Profile for Michael J. Maillis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael J. Maillis "Mike" RSS Feed (youngstown, ohio)

The Zero Theorem [HD]

Price: $31.91
195 used & new from $1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars fun game for my kids, August 22, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
my 10 year old daughter loves this game. she makes me play it and i also enjoy it. nuff said.

Timex Global Trainer Speed and Distance with Heart Rate GPS Watch
Timex Global Trainer Speed and Distance with Heart Rate GPS Watch
7 used & new from $180.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it., February 14, 2011
Had a 305, a 405 and now this Timmex Ironman GPS. I have worn the 405 and this watch together on long runs at the same time. I have also ran with this watch while my friend was wearing his 305. The GPS of this watch is very accurate and over 12 miles i found less than a .1 mile difference from the 405 and about a quarter mile from the 305. I have worn this watch in a marathon and it logged 26.3 miles. My 405 would commonly log 26.5 in marathons. I do agree it can be finnicky on downloading to computer. However the program that comes with the watch, without purchasing the extra features shows me a map and seems fine to me. It logs my minutes fine, my averages fine and like the 305 allows 4 displays at once. I also have had no problem finding a gps signal, nor have i lost a signal in one single race. It is definitely more reliable than the 405 which has frozen up on occasion and has become locked in jumping back and forth between different functions. The 405 is not nearly as reliable, but the size is great.

Likes of the timex GPS. NOTE, i wear these watches in Marathons.

Great 4 display
Accurate GPS
Easy to operate

Cons, bigger than 405

Overall, functionality of 305 is #1 but very bulky, Timex is a close second to the 305 on functionality and slightly smaller. the 405 comes in third. 405 Locks up, finicky when wet or sweating. Overall timex is king. Maybe the 410 will step in and change it all, we shall see.

Garmin Forerunner 405 Wireless GPS-Enabled Sport Watch with USB ANT Stick and Heart Rate Monitor (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by World Class Inc.
Price: $149.99
33 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars good, but not great like 305., May 23, 2010
This watch's size is the reason i bought it. formally owned 305 and loved it. Here comes the comparison. I miss the ability of the 305 to track 4 separate functions at once. The 405 only allows for three at a time, losing my current pace feature along with overall pace. I do like its alarm every mile telling me as i am logging miles. it froze up once on my in marathon and i could not figure out how to reset (hold both buttons down at same time for at least 7 seconds). In the end it is a fickle little friend that often performs wonderfully and more accurately than 305. it can be finnicky in rain or cold weather but you can freeze the bezzle to stop that. in the end, i recommend to Garmin to keep size of 405, incorporate buttons like 305. Biq question, would i trade 305 back for 405, answer is yes for 5k's, no for long races, 405's size is a great advantage over 305.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2011 8:54 AM PST