Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Quincy Simpson > Reviews

Browse

Quincy Simpson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Quincy Simpson RSS Feed (USA)

Sometimes We Ran 2: Community
Sometimes We Ran 2: Community

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, and I will continue reading...., January 30, 2015
The author continues to pull me into the story. I like how this and the previous story pushed you to the next one, but it wasn't exactly a hard cliffhanger.

The nature of Clair and John's relationship was made clear here. That's cool and expected, but in light of the realities of the zombie apocalypse, I still wonder if there might be a later spark when this current community collapses, it seems as though it doesn't have the personnel to be a solid and longlasting community..

The red eyes continue to get smarter, although we don't really learn anything new about them. I look forward to seeing how they evolve further.

In the back of my mind is that bite on the arm of Clair in Book 1, will it ever have any issues? Especially in light of her present status...

At any rate, the community looks like it probably is not the strongest, so there will probably be a book 3...and I can't wait to read it.

Sometimes We Ran: A Story from the Zombie Apocalypse
Sometimes We Ran: A Story from the Zombie Apocalypse
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, I'm gonna read the next one in the series., January 19, 2015
I enjoyed it. The author brought me into the world and hooked me. I am really appreciative of the way that even in the slow times, the book still moved forward and kept me interested.

I am really wondering about why what the bite was supposed to do it didn't do. That alone will propel me to read the next in the series. I also am interested in the color of the eyes and the mentality of the Zombies. Will they be able to hold on?

In short, I would suggest reading it. Although there is not really a cliff hanger, there is a pretty hard push into the next story...

Love Triangle: Three Sides To The Story
Love Triangle: Three Sides To The Story

4.0 out of 5 stars A little better than OK..., August 10, 2012
I really liked the idea of seeing the affair from the three vantage points. That was kind of cool. But I do think there were some omissions

I do feel like the previous reviewer that something was missing. I would say that two things were missing in this book. First, more needed to be said about the physical relationship. I ain't asking for explicit sex, but something is missing when we jump form a first kiss and then the next thing we hear about is that they had been sleeping together for a year.

Another thing that was missing is the journey to be willing to forgive was not explored well enough. The book didn't make forgiveness easy, but it still could have spent a bit more time exploring how the character got into a position to forgive others....

After having said that, I think it was better than OK...We can't expect a full scale novel in a short story...I would probably give it a 3.5, but becuase amazon won't let me do that, I will go head and give it a 4...

Forsaken (Book 1 - Forsaken Series)
Forsaken (Book 1 - Forsaken Series)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Preacher Overcoming the Mess But Still Living With The Repercussions, November 2, 2011
OK. A Preacher cheats on his wife. Yes, you have heard that story before. Perhaps you have seen it in your own church. As an ordained minister, I must say that this scenario is all to common.

But the book is more than simply a "he cheated on her and she loved him through it and now they live happily ever after" kind of story. In this novel, we see JT (Mr. Preacher) and his reckless behavior having real consequences on his relationships and his church.

I liked how the author had the preacher-man pay for his indiscretions even though he was growing in his relationship with God. Yes, getting straight with God doesn't eliminate the repurcussions of your actions. The ending held in tension living with the consequences and living in hope.

I would have liked to see how the author would have dealt with some in church preaching. We heard about it, but let's see if JT can bring it...lol, but hey that's just me.

The author grabed me in the beginning and kept me on board. I will read the next book in the series...

Reunion
Reunion
by Jeff Bennington
21 used & new from $2.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Twist on the Ghost Story, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Reunion (Paperback)
Bennington provides an interesting story about a creepy 20th class reunion. The characters seemed to accept the paranormal a bit too easily. I also found that the multiple points of view switches were sometimes a bit difficult. But besides these and a few other minor things, I loved the twist on the ghost story. When is a ghost a ghost and are there other things besides ghosts? What is the pecking order of paranormal beings? These are some questions that came to me as I read the book.

I liked it, and found it well worth the time and money that I invested. I look forward to other books by the author.

Sellout
Sellout
by James W. Lewis
Price: $15.00
42 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking...What Is a Sellout?, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Sellout (Paperback)
The book allows the characters to work through a number of the stereotypes that are involved in interracial dating as well as race relations in general. We have black and white characters showing that they believe the stereotypes in their words, but we also have characters acting against what one might expect if one believed the stereotypes.

It is a thought provoking book, I enjoyed it, and it was well worth my time...check it out...

The Playground (Kindle Single)
The Playground (Kindle Single)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Playground Ain't Just Fun And Games, October 17, 2011
The story is interesting in that the playground represents the pain of this life that we must allow our children to face. The playground is not a metaphor of fun in this story, no it is a metaphor for hell. The father, Charles, steps into the situation to "save" his son by making a "deal with the devil." Presumably the deal helps his Jim, but it forces Charles to relive a time of terror. Again going back is not a time of joy but pain. The love for his child caused him to be in "hell" again. One can only wonder if Charles would make the same deal again.

One Second After
One Second After
by William R. Forstchen
Price: $22.91
82 used & new from $5.15

3.0 out of 5 stars An Important Warning, October 17, 2011
This review is from: One Second After (Hardcover)
This book introduced me to the whole EMP thing. I am not sure how accurate the scenario is, but it did give me a bit of a scare. We follow how one small town deals with the initial hit and the aftermath. The degeneration of society did feel real, although it was a bit accelerated as someone else wrote. I did find at times that the dialog degenerated into lectures. There did seem to be an abundance of right wing characters. This is somewhat understandable in that we are talking about a small town in the country, but it might be interesting to give a voice to the few "liberal" characters. The cultural references to 9-1-1 and movies seemed to be too often and not really weaved into the story.

I think it was a valuable book for me to read. I do hope that we never have to find out whether this book was realistic or not. I can deal with the right wing nature of the book. Hey, I'm in the south. And to be honest, I would guess that right wingers are more likely to deal successfully with the scenario presented in the book than left wingers. So that's not a big deal to me. But, while I liked the book, the "lectures" that violated the "show but don't tell" rule and the easy out of allowing the protagonist to know too much about what was happening and how to proceed cause me to rate it at 3.