Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Patrick M. McCauley > Reviews

Browse

Patrick M. McCau...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Patrick M. McCauley RSS Feed (Ann Arbor, MI USA)

Victorian Interior Decoration: American Interiors : 1830-1900
Victorian Interior Decoration: American Interiors : 1830-1900
by Gail Caskey Winkler
53 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD BOOK FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO DO IT RIGHT!, November 27, 2000
I voluteer at an 1844 farm in Ann Arbor, MI. I have been researching paint colors and wallpaper for a sitting room and this book was the best source I have found. There is good descriptions of the tastes and styles of each time period as well as some pictures that really show what they are talking about. More pictures would have been helpful, but it's good book for those looking to do true historic restoration. My one problem with the book is the lack of paint colors. It will say, "they used to paint the rooms blue-green, grey or yellow" but the book doesn't show what these colors looked like or even what the color range to begin in. That is my only criticism. If you are looking to be completely accurate with your restoration more work and research would be required, but this book is the best place to start.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2012 2:34 PM PST

Stephen Foster Song Book
Stephen Foster Song Book
32 used & new from $0.72

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite CDs, August 8, 2000
This is one of the best recordings of historic American music that I have heard, along with Joel Cohen's "Liberty Tree." The arrangements and interpretations of the songs are very beautiful. Some of the banjos are cheesy, but it is much much better than every other Foster recordings that I have heard. If you are in the mood to hear great music of Antebellum America, than I highly recommend this CD to you. You won't regret it!

Liberty Tree: Early American Music 1776-1861
Liberty Tree: Early American Music 1776-1861
25 used & new from $0.33

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Album For Historic Music Fans, August 8, 2000
This is by far the best recordings of historic American music that I have come across. The arrangements are beautiful for all the songs. Chester and Dormant are my two favorites. In addition, the information and background for all the songs is given in the booklet. I found this to be very helpful and interesting. If you are sick of hearing historic songs being butchered by banjos, dulcimers and mandolines, and want to hear the real thing, than this is the album for you. I love this record!

Revolution [VHS]
Revolution [VHS]
VHS
Offered by Mixed Bag Media
Price: $13.28
20 used & new from $2.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a very good movie!, July 25, 2000
This review is from: Revolution [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I bought this movie with really high expectations, but I was very very disappointed! It is very rare that I feel like turning a movie off, but this was one of those cases. As a history major and somebody who is interested in early American history, I like just about every historical movie that I have recently seen(even Patriot, which was very sappy). Not this one. Patriot was a better movie and even Last of the Mohicans gives a better idea of the forces that pushed America to revolution. You can do better than this:)