gaige paints a very real picture of love that the reader is either unwilling to believe and simply ignorant to. Because the word love has been mutated and diminished by Hollywood, teenagers, etc., it was nice reading a book where the two protagonists aren't head over heels in love with each other to the point where it makes you want to vomit in disgust. Because "love" is not entirely full of "ups", Gaige displays all of the "downs" that couples can and should expect after tying the knot.

I won't spoil the whole book, but I highly recommend Amity Gaige's, "O My Darling", to any and everyone, especially those foolhardy and ignorant teenagers who seem to throw the word "love" to everyone they date.

Page: 1 | 2