Profile for B. Haley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Haley RSS Feed (Ohio)

PlayStation 4 Console
PlayStation 4 Console
Price: $399.00
260 used & new from $289.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Playstation yet, November 19, 2013
This review is from: PlayStation 4 Console (Video Game)
I received this on Friday and have been using it pretty much ever since. No issues whatsoever. The controller fits naturally in my hand and the triggers and sticks are a huge improvement. Overall I have no complaints whatsoever and glad I decided to become an early adopter.

6ft PTC Premium Gold Series Elegant Dual Tone HDMI Cable, Supports Deep Color
6ft PTC Premium Gold Series Elegant Dual Tone HDMI Cable, Supports Deep Color
Offered by Mr Star
Price: $3.49
23 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, buy this., September 15, 2008
These cables work just fine, but one problem, which might just be user-related.

I bought two of them, one for my PS3 and one for my DVR. My TV gave a "No Signal" error for both when I first plugged them in. I tried everything I could think of and almost gave up in frustration, accepting my failure in hoping $5 HDMI cables would function as well as the $50+ ones. Then I thought maybe to try reversing the cable, and putting the plugs in the opposite device. All of a sudden my TV dings and says 1080p. Both ends of the cable look exactly the same, but for some reason, each end has to be plugged into the correct system. Or maybe it's just me and this is common sense, I don't know...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2012 9:49 AM PDT

Samsung LN40A650 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV with RED Touch of Color
Samsung LN40A650 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV with RED Touch of Color

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., September 15, 2008
After a week of very impatient waiting, I finally got this TV today. CEVA was great, they emailed asking me to call and set up an arrival date. I wish more delivery services did this. They gave me a time-frame of 10am-2pm, but the delivery guy called around 11am and said he'd be there in 20 minutes. He was very friendly but obviously not very tech smart. He didn't even know what an HDMI cable is. Not a problem to me, but just keep that in mind if you're expecting these guys to hook up your system.

I couldn't be happier with this TV. Like everyone else has said, the picture is really amazing. I was worried at first because the TV was saying "No Signal" when trying to run my PS3, but I reversed the plugs on the HDMI cable and that fixed it. I don't know what that was all about as there's no indication on the cable showing which end needs to go where, but it works fine now so I'm not concerned.

I haven't had a chance to watch any Blu-ray movies yet, but the HD channels and DVDs look really great, especially with the 120Hz Auto Motion on high. I don't know why some people are complaining about this. I think it makes the picture seem to jump out of the screen at times. There are so many options and settings to adjust that it's a bit overwhelming, but all the standard settings feel the best to me so far. Cinema mode makes the screen a bit too dark, and the colors don't stand out at all. One extremely minor thing I noticed about the picture is if you sit too close, you see the picture blurring quite a bit, especially around faces. I made the mistake of plopping down my chair right in front of the TV ready to see some AMAZING picture and was quite disappointed. But after I realized this isn't like my old 19" TV and moved a bit further back, you don't see that blurring, just a sharp, beautiful picture.

I have no issues with the sound quality. It's obviously not movie theater quality, but it's a very full sound, with plenty of bass. The surround sound option doesn't give the feeling of "surround sound", it just changes the sound a bit giving it a very slight echo, which I like, so for now, I'm keeping it turned on.

The remote is very cheap looking with large buttons and a generic design, and the dial that you're supposed to turn to scroll up and down menus is terrible. Sometimes you spin it a quarter inch and it scrolls down 4 rows, and sometimes you have to spin it around more than halfway to go down one row. It also seems unable to decide which direction goes up or down. It is frustrating, but you can just push the dial instead of spinning it, so it's a non-issue.

So if you're like I was and spending hours and hours researching HDTVs, stop right now, and just buy this TV. You won't regret it.