Profile for Matthew R. Reynolds > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew R. Reynolds "mister_r_" RSS Feed (Loganville, Georgia United States)

Seinfeld Seasons 1-6 Pack
Seinfeld Seasons 1-6 Pack
DVD ~ Jerry Seinfeld
10 used & new from $49.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Seinfeld, March 19, 2006
This review is from: Seinfeld Seasons 1-6 Pack (DVD)
This was a great purchase and a must have for any fan of the series. Other than just reliving the hilarious moments,the extras that come with the DVD (outtakes, bloopers, interviews, deleted scenes, commentary) makes this a complete Seinfeld experience that all will enjoy. Again, a must have for fans and a more than better introduction to the new or casual fan!

Contraband
Contraband
250 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock and Roll LIVES!!!, July 3, 2004
This review is from: Contraband (Audio CD)
Oh My GOD I can not believe some of the negative criticism this album is getting. I can not understand nor fathom where this would come from. Maybe because music fans are allowing themselves to be subjected and manipulated by the pu**y rock being put out these days. Everyone knows that the best rock was put out in the 80's/early 90's from Van Halen, Guns N Roses, STP, Aerosmith, etc. Ever since the day GNR left the music scene it hasn't been the same. Nirvana and STP kept rock and roll alive, but couldn't save a dying breed. When I first heard that Weiland was joining the former members of Guns N Roses the hair on my back stood up. In one thought I realized the potential and how much success this band could potentially have.....IF......Weiland could keep his drug addicted self out of rehab. On the other hand my pessismistic side said that no way this group of dysfunctional musicians will keep it together. The latter remains to be seen, but I have to admit that this is the best album I have probably heard in at least 5 years. In a way it is confusing because some songs sound exactly like an STP song, and some sound like a classic GNR song. Not that either is bad, just that it makes it hard to see an undestictable identity. Honestly that doesn't bother me at all since I loved both groups and the music they made. Both were different in sound, but both were entertaining and enjoyable to listen to. Contraband is a combination of music styles that sounds familiar only revved up like this is the last chance for them. After hearing this album, there is no such thing as a last chance unless some certain members can not keep themselves out of rehab. I can honestly say that I have never listened to an album that I have enjoyed every song on it, but there is a first for everything and this is IT!! I am not saying every song is the best ever written and played, but every song is enjoyable. This album grabs you by the balls from the very first song and doesn't let you go! Every song is worth listening to and I can't understand any criticism it gets. The best rock album of the last 5 years and hopefully more good things to come from them in the future. A MUST HAVE if you like Rock N Roll!!

Equilibrium
Equilibrium
DVD ~ Christian Bale
Offered by emilyb
Price: $17.05
185 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Performance By Bale, July 14, 2003
This review is from: Equilibrium (DVD)
While this movie got hardly any support or promotion (only reason I heard of it was through a review at Entertainment Weekly when it came out on DVD) I was pleasantly surprised and pleased that I picked this up to rent. I honestly don't know why it didn't get promoted more and why it didn't at least have any kind of word of mouth out on the street. Christian Bale turns in another outstanding performance like he did in American Psycho. Whether you liked American Psycho or not, you have to admit his performance was top notch in that movie. Personally I liked it and I liked this movie. I think Bale has the "stonefaced/unemotional" act down to a science, but showed off that he has greater range than just that in his arsenal. The supporting cast was good in this movie and the action when shown was fast, furious, and very exciting. Overall I would recommend this movie to anyone looking for a very solid entertaining film with a good message. The action/drama/acting is all good and is definitely worth viewing!

Dark Blue
Dark Blue
DVD ~ Kurt Russell
Offered by Sunday River
Price: $13.99
301 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad To See Kurt Back!, July 13, 2003
This review is from: Dark Blue (DVD)
It's been a while since I have heard the phrase "Kurt Russell's latest movie" and I am glad to say that hopefully this will propell him back into the mainstream again. I have always been a fan of Kurt's movies. He is always been able to pull off goofy and toughguy at different times (heck, sometimes even in the same movie). This movie is more toughguy than anything else though. If you want to know the plot, read other reviews. Basically all I want to say is that the movie was good and the acting all around was outstanding. Kurt turned in a fantastic performance and showcased a lot of ranging emotions throughout the movie. In my opinion, one of his better all around performances given the complexity of his character. The supporting cast was outstanding and the script was very good. For those looking for a high octane shoot'em up flick, this isn't it. It is more a drama than anything else with some action splashed in. A very good drama though. Well worth the money to rent! The story and performances were great. Watch it today!!............Kurt is BACK!

