Profile for Deane Clark > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Deane Clark RSS Feed (Minneapolis, MN)

Bellwether Forma Men's Bib Short - Medium, Black
Bellwether Forma Men's Bib Short - Medium, Black
Offered by Bike Nashbar
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite bibs, October 28, 2012
Found these at a local bike shop and they fit better than the big-buck bibs they had, so I bought them. I'm 6'2" and about 185 lbs and the medium fits great. I wouldn't call the feel compressive, but I don't look for that. The flat-lock seams are nice, and the legs don't ride up during a ride. The pad at first seemed a little bulky for my taste, but at least it tends to fold along the center (front to back) seam, so it doesn't bunch up like some I've tried on. During a ride the pad is great - I don't notice it at all, it just works. The fabric is not as slick as typical Lycra - it has a texture to it and feels smoother in one direction than the opposite. I guess that's the "ribbed surface" the description mentions. I can't think of any way to tell if it is a benefit to me, but I don't mind it at all.

Gore Bike Wear Men's Power 2.0 Bibtights Short, Black/White, Large
Gore Bike Wear Men's Power 2.0 Bibtights Short, Black/White, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Look great, fit great, pads not quite where I need them, October 28, 2012
I got the size L (I'm 6'2" 185 lbs) and the fit is great. Not compressive though, just comfortable. The leg bands stay in place - no riding up. The flat-lock seams are nice. The pad is not super bulky, which is how I prefer it. However, the pad is also not quite wide enough for me and my seat. I have a more "comfort" type seat, and I think that makes the pressure points wider apart. With these bibs, the pressure points are very near the edge of the thickest part of the pad. After about 15 miles I start to feel that edge. It's not painful, just a little annoying. If your seat is narrower, the pads might be just where they need to be.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2014 6:30 PM PST

Pearl Izumi - Ride Elite Thermal Toe Cover
Pearl Izumi - Ride Elite Thermal Toe Cover
Price: $11.17 - $27.54

2.0 out of 5 stars Not big enough for large shoes, October 28, 2012
Bought the L/XL size at a local store. I have size 47 PI cycling shoes and these barely fit on the shoes. Wore them on a 16 mile ride at about 45 deg. They did their job, but when I got home I found one of them had split along a seam. So, despite being the largest size as far as I am aware, they are not big enough for a size 47 shoe.

Canon 15x50 Image Stabilization All Weather Binoculars w/Case, Neck Strap & Batteries
Offered by Emmy Photo
Price: $1,129.99
16 used & new from $895.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 29, 2008
I have had these for a few years now, and they still work great. I use them mostly for keeping an eye on the world outside my office window. They are a bit heavy, and they go through batteries fast. Get NiMH AA rechargeables and you'll be glad you did. One oddity - they do not come with objective lens caps, so if you keep them outside their case, it's best to store them standing on the objective end. Luckily they are very stable this way on a table or shelf.

Edit Oct 28, 2012:
Still love these, but I've decided they work better with lithium batteries. NiMH AA's do not put out a full 1.5v (I think they are actually 1.2v) and this is just barely enough to run the image stabilization consistently. I found that with the NiMH's the binocs would sometimes shut off unexpectedly, or stop working even when the batteries were freshly recharged.

Belkin TuneBase FM Transmitter with ClearScan for iPod
Belkin TuneBase FM Transmitter with ClearScan for iPod
Offered by CLICK AND SAVE
Price: $19.99
19 used & new from $5.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK with cheap addition, April 5, 2008
I just picked this up at a local store (since I anticipated having to return it) and initially it did not impress me much. The radio antenna in my truck is in a rear side window, so the fm broadcast strength of these units is usually not enough to sound bearable (based on the way this and a previous competing product worked). However, I discovered that if I merely rested my hand on the gooseneck, my body acted as an extension antenna and the sound became bearable. Since the unit has an aux out jack on the bottom, I decided to try plugging in my six foot mini-plug to RCA adapter cable that I use to listen to the iPod with my home stereo. To my delight, it also acts as an extension antenna and the sound is much better with it plugged in. I lay it out between the front seats into the back seat. The sound still is not perfect, but good enough that I will probably keep the Tunebase even though I paid $85.