Profile for Margaret > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Margaret RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Giro Women's Skyla Bike Helmet (White Tech Flowers, Universal Fit)
Giro Women's Skyla Bike Helmet (White Tech Flowers, Universal Fit)

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific helmet if you have a smaller head, March 29, 2015
As others have said, if you have a large head, this is not the helmet for you -- but I have a smaller head and it fits me well. It is fairly easy to adjust and the straps are secure, as has been my experience with Giro helmets (but not some others) in the past.

Reflective Cat Collar. Safety Release Buckle. Adjustable Cat Collar (Blue,)
Reflective Cat Collar. Safety Release Buckle. Adjustable Cat Collar (Blue,)
Offered by DogCollars
Price: $7.50

2.0 out of 5 stars flimsy buckle = lost collar, March 29, 2015
I chose this collar because it was both reflective and had a bell -- but it turns out the buckle was way too easy to release -- he cat lost it twice within a few weeks of wear. The first time I found it and the second time it was not recovered. I would not buy this collar again as it seems destined to fall off and get lost.

The Friendly Swede Silicone 7 LED Bike Light Set, White and Red
The Friendly Swede Silicone 7 LED Bike Light Set, White and Red
Offered by The Friendly Swede
Price: $15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Rain-damaged, March 29, 2015
These are NOT waterproof, which turned out to particularly harm the tail light within 1-2 weeks of use. The tail light gets mounted vertically on the seat post, which also means that there is a hole in the rubber casing facing up for water to run into. Or so I concluded when during the second week of use, the skies opened up and the tail light got stuck for hours in the on position. For a while it was just finicky - I couldn't always turn it off -- or on -- when I wanted. Then about a week later and more rain, it completely stopped working. I tried replacing the batteries but it seems the wiring may have shorted out. Meanwhile, the front light is still working 6+ months later. The only problem I have had with the front light is that it has fallen off the bike a time or two, once while riding and once while getting on the bike and brushing against it (easy-on = easy-off) . I expect the risk of popping off would be less likely to happen on a thicker handlebar tube, as the rubber loop would be stretched tighter. I had high hopes for this pair of lights when I bought the set but it has been a bit of a disappointment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2015 1:04 PM PDT

Kikkerland BB34 Bike Spoke Reflectors, 12-Pack
Kikkerland BB34 Bike Spoke Reflectors, 12-Pack
Price: $10.87

4.0 out of 5 stars decent but not perfect, March 29, 2015
These were challenging to snap onto my spokes, which may vary by bike, I suppose. My main critique is that a few of them have broken off an inch or two. Not sure how that happened -- perhaps they partially popped off because they were so tight and snapped in the process? Also, needless to say, these are less reflective when they get dirty....but I'm still glad to enhance visibility any way I can and having reflective spokes is one way to do that.

Nite Ize Spokelit Bicycle Light (Red)
Nite Ize Spokelit Bicycle Light (Red)
Price: $6.99
81 used & new from $6.80

3.0 out of 5 stars came with low battery - works fine after battery replacement, March 29, 2015
This review is from: Nite Ize Spokelit Bicycle Light
It was much dimmer on arrival than I had expected....but after replacing the battery it is much improved. Would have expected a fresh battery when it was new.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return
Price: $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., March 29, 2015
So far so good.

aLLreli® 6FT Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable | Mini DP to HDMI | Thunderbolt Compatible | Full HD 1080p | 24k Gold Plated Connectors | Video+Audio - White 1.8 Meters 6 feet
Offered by aLLreLi
Price: $12.99
4 used & new from $8.99

adidas Performance Women's Marathon 10 W Running Shoe, Black/White, 8.5 M US
adidas Performance Women's Marathon 10 W Running Shoe, Black/White, 8.5 M US

2.0 out of 5 stars top of heel rubs Achilles raw, March 29, 2015
Adidas Marathon running shoes have been my go-to running shoes for a number of years so I thought I could confidently order them online. However, I am disappointed that on this particular version, unlike my last several pairs, the top of the heel is curved up in such a way that it rubs my Achilles tendon raw. That part of the shoe is very stiff, so I don't hold great hope that this is going to break in and improve over time. I love everything else about these shoes -- the mostly black design is great too -- but I have to think twice before putting them on as to how long I will be wearing them because of the pain they induce. The cut only causes a problem for me on one foot, so perhaps others can wear these without harm, but if Adidas had just kept with the prior shape, it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Giro Verona Bike Helmet White/Silver Modernist Womens Sz Adjustable
Giro Verona Bike Helmet White/Silver Modernist Womens Sz Adjustable
Offered by Dj's Boardshop
Price: $21.53
11 used & new from $14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a regular bicycle commuter so glad not to have hassels with my helmet straps, February 6, 2015
Yes it's on the small side as others have noted, but so is my head. This is the second Giro helmet I have owned and unlike another helmet of a different brand where the straps were always slipping and requiring frequent readjustment, this Giro (as with the previous one) I can put right on and go. I'm a regular bicycle commuter so glad not to have hassels with my helmet straps. It fits well and stays in place. This is a great helmet for the price for anyone who fits it.

Bell Catalyst 200 Pocket Bike U-Lock, Black
Bell Catalyst 200 Pocket Bike U-Lock, Black
Price: $9.89

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate to cart it around -- so it lives on ..., February 6, 2015
I have a much bigger, heavier duty U-Lock but it weighs so much, I hate to cart it around -- so it lives on the rack where I lock it at work. In contrast, this little Bell Catalyst 200 Picket Bike U-Lock is highly portable, so I'm much more likely to have it with me when on the go. It is very small, which limits how and what you can lock to -- but it is a great option for the purpose described and much more secure than alternative lock types that would also be compact and relatively lightweight.

Page: 1 | 2