One by One
One by One
Price: $8.69
167 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Done, Done and I'm on to the next one!, October 28, 2002
This review is from: One by One (Audio CD)
These are the lyrics Dave Grohl screams in the first song of the album. In my case, the next one is the next go around as I listen to this cd one more time. The first song on this album "All My Life" pretty much kick starts this great album and summarizes the nature of the album within the first 40 seconds. It starts off with a quiet Dave Grohl softly speaking lyrics before the song takes a turn and jumps into a guitar thrashing, head banging, jump around catchy song. By the last minute and a half of the song you can't help but lose control of yourself and body and could possibly find yourself jumping madly around like you were in a mosh pit. Now mind you, I am a mild mannered 31 year old man who hasn't partaken in a mosh pit since my early 20's so that should speak volumes for the song. The song drifts back and forth from tame to wild seamlessly and smoothly. The rest of the album stays in the same format and offers a variety from ballads to catchy sing alongs that keep you interested and into the music without becoming bored. All in all the album is terrific and I was pleasantly surprised when I listened to the whole thing. Not that I wouldn't expect a quality album from these guys, but just didn't expect it to stand out as much as it did. From start to finish this is an album I would recommend to anyone who enjoys their music with that punk/rock flavor and without all the "corporate polishing" that tends to keep many groups and albums from being true to themselves and fans. A must have!

Silver Side Up
Silver Side Up
Price: $5.00
384 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasant Surprise, February 20, 2002
This review is from: Silver Side Up (Audio CD)
Honestly I had not heard anything by this group other than "How You Remind Me" which is played constantly on the radio. I loved the song! I have heard the groups name mentioned numerous times and have noticed that they get a lot of publicity. I knew their new album was having success so I was curious to hear it for myself and see what this band was all about and what all the talk was about. Obviously going into this I had no expectations and no previous knowledge of any of their past works. I took a chance and bought the album and put it in. The fist song "Never Again" comes out rocking and I fell in love with it instantly!! I think it is my favorite song on the whole cd. I thought to myself that if the rest of the cd is like this than it is going to really rock. It took me awhile to stop listening to the first two songs and hear the rest of the album, but once I did I found that I really liked it! Not every song is the best or most catchy, but overall it is a very good album. I guess if you are tired of grunge rock then you won't be satisfied with this album and will be like many others and criticize it. If you don't like grunge/alternative music then don't buy it. If you do though, it is a very easy listen and many songs will grab a hold of you and you'll find yourself singing the hooks in your head even when you aren't listening to it. I get tired of people criticizing an album because it isn't what they want to listen to. If you don't want to listen to it, then don't!! Don't criticize a band just because you don't like the type of music they play or if you think the style/type is outdated. If you think that, then don't listen to the group. At least objectively critique the group for what they have put out. In my opinion a very good grunge/alternative album that is worth the money spent on it and more. I am not going to say that every song will be your cup of tea, but overall the album entertains and keeps you singing along which in my opinion is exactly the reason to buy any cd!!

Rock Star
Rock Star
Price: $11.16
87 used & new from $1.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Says You Can Never Go Back??, February 3, 2002
This review is from: Rock Star (Audio CD)
I remember when the movie trailer for this film came out and I thought that the soundtrack was going to be pretty good. I never did think much about it again until I rented the movie the other day. Just hearing the clips played in the movie was enough for me to take a chance and go out and buy the soundtrack. I can't state enough how much fun this album is. The oldies thrown in there (Kiss, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Ted Nuggent, Inxs) are nice trips back down memory lane, but the music by the fictional band Steel Dragon in the movie makes this a must own album. Wow, what a lot of fun!! Made me feel like I was back in the 80's headbanging to all my favorite big hair metal bands again. I know those days have past us by, but at least for as long as the album lasts, you get sent back in the wayback machine and remember how much fun the music was back then.

