Profile for S. Brockhaus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Brockhaus RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Party Partners Design Rainbow Happy Birthday Flag Banner
Party Partners Design Rainbow Happy Birthday Flag Banner
Price: $8.00
2 used & new from $8.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible - do not buy! Letters arrived backwards., November 22, 2014
Amazon should stop selling this item. Our arrived with the letters printed backward (you can't flip it upside down or switch the order of letters). I saw this happened in other comments as well but I couldn't believe it would happen more than once. Why is this product still being sold? This was not useable for our son's second birthday party. We are processing a return.

200 Heavy Duty Plastic Soft Air-Filled Pit Balls for Ball Pits, Baby Playpen, Pack 'n Play, Bounce Houses, Play Tents, Playhouses, Kiddie Pools, etc. / 5 Bright Colors; Exciting Fun Toy for Toddler, Baby, Kids and Young Adults / Crush Proof, Commercial Grade, Phthalate Free & PVC Free (200 Balls)
Offered by F&W Trading LLC
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $31.96

3.0 out of 5 stars High quality balls, correct number, but small in size!, March 17, 2014
I received my order of 200 today to use in a standard size pack and play for my toddler. The balls don't fully cover the bottom of it. Don't even think about ordering 100- that's way too few for anything. I might have to order 100 more at this point. However, despite the small size of the balls, none of them were smushed- so good condition, nice colors and fairly sturdy.

Joovy Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller, Blueberry (Older Version) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best lightweight umbrella stroller with full features, November 10, 2013
I thoroughly researched umbrella strollers...and didn't want to spend too much. However- the cheapest dependable options had no storage in the back...and I at least wanted to be able to stash a small purse or diaper bag. I loved the Chicco liteway- it had all the features and was significantly less expensive. However that chicco has a strap that is too tight between the legs for babies over 9 months (you'll see this reflected in reviews). I didn't listen- bought it and then returned it.

Back to the drawing board...I realized I'd need to go up in price to get what I wanted. In the ultralight cateogory I narrowed it down to the Uppababy G-luxe (better than the less expensive uppababy because the G-luxe reclines) and this new Joovy Ultralight Groove. Both have comparable features...i slightly preferred the Joovy as the G-luxe has two layers of material on the seat which sort of stuck out a bit and seemed a little mishapen (just a visual thing). Then I went online and read reviews about the G-luxe tipping over or kids being able to collapse it while in it.

The Joovy has generally all positive reviews and was less expensive then the G-luxe anyway. (By the way BBB carries it in solid black and you can use a 20% off coupon). The Joovy also has fluorescent stripping on the sides for safety (love).

We tried out our new Joovy today and I like it a lot - really no complaints at all. It's smooth- the straps are easily adjustable. It looks great. This one's a keeper! I paid more than I wanted too originally but now I have the stroller I wanted!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2014 10:54 AM PST

Wrinkle-Free Damask Stripes White King/Cal King 3 PC Duvet Cover set By Royal Hotel Collection, 95 GSM, 100% Microfiber
Offered by Wholesalebeddings
Price: $89.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Delicate, January 22, 2013
Good product but the material is delicate and is easily damaged by contact with our cats claws, a piece of Velcro on our baby's blanket etc that causes the fabric to get pulls. We never had this problem with our previous all white cotton duvet cover...

The Other War: Winning and Losing in Afghanistan
The Other War: Winning and Losing in Afghanistan
by Ronald E. Neumann
Price: $21.57
79 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Foreign Service Officers - But Not For Me, April 26, 2010
I picked this up prior to a work trip to Afghanistan to better understand the current political situation, nation-building and counterterrorism efforts.

The Ambassador has written an excellent case study for Foreign Service Officers, policy-makers, and those who want to understand the nuts and bolts of nation-building in Afghanistan. It should be required reading at the Foreign Service Institute for those assigned to Afghanistan. It chronicled the day to day decisions an Ambassador makes like how to allocate funding, mediate among tribal leaders and negotiate with Washington for resources.

However, for someone wanting a broad overview like me, it was a little too in the weeds. For a broader overview, I'm going to next try reading "In the Graveyard of Empires."

