Profile for A. T. Fluerty > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. T. Fluerty "Dazedanconfuzed" RSS Feed (New Zealand)

Santana 3
Santana 3
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $17.52
44 used & new from $0.85

5.0 out of 5 stars will the real Carlos please stand up., June 16, 2010
This review is from: Santana 3 (Audio CD)
I hadnt listened to this album for twenty years till just recently when I picked it up second hand and gave it a spin.Memories flooded back and all I can say is will the real Carlos please stand up cause the one we have now isn't a patch on the Carlos of old, give us back the old Carlos PLEASE.
If you like the present Carlos you may want to give this a miss but if you're wild at heart then this will show you the passion and fire Carlos once had, Neal Schon pushed Santana to the edge, dueling it out lick for lick and what we have gentle souls is quality music still sounding as fresh as it was when they did laid it down.if you decide to give it some of your time I'm sure you'll find the whole album very rewarding.

Joe Bonamassa - Live at Rockpalast
Joe Bonamassa - Live at Rockpalast
DVD ~ Joe Bonamassa
Price: $14.89
38 used & new from $3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoking Joe, September 29, 2006
Smoking Joes comes straight off the ropes with all pistons firing thats it folks... enuff said.

PS had no trouble with a very rich DTS S.T.

Dixie Dregs: Live at the Montreux Jazz Festival 1978
Dixie Dregs: Live at the Montreux Jazz Festival 1978
DVD ~ Dixie Dregs
3 used & new from $13.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Energy Plus, July 19, 2005
I remember watching a program about the Dodge Viper and right at the beginning the designer said something to this effect (If this doesn't excite you check your pulse you may be dead)
Well this DVD is the same, if this concert doesn't turn your crank and you believe you are a Dixie Dregs fan then perhaps you should redefine the word fan, cause brother this concert takes off.
The last Steve Morse /Dregs DVD received very mixed reviews because of the poor sound quality and the camera man on the night was annoyingly out of focus.
I have had to edit this review because I have decoverd that I have the cruise control version of the first DVD and on looking more closely have found that the sound was completely redone for this PAL version so if you can find the Cruise Control version grab it, the sound isn't to bad at all.
Now I find I cant comment on the original DVD however some reviewers were so lame that they need to be concentrating on reviewing music they appreciate or understand. One reviewer wrote" I love rock and this is not rock" and he was right the Dregs don't do rock, he should have scrubbed his review and got into something he knew a little about.
Others went on to state that Steve Morse wasn't pronounced enough, that may seem a fair comment if it was all about Steve but it wasn't The Dregs is the Dregs NOT Steve Morse All you have to do is listen to any early Dregs and you will discover that The dregs is not a basic guitar loud band.
On this new DVD If the camera has a love affair with any one band member it would be Allen Sloan ,this guy takes enthusiasm to a new level, in fact you would have to go a long way to see a band so wrapped up in their music than this band.
This concert was recorded in 1978 and it shows picture wise but the sound is quite good considering the age, however again this is the Dregs concert and Not Steve Morse so Steve is not center stage loud and proud he is amongst what I consider one of the Tightest Bands around . In 1978 Steve's was hardly know as the guitar hero he was to become All the musicians in this band are absolutely excellent. This band has flown under the wire their entire career, why I don't know for me they are my fav band and deserve better support.
Buy this DVD if you like the Dregs don't worry about the 70s look it's the music that speaks for itself.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2009 6:38 AM PDT