Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Leonard Robison Aamodt > Reviews

Browse

Leonard Robison ...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leonard Robison Aamodt "- Robi Aamodt -" RSS Feed (Provo, UT USA)

Page: 1 | 2
The Pacific Season 1
The Pacific Season 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good, June 21, 2014
Band of Brothers is by far the best mini-series I have ever watched as well as the greatest depiction of the Second World War that I've seen. The Pacific comes tantalizingly close to its quality, and that is a major compliment! I just wish there were some Major Winters-esque character in this one as well.

FX Surf Head extreme texturizing Paste 4 oz
FX Surf Head extreme texturizing Paste 4 oz
Price: $4.47
11 used & new from $4.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Best bargain for the price, June 12, 2013
I use this gel with a small amount of pomade to keep my hair in place, but still soft. It works just as well as the $15 bottles from other brands (which are way smaller) so definitely worth the buy!

Crysis 3 [Download]
Crysis 3 [Download]
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great end to an amazing franchise!, June 12, 2013
Well, this is it. I waited years and years after playing the first Crysis to feed my hunger for stunning visuals, great gameplay, and intriguing storylines. Crysis 3 exceeded my expectations for every one of these categories:

1 - Visuals
When I heard that Crysis 3 would be using the same engine as Crysis 2, I was initially disappointed. The difference in graphic quality between the first and second installments of Crysis were incredibly apparent and it seemed as though the third installment wouldn't have that same leap, although once again, Crytek proved me wrong. Crysis 3 distances itself from it's predecessors with it's amazing lighting. The way the sun hits your visor makes you cry, and die, during the game because it's so breathtaking. When your gun passes lights, it bends around to create the rainbow effect just like in real life. These graphics CAN NOT be equaled in any other game.

2 - Gameplay
Once again, the introduction of the compound bow was startling for me. It seemed as though Crytek were taking a step back in their progression. I thought that same thing all the way until I started using the bow... then it became my closest friend. Sniping suddenly becomes a thing of the past, it's all about the bow and arrow now. Crytek contrasted Crysis 2's close-quarter combat with stunning open fields and complexes, filled with lots and lots of enemies to take down. At times the gameplay can get quite chaotic, but then again, that just makes the experience more realistic. Another upgrade from Crysis 2 is the re-introduction of the use of Ceph weaponry, as well as the streamlining of the more rare guns such as the L-Tag, Gauss Rifle, etc. (all of which were very rarely allowed in Crysis 2). In short, Crysis 3 did everything with their gameplay that we were hoping they'd do; they brought the fun from the original Crysis back and made it even more interesting!

3 - Storyline
I have always applauded the Crysis series for it's intriguing storyline. We all know that the alien invasion has been used endlessly in movies, videogames, books, and every other type of media possible, but somehow Crytek have been able to make it completely original about it. Crysis 3 has, by far, the most integral videogame storyline that I have ever encountered, with pages and pages of "data" that you can pick up to fill in the gaps between the first and second games. The Ceph are explained like never before in a very realistic way that makes me even wonder if they aren't out there right now, waiting to pounce on our planet like a plague. As the story unfolds in the game, and twists are revealed, the gamer becomes completely immersed in the futuristic reality of the earth and it's perilous state. The ending is very dramatic and fulfilling; it almost made me forget that I won't be seeing any new Crysis games in the future, almost... (although I can't wait to see what Crytek come up with next)

Top Gear (UK) Season 19
Top Gear (UK) Season 19
DVD
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great to be back, May 6, 2013
I'm so glad that Top Gear finally came back! There's not much else to say, if you know the show you know what I'm talking about.

Scars & Stories
Scars & Stories

4.0 out of 5 stars Listened to it a few times before accepting its greatness, April 4, 2013
This review is from: Scars & Stories (MP3 Music)
To be honest, The Fray didn't really move on with this album. It's sounds very similar to their previous stuff and I feel like there's a missed opportunity here. This being said, after a few days of trying it out I have found songs that I can get into, but I'm waiting for them to break the mold that they've set for themselves. If you like The Fray already, buy it for sure; it's a great album but not revolutionary.

Native
Native

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new sound!, April 4, 2013
This review is from: Native (MP3 Music)
Most people don't like when bands go "mainstream" but I think it can be a great opportunity to them. OneRepublic really did change their sound in this album, and it is great! Somehow they move on to a new, fresh sound so it doesn't seem like you're just listening to a re-release of Waking Up, and yet if you pay attention, you can still hear some great moments that remind you of their old days. There are very few albums that I would rate as 5 stars and this is one of them, a must buy!

Night Visions
Night Visions

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars, February 22, 2013
This review is from: Night Visions (MP3 Music)
Great music, worthy of the top charts for sure. I just want more of it; when's the next album coming out, guys?

Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini HDMI to HDMI Male to Female Adapter
Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini HDMI to HDMI Male to Female Adapter
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $5.99
3 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, February 22, 2013
Works like a charm, haven't had any problems related to this piece. Need I say more? Definitely a good buy.

The 2nd Law [Explicit]
The 2nd Law [Explicit]
Price: $9.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Muse strikes again [Disclaimer: I give this album 4.5 stars for sure], February 22, 2013
This review is from: The 2nd Law [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
I've always loved Muse. While this album appears to be quite different from their previous ventures, I thought it was a great leap forward for them. I love hearing new and different music from bands and this definitely hit the sweet spot! I'm not giving 5-stars simply because to earn that, I have to really be blown away; as a musician, I don't really believe that music can achieve a perfect score so 4.5 is as high a rating as I can truthfully give. Great job guys, can't wait for more!

Little Voice
Little Voice
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, just a bit boring, February 22, 2013
This review is from: Little Voice (MP3 Music)
I got this album because I wanted to see what else Sara had besides Love Song (One-hit wonders usually have some good stuff that no one caught on to). There were a few other songs worthy of a 5-star rating, but only one or two. The rest of the album seems to consist of filler songs, still good stuff though, a worthy buy for $2.99

Page: 1 | 2