Gordon
Gordon
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $13.58
234 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The classic BNL cd to own, July 8, 2001
This review is from: Gordon (Audio CD)
This is the CD that hooked me on BNL. My college roommate owned Gordon. One day I popped it in while I was studying. By the time it was over I was hooked. I've been a devoted BNL fan ever since. The lyrics of this CD contain humor, sadness and tremendous variety.
Brian Wilson is the popular favorite. But I was particularly awed by the rich lyrics and raw emotion in the slow songs. #6 "Wrap Your Arms Around Me" and #12 "Blame It on Me" are tender classics. #13 "The Flag" is the bittersweet tale of a couple's fateful argument and the "rules" of their relationship.

Maroon
Maroon
Offered by insomniacsonline
Price: $5.99
457 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the perfect time of year, somewhere far away from here, July 8, 2001
This review is from: Maroon (Audio CD)
This CD grabs you from the start. #1 Too Little Too Late is fast and fun. #6 "Conventioneers" is a masterpiece-the pitiful saga of two co-workers who hook up at a convention and regret it later. The lyrics are clever and leave you laughing after you've already heard it 20 times. #7 "Sell, Sell, Sell" is a thoughtful look at the shallowness of the film industry. Both #9 "Baby Seat" and #10 "Off the Hook" are mellow songs about women who date low-lifes.
This is a fun CD with deep lyrics. Critics who dismiss BNL as a lightweight pop band haven't listened to their lyrics in any depth. This band has the rare blend of intelligence, wit and talent. This latest CD proves it yet again.

Rock Spectacle
Rock Spectacle
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $9.99
357 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It's raining macaroni!, July 8, 2001
This review is from: Rock Spectacle (Audio CD)
"The bare naked what?" my parents said the first time I mentioned the band. The BNL consists of Tyler Stewart, Steven Page, Ed Robertson, Jim Creggan and Kevin Hearn.
In a field of one-hit-wonder alternative bands, the Barenaked Ladies have a unique acoustic style in concert which isn't as apparent in hearing their radio hits.
The Rock spectacle is a LIVE cd consisting of BNL's best-loved classics. If you're a new BNL fan, THIS is the CD with which to start your journey.
Everyone loves "Brian Wilson" and "If I had a million dollars"- which brings raining macaroni from concert-goers when it's done live. But other classics are the tender "Break your Heart" and "Jane", and the creative "Farmer" and Hello City."
"Uncle Elwyn", a spontaneous rap, shows you how BNL loosens up and shows their well-known creativity in concert.
This album is a classic you'll play again and again.

Stunt
Stunt
Offered by insomniacsonline
Price: $6.99
759 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Ed and Tyler strike gold again, July 8, 2001
This review is from: Stunt (Audio CD)
This CD is another classic of BNL genius. The BNL songs that make it as singles on the radio like "One week" do no justice to this band's talent.
Ed and Tyler's lyrics are funny, original, creative and intelligent...a rare combination among today's groups.
This album showcases BNL's serious side with "I'll be that girl" and some funny hits like "Leave" and the Fraternity classic "Alcohol". My personal favorite is the off-beat "In the car", a daring song that considers an old fling and how it ended.
For avid BNL fans, you'll love this album. For new BNL fans, I would suggest you start with Gordon, Born on a Pirate Ship, or the Greatest hits, to get a flavor for BNL first. If you go by what you hear on the radio, it's not really representative of the quality of this band.

White Ladder
White Ladder
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $6.78
413 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Electrifying, July 4, 2001
This review is from: White Ladder (Audio CD)
I was riding through Northern Ireland on a back-packer's bus tour when our bus driver played this gem of a CD.
I thought "Babylon" was a one-hit wonder song. No way. Once I heard the songs "Sail away" and "This years love", I repented. I was initially nervous that it would fall to the fate of my Duncan Sheik CD...nice, but too mellow and sort of depressing after a while.
Au contraire, this CD is electrifying. From the first song to the last, this CD charges me every time I hear it (which has been daily since I bought it.)
Everyone takes their own meaning away from these songs. Our Irish bus driver in Northern Ireland felt that "Nightblindness" reminded him of the plight of Irishmen who were starving during the potato famine. "Sail Away" reminded him of his goal of moving to New Zealand with his girlfriend.
I've found my own meaning to these songs. You will too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3