Weathered
Weathered
Offered by insomniacsonline
Price: $6.05
465 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Overhyped?? Maybe.......Solid?? YES, February 3, 2002
This review is from: Weathered (Audio CD)
Ok, I'll start off by saying that this is the first Creed album I have bought. I loved "My Sacrifice" so much that it made me want to go out and hear what else this group had to offer. I never owned their last album.....why should I have?? Just about every song got played everyday on the radio. I can't compare this album to any of the previous ones since I never owned them. My first time listening to this album I felt a little disappointed. The more I have listened to it though, the more I have gotten into it. I am not going to say that this is a must have album and by owning it it is going to change your life one way or the other. What I will say is that if you like the band, then it isn't a waste of money to own this album. Maybe the band hasn't changed its formula radically like people are screaming for them to. My point is why should they?? Look at the success they have had with what they have done so far. When this formula gets old and people stop buying their albums then maybe it might benefit them to try something different. From what I have seen and heard, sales certainly aren't hurting the band now. People scream for musical diversity all the time and musical growth, and then when bands make those strides and changes, they turn around and criticize them for it. Perfect example of a double edged sword. All I can say is that if you liked the previous efforts by Creed, then you won't be disappointed in this effort, it is similar. Fanatics are going to rave and glorify this effort as their best effort ever, just like they will their next effort. Critics will slam them and reject this effort just like they will in future efforts. If you don't like the band don't buy the album and criticize them. If you do, this is a solid effort that won't leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Sinister Urge
Sinister Urge
Price: $9.65
144 used & new from $0.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Short, but Sweet, November 25, 2001
This review is from: Sinister Urge (Audio CD)
From all the reviews I have read, everyone complains about the length (or lack thereof) this album. I must admit that I am also a little let down by the shortness of this, but if you are a fan of Zombie you still will enjoy the music. The first thing I noticed about this album is that it is more polished and sounds more cleaned up for the "general population" than Hellbilly Deluxe. The songs are enjoyable and fun to listen to, (you still will catch yourself slamming your head back and forth) but for some reason it doesn't sound like vintage Rob. It almost seems like he is being held back and was urged to "tone it down a little". Regardless of those two criticisms I still enjoy the album and find it enjoyable to listen to. The sound is different than previous albums, but then again, who wants to always hear the same thing all the time from their favorite groups. If you are a Zombie fan and like his music than you will still enjoy this. Just try not to compare it to past works (I know, easier said than done) and just enjoy the music for what it is, catchy, fluid, bouncy, and just fun. It still rocks and still is great cd to throw on at a party or while driving in the car.

American Psycho (Unrated Version)
American Psycho (Unrated Version)
DVD ~ Christian Bale
Offered by Drennor
Price: $14.49
97 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good For What It Is, April 27, 2001
Come on, all you people that are disappointed by this movie went in with a closed mind!!! If you go into seeing this with the mind set that you are going to see your typical Hollywood horror movie, then you ARE going to be disappointed. Instead, go into this with an open mind and just watch it and try to understand it for what it is. I can't say what that is because that is up to the indvidual watching it to decide! I am sure at this point you are saying HUH??? Trust me, just watch it and you'll understand what I am saying by the end. I know I am going to stir up a lot of controversy by my next statement, but I wouldn't say it unless I meant it. CHRISTIAN BALE gives one of the BEST performances I have ever seen by an actor. Yes that is a strong statement, but I can't stop thinking about this movie and how he ABSOULETELY NAILED his performance. His character was not an easy one to portray and the whole time I watched it the first two times, I couldn't get over how well he portrays this character. While Tom Hanks gets a lot of accolades for his performances, I think a lot of his performances reflect his personality into the character. This character that Christian portrays is complex, dark, and emotionless on the inside yet outgoing and extremely educated on the outside and Christian performs both sides to absolute perfection. The whole time you watch him you just marvel at how well he pulls off everything he does. The rest of the characters within the movie really don't contribute much other than a supporting cast. Christian is the star and what makes this movie what it is. Is the movie disturbing in parts??? Yes! Is it sexist??? Yes!! Do the characters display superficiality??? Yes!! All of this though itertwines into the story and helps add humor to it by making fun of the 80's "ME" decade. This movie is branded a dark comedy but don't go into thinking you are going to see "Weekend at Bernies" type humor. This movie isn't for everybody, but if you have an open mind and don't go into it with any expectations, you should enjoy it for the type of movie it is and for the acting performance you are about to see. The ending is enough alone to make you watch and want to see it again!