Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Adam > Reviews

Browse

Adam's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam RSS Feed

10-Ounces Natural Canvas Fabric By The Yard, 60-Inch Wide.
10-Ounces Natural Canvas Fabric By The Yard, 60-Inch Wide.
Offered by THE FABRIC EXCHANGE - Wholesale Direct!
Price: $6.85
4 used & new from $1.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fabric for my uses, April 7, 2012
I bought this fabric because I started playing around with my mom's old sewing machine and I wanted to make something easy. I used it to make a tote bag and a laptop sleeve, and both have held up just fine. The fabric is a good weight, and was easy to work with.

Rover RM-50 Deluxe Student A-model Mandolin - Sunburst
Rover RM-50 Deluxe Student A-model Mandolin - Sunburst
Price: $137.85
4 used & new from $131.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beginner mandolin!, April 7, 2012
As a guitar player looking to expand his instrument collection, this was definitely a good choice.

After looking through countless online reviews and recommendations for entry-level mandolins, I finally settled on this one. You just can't beat all solid wood (it'll age and sound better the more you play it) for this price. You've gotta set the thing up yourself (which was a huge pain for me, but it's part of the experience I guess), but once I got everything going, it was a breeze to get started playing.

It's always worth it to spend the extra few dollars to get a better instrument. If you get a crappy starter instrument like a Rogue, you won't have a very easy time learning how to play. The difference between laminated and solid wood is night and day. I definitely suggest grabbing this one if you're looking for a decent first mandolin.

CORK INSOLES
CORK INSOLES
Offered by CleverBrand Inc.
Price: $6.89 - $6.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable if not somewhat flimsy, April 7, 2012
This review is from: CORK INSOLES
I had been looking for some replacement insoles for my Thorogood Moc Toes, and these fit the bill.

PROS:

They mold to your feet, making them very comfortable
The price was good
The sizing was generous enough that I was able to cut them down for a perfect fit

CONS:

They're thin. Kinda flimsy. They'll rip if you're not too careful putting them into your shoe.
They're so thin that I ended up gluing the two sets together to make one pair of insoles.

All in all, $11 for what ended up being one pair of insoles isn't too bad. I like them a lot more than the Dr. Scholl's gel insoles I tried in the boots before them.

Thorogood Men's American Heritage Boot
Thorogood Men's American Heritage Boot
Price: $122.08 - $204.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots: love + some complaints, December 17, 2011
First of all, I love these boots. I've always admired Red Wings, but their price point put me off. When I had heard about these boots from various blogs (getting glowing reviews, mind you), I had to check them out. Made in USA, Vibram sole, Goodyear welt, American heritage workwear blahblahblah, all for a $130? Sounds great to me. On getting the boots in Brown Crazy Horse, I loved them. The quality checked out, they looked great, everything.

HOWEVER!

I bought them in 8.5 EE (wide feet, what's good?), and the insoles seemed to have a bit of a problem staying flat against the bottom of the boot. They would pop up in the middle of the boot, making it feel a little bit weird. I solved that problem by cutting down some of the excess insole that was causing the problem, and that was that. After about a weeklong break-in period, I noticed that the outside side of the insole in the left boot was a little bumped up, which caused some discomfort after a day of wear. This was only on the left boot, mind you. I switched out the insoles with some that I grabbed out of a pair of Timberland hiking boots, and everything feels great now. I'm not sure if this was an issue with my particular pair or if it's common in all 8.5 EE, but everything is fine now.

That's only the bad, though. Here's the good:

The boots look great. They're tough, pretty damn water resistant (a couple hours in steady rain will leak through a bit), and they're starting to look good with wear. The sole is hard wearing as you'd expect from Vibram, and as a substitute for higher priced Red Wings or other similarly styled workboots, I can't help but recommend these. I'm looking forward to wearing these hard for a number of years and getting them resoled, only to wear them in again. Let's be honest here: I'm wearing these mostly on the street for stuff like getting coffee, going to class, taking pictures (all you bloggers know what's up), and these boots are MORE than adequate for these tasks. Long story short, BUY THESE BOOTS!