Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Min Farshaw > Reviews

Browse

Min Farshaw's Profile

Customer Reviews: 43

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Min Farshaw RSS Feed (Lebanon, NH USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The 10th Kingdom
The 10th Kingdom
DVD ~ Kimberly Williams-Paisley
Offered by Lunch money
Price: $38.94
74 used & new from $1.36

5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUS!!, December 11, 2002
This review is from: The 10th Kingdom (DVD)
I watched this with a group of friends. We had so much fun that we started it one day and finished it the next, with only about two ten minute breaks in between. It's got great jokes, the romance is actually AMUSINg instead of incredibly embarrassing.. and it's rather satisfying. There are GREAT jokes, especially the frog. Watch this is you like faerie tails... even remotely.

Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, Book 1)
Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, Book 1)
by Terry Goodkind
Price: $27.44
125 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars ehh, September 29, 2002
This book was good, but I found that it didn't evoke any emotions- probably because they'd all been used when I read the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. the similarities between the two series cannot be overlooked. and I find WoT to be a much better read.

Lollipops
Lollipops
9 used & new from $7.48

5.0 out of 5 stars wow.., August 23, 2002
This review is from: Lollipops (Audio CD)
This CD was recommended to me by my tuba masterclass teacher at music camp. I was exciting about actually getting to hear a tuba player, so I went out and bought it, and one other tuba soloist CD.
They both had 'the flight of the bumblebee on them' and I listend to them. Not only did sheridan play it better, it was more expressive, faster, and even my FATHER ( a definite non-instrumental kinda person) loved it.
and the rest of the songs are no different. if you want to know the true potential of tubas, definitely buy a Pat Sheridan CD!

Africa Solo: A Journey Across the Sahara, Sahel and Congo
Africa Solo: A Journey Across the Sahara, Sahel and Congo
by Kevin Kertscher
53 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars hm, June 15, 2002
I actually had the privelidge of meeting the author at a bookstore where he was handing out his john hancock.. I rather scared him I think...
but then again I suppose it is odd for an 11 year old to come up to you and start talking about the time she mummified a chicken.. but no matter
This book was fairly interesting, and though I don't remember the particulars, his journey through Africa was well described and worth reading if you are interesting in traversing the continent (I don't happen to be interested in doing so- but then again I'm not the traveling sort)

Tess of the d'Urbervilles (Bantam Classics)
Tess of the d'Urbervilles (Bantam Classics)
by Graham Handley
Price: $4.06
213 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites!, June 2, 2002
Truly an excellently written book. From the very beginning, Tess comes alive. Her parents are witless drunks with two many children, and Tess must care for them. When news comes to her idiot of a father that once the Durbeyfields were the D'Ubervilles, a family with a famous past, money and land, her life takes some terrible turns.
One of the best things about this book is that it is not happy-go-lucky. When terrible things happen to her, Tess has no where to go. If you want to see what life for women was like, you can easily find out through Tess.
The end is very unexpected, and absolutely perfect, and very satisfying as well. I didn't need to know what happened next, I wasn't dying to read a sequel, I was content.
For you people who love happy books, that have happy endings, middles, everything- read something by Jane Austen. If you are into reality, check this book out.

Good Son
Good Son
by Craig Nova
30 used & new from $0.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Scariest book I EVER read, April 29, 2002
This review is from: Good Son (Paperback)
and I read it in the fourth grade. It still gives me chills.
I think this is the book I read, anyways.
It's about this boy who's mother dies, and his father has to make business trips, so the boy goes to live with his aunt, uncle, and cousins.
His cousin, Henry, is about the same age as he is, and Henry is evil.
If you can find a copy of this book, you really should try it, but it truly is frightening.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2009 9:25 AM PDT

The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter)
The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter)
by Thomas Harris
Price: $7.99
371 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the movie., April 27, 2002
Surprisingly, I enjoyed the movie much more than the book.
Thomas Harris did an ok job of writing this book, but he definitely isn't strong in the details department. If I hadn't seen the movie first I would never have been able to picture the things going on.
For example, when Clarice is photographing the body of the girl, in the book you really can't get a feel for what the woman really looked like, and what Buffalo Bill had done to her. Also, Anthony Hopkin did an amazing job portraying Dr. Lecter ,and without seeing the movie, you can't feel the terror that Clarice felt upon meeting him.
Some things are much more interesting in the book, though, and it was helpful to get a feel for who Clarice really was, instead of being such a sweet person as she seems in the movie, she really had a temper.
The Silence of the Lambs was definitely a made for movie book, and I am very glad that they did make a movie out of it.
Overall, I'd give it three and a half stars, but alas! no such possibility exists.

Daughters of Isis: Women of Ancient Egypt (Penguin History)
Daughters of Isis: Women of Ancient Egypt (Penguin History)
by Joyce Tyldesley
Price: $14.87
90 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but..., April 27, 2002
I came very close to getting in very deep trouble for bringing this book to school (I'm a freshman in highschool.) the day after I'd bought it. At that point I had barely begun it.
One of my friends decided to look through the book, and came upon a very detail picture of a prostitute with a client.
Other than that, this book was very helpful, and it helped me to understand Ancient Egyptian women a little better. It doesn't really need a synopsis, the name does sort of tell you what the book is about.
If you are interested in Ancient Egypt, definitely try it, just make sure you don't let any little kids look through it.

The Lord of the Rings
The Lord of the Rings
by Brian Sibley
Price: $37.70
59 used & new from $23.61

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, so it doesn't deserve a 1., April 27, 2002
This review is from: The Lord of the Rings (Hardcover)
Everyone knows at least some of the plot, so I won't go into that.
I found Fellowship of the Ring to be rather dull, except for a few scenes.
I found Two Towers to be little better, and by the beginning of the Return of the King I was sick of the whole thing. The biggest problem had to be their change of speech.Did anyone else notice that in the beginning they talked just about the same as one might hear walking down the street, and that by the end of The Return of the King the characters sounded like they were quoting Shakespeare?
Also, some times Tolkien had his characters say very strange things, for example:
Sam says "Ninnyhammer! Noodles! My beautiful rope!" something like that, but.. honestly, NINNYHAMMER??
And then, before that, when discussing the elven rope, Sam also says "the rope is as soft as milk" or the like.
Anyways, overall, a great book, Tolkien really started off the entire Fantasy genre, but just because he was the first, doesn't mean he's the best. I prefer Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series, but then again, several of Jordan's stuff came from The Lord of the Rings, so.. I just don't know..
By the way, I liked the movie better, which almost NEVER happens.

The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, Book 2)
The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, Book 2)
by Robert Jordan
Price: $7.99
327 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars You can learn a little about yourself everywhere you go..., March 27, 2002
and I find myself to be weak, very weak.
I recently picked up The Eye of the World for the second time, and swore to myself I would read it slowly and thoroughly. I lied. Two days (school days, mind) later I had finished it and picked up The Great Hunt, also for the second time.
It was much better than I remember it, and I infact, finished it only seconds ago. Chills are still going through me, and even though I know what will happen, I ask myself over and over again, what DID Rand decide?
I feel a deep Longing, and though I do not have a stedding tocall home, I feel my Longings will not be quenched until I can find The Dragon Reborn again.
Peace favor your sword, may the Light shine on you, and my you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5