Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Vegan Fit JoJo > Reviews

Browse

Vegan Fit JoJo's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vegan Fit JoJo RSS Feed

Vegan Health & Fitness
Vegan Health & Fitness
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I continue to find myself feeling inspired and enlightened by this wonderful magazine, issue after issue, August 10, 2015
This review is from: Vegan Health & Fitness (Magazine)
I have been a subscriber of this magazine for quite a while now. I get downright excited when I open my mailbox and find the latest issue -- so much so that I can't wait to get back into my house before I start flipping through the pages, haha. Even as a certified personal trainer, vegetarian since 1991, and vegan since 2007, I continue to find myself feeling inspired and enlightened by this wonderful magazine, issue after issue. Vegan Health & Fitness has filled a sort of void I noticed when reading other vegan/vegetarian-friendly publications on the market. VH&F not only shares tasty recipes and information about fitness-related products, but you should also expect to find inspirational interviews and workout tips/suggestions from "everyday vegans"... in addition to upbeat discussions with health-conscious superstars. This magazine also addresses common holistic health/fitness concerns, such as how to gain muscle and/or drop fat via clean eating. You can also expect to have questions answered that you didn't even know you needed to ask! Whether you're a long-term vegan/vegetarian, or someone who's simply kicking around the idea of getting fit and feeling better through plant-based nutrition and fun activities, this magazine is for you. Do your future self a favor and get subscribed!

Dragon Eyes
Dragon Eyes
by Liz Palmieri-Coonley
Price: $12.99
19 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book, November 5, 2014
This review is from: Dragon Eyes (Paperback)
Even as someone without kids, I enjoyed this book. Not only are the illustrations colorful and quite beautiful, but the story is truly heartwarming. Dragon Eyes encourages friendship and compassion/kindness toward others. I imagine this will become one of those extra special books your kids will want to read over and over again!

The Vegan Slow Cooker: Simply Set It and Go with 150 Recipes for Intensely Flavorful, Fuss-Free Fare Everyone (Vegan or Not!) Will Devour
by Kathy Hester
Price: $15.93
140 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite cookbook!, September 12, 2011
You won't be sorry if you buy this one! Not only does this book contain simple, delicious, and nutritious, 100% vegan receipes, but it is also put together extremely well. The arrangement of the ingredients and instructions on each page makes each recipe easy to follow. All recipes are limited to one page, with the ingredients in the left column, and instructions in the right.

I own another cookbook (Viva Vegan by Terry Hope Romero), and while it contains tasty recipes, I rarely use it because there are multiple recipes on single pages, requiring you to turn the pages to see the remainder of many of the recipes... Which is not a good thing because you have to stop what you're doing to wash food off your hands, remove the book from the stand, turn the page, and place the book back in the stand before you can continue with the recipe. A 2nd problem I find with the arrangement of the Viva Vegan book is it's simply hard to follow with my eyes. Every time I look away (to do the next step), it takes me several seconds to find and "refocus" on the correct place on the page. So I really appreciate the user-friendly format of THIS book by Kathy Hester!

There are so many great recipes in this book, that I had a difficult time deciding what to try first. I decided to go with the "Chik'n Cacciatore" (made with seitan), and my family LOVED it! Over the next couple of days, I made the "Mix-and-Match Jambalaya", and the "Baigan Bharta" (eggplant curry).... and both were followed by rave reviews!

Some prep time is required in the recipes (chopping and sauteing), but Kathy makes it a cinch, by breaking up the instructions between "The Night Before", and "In the Morning". This helps tremendously if you want to toss everything in the crockpot on your way out to work in the morning. That being said, you don't have to do anything the night before; if you have a few additional minutes to spare in the morning, you can do everything at once.

Simply put, this is an EXCELLENT cookbook, whether you are a new vegan looking for simple, yet tasty and satisfying recipes that do not contain hard-to-find ingredients (which is common in vegan cookbooks)... or whether you're a long-term vegan, looking for a nice variety of easy to prepare, delectable dishes!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2015 2:44 PM PST