Profile for DELTA HEALTH WORKS INC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DELTA HEALTH WORKS INC "Jim Adams" RSS Feed (Cleveland, MS United States)

Doctor Stories
Doctor Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and Awakening, April 28, 2013
This review is from: Doctor Stories (Kindle Edition)
The book is filled with clever stories, true stories, stories about Amish life, Missionary Life, Neurosurgery residency and fascinating tales that could only be true in the life experiences of a very energetic physician. My hat is humbly off to Dr. Finneran for his contributions to the world. Reading the book, once can sense no over-inflated ego or ulterior motives for baring his professional soul to the reader. Rather, I got the feeling I was reading about a real man, no pretenses.

Everything in our 21st Century culture seems of lesser grandeur than our heroic and larger-than-life leaders of the past, but with appropriate restraints understood, I can't help but sense the Doctor has a little Albert Schweitzer mixed with a larger portion of Captain Ahab. I hope he succeeds in his mission, whatever it is. The book is fun to read. Enjoy.

Costa Rica - FREE Travel Guide
Costa Rica - FREE Travel Guide
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless., February 12, 2013
This app is completely worthless. There is NO information about anything. It is just a tease to buy the full app. Don't waste your time.

The Landmark Herodotus: The Histories
The Landmark Herodotus: The Histories

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, readable and infinitly FUN, May 6, 2009
Fun. Herodotus was fun, entertaining, fascinating, wise, occasionally full of prunes, but he knew it and tells you. No one today can claim a better mind or more honest mind, and we are surely more often duped by our "media" than Herodotus was by the priests of Egypt and the storytellers of the places he visited. Anyone who likes to read fun and fascinating facts written 500 years before Jesus was born, needs this book more than visit their television sets or their golf clubs, especially if they like FUN. Herodotus is fun, and this wonderful edition with all the clearly labeled maps and footnotes correcting occasional mistakes is the ultimate edition. This book is a necessity, not a consumer option. Trust me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2011 7:34 PM PDT

QuickBooks 2009 For Mac [OLD VERSION]
QuickBooks 2009 For Mac [OLD VERSION]

1.0 out of 5 stars Stop BEFORE YOU BUY THIS PROGRAM!, January 7, 2009
What a CON job! I've used Quickbooks for 9 years, switched to Mac, and bought this without READING THE FINE PRINT. Oh, yeah, it there as it talks about what the program will do, only it's at the bottom of the list. YOU CANNOT MAKE A PAYROLL CHECK FROM YOUR COMPUTER BUT HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR A $24 MONTH FEE TO AN ONLINE SERVICE! I know this is unbelievable, but for a small business, it makes no business sense. This Intuit program therefore fits into the category of a con job. Nothing but a con job. What company can use a program that doesn't allow you to make a payroll...for a not so small fee, of course!

Jim
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2009 10:37 PM PDT

Samsung LN46A650 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color (2008 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Breezy, August 31, 2008
No problems. Unloaded it, set it up, had it running in an hour. Acquiring channels is automated. Almost everything is automated. I haven't even changed to the cable companies HDTV box, and the picture is superb. I can't say the same for my neighbors exactly same TV, only mine is 46" their's 40". The quality is much better on mine. I can't imagine anyone wanting to go higher than 46", by the way. This is a HUGE TV.
jim adams
cleveland ms

HP LaserJet 3020 All-in-One
HP LaserJet 3020 All-in-One

3.0 out of 5 stars This is not an ALL IN ONE, August 8, 2004
I actually sent the machine back and am glad I did. Check out the Xerox DocuMate 250 which I bought instead. This machine may be wonderful, but you have to read before you buy. I skimmed over the tech data and got confused. The 3020 is NOT all in one. It is two of the three. The 3030 has the fax capabilities. The 3020 has only the printer and scanner. I pass this on, so you won't have to go through the inconvenience of returning it, because you can't carry this machine back to Office Depot. They won't accept it. Tech Depot is a separate company, though both of the same parent.

Xerox DocuMate 250
Xerox DocuMate 250
2 used & new from $895.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, August 8, 2004
I have to scan medical documents, sometimes 4 or 5 at a time, to .pdf. Interfacing with Acrobat 6 was a problem at first, but Acrobat 6 Prof and Standard have an update, 6.0.2, and after that, I had no problems. This machine is FAST. Zip, zip, zip! Done! The software interface is simple and unobtrusive. I use a program, MacroExpress, to facilitate the process,and this is the only software I've used (two others so far) that adapts almost pefectly. The warmup time was a problem for me in the past. I dictate reports, then attach other documents to the finished products. If one inserts the sone-to-be scanned documents in the scanner as one is nearing completion, it warms up, and by the time I'm ready to scan, it's over in a matter of seconds. I spent a significant amount of time searching for the best if not perfect scanner. This is it.

The product support was friendly and good, and I didn't have to wait too long to talk with someone when I was having trouble with the Acrobat 6 interface. Coming from a flatbed scanner without auto document feeding, I feel like the ape in the beginning of 2001 Space Oddessy, my leg bone just morphed into a space station.

Hope of the Wicked
Hope of the Wicked
by Ted Flynn
Price: $19.60
62 used & new from $4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Subject Important, Presentation Quirky, November 10, 2000
This review is from: Hope of the Wicked (Paperback)
I recommend people read this, though contrary to the author's advice, I recommend reading chapter 5 and then skipping to 9. I appreciate the horrific nightmare perpetrated on the American public, if not the masses of the world, and the guilt-ridden secret organizations that pass as "the establishment." I protest against mixing this subject matter with accusations of Satanism, but by Chapter 9, the facts begin to pour, and the serious material crystalizes. This is one of those books which educate and is not a silly conspiratorial book. The material should be of grave importance to every American. No head of a church big or small should fail to read this and pass the knowledge on to their congregation.
For anyone who would truly like to delve deeper and feel a little more confident in their source, the massive book written (and surpressed for a while) by Dr. Caroll Quigley, TRAGEDY AND HOPE, is more serious reading and is heavily quoted in the above book.
For those who don't understand, on a personal, individual basis, what this book means to the average American, you MUST read another book, BOYS ON THE TRACK, which will bring the lawless, irreverent, power-greedy end result of the New World Order home to the family and the outrageous nightmare of Linda Ives.
Jim Adams, M.D.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2012 7:00 PM PDT

The Boys on the Tracks:  Death, Denial, and a Mother's Crusade to Bring Her Son's Killers to Justice
The Boys on the Tracks: Death, Denial, and a Mother's Crusade to Bring Her Son's Killers to Justice
by Mara Leveritt
35 used & new from $14.37

5.0 out of 5 stars American Democracy on the line, October 18, 2000
The death of the boys serves as a focal point. We need a focal point, for this story eventually leads us to what is undoubtedly the greatest challenge to our democratic system of government most of us will know in this century. The essence of Ms. Leveritt's story is the solvency of our system of justice, rule by the people vs. rule by a central government. In a democracy where justice is withheld by abusive political elities and the perversion of our national organizations of justice and law ... we have to suspect democracy has withered on the vine. This should be a call to action for our national media who have behaved scandalously in shunning and obstructing the details of this sordid tale of the decline of American Justice.
My hat is off to Linda Ives and Jean Duffey who have thus far proven that brave women are more effective crusaders than men.
Jim