Profile for C. Purdy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 146

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Purdy RSS Feed (Somerville, MA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Premium Loose Leaf Tea Infuser By Schefs - Stainless Steel - Single Cup - Perfect Strainer for Loose Leaf Tea
Offered by Aspire2 Shops
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal tea strainer for a cup of tea, February 19, 2015
Given as a gift for a frequent tea drinker. Immediately appreciated: Quality, usability, solidness of design, and ability to keep the leafy bits inside.

Moen 114341BN Kingsley Handheld Shower Wand, Brushed Nickel
Moen 114341BN Kingsley Handheld Shower Wand, Brushed Nickel
Price: $87.61
3 used & new from $61.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement., February 19, 2015
Good news: The handle is made out of metal, not plastic. The round "face" is plastic, and the small nozzles are all a rubber-like (silicone?) substance.

Water flow: Good flow, and uses noticeably less water than the hand-held that it replaced. The pattern is "straight", as in: Each nozzle shoots water straight out, and the nozzles are all arranged pointing in the same direction, so the water pattern is an exact projection of what the black nozzles on the face of the hand-held look like.

Includes: Just what you see in the picture. No hose or anything like that.

Summary: Well made. Attractive. Works well.

Quoizel TFBF348VB Belle Fleur Island/Billiard Hanging Tiffany Light, Vintage Bronze
Price: $988.56
25 used & new from $818.35

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe if they shipped a new one instead of the same broken one?, December 11, 2014
As the other review mentioned, the light came damaged. In fact, it was probably one of the ones that he returned, since there were literally three other shipping labels to different buyers under the label to me. The damage was obvious, with a combination of broken glass (not repairable by mere mortals), broken leading (probably could be fixed by hand with a heat gun and some patience), and pretty badly damaged packaging.

The light itself would have been very nice had it not been so damaged. Probably 4 stars (typical Chinese leaded glass quality -- not great, but good enough.) Given the fact that they could not replace the light, they apparently have one left in stock, so I pity the fool that buys it and has to go through the same return process that at least four of us have already gone through.

Arc Square Pop-up Floor Box Brass 665554-C W/20A Tamper Resistant Receptacle
Arc Square Pop-up Floor Box Brass 665554-C W/20A Tamper Resistant Receptacle
Offered by Top Greener Electric Supply
Price: $55.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely built, October 14, 2014
Heavy duty construction. Annoying (but required by code) safety type plugs. Design looked intelligent. Not installed yet, but should work well with a wood floor.

Pilot Namiki Standard Fountain Pen Ink, Black (69200)
Pilot Namiki Standard Fountain Pen Ink, Black (69200)
Price: $13.54
9 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's ink. Black ink., October 14, 2014
Works well for me in various pens. I'm not sure what else to say since I'm not an ink expert. (I normally use calligraphy ink, the kind you repeatedly dip the pen into, which is a slightly different animal from what I can tell.)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2014 7:51 AM PDT

Aurum Ultra Series - High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet 2 PACK (3 Ft) - Supports 3D & Audio Return Channel [Latest Version] - 3 Feet - 2 Pack
Offered by CABLE-MIX
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my need, October 14, 2014
Nothing special. They're HDMI cables. They work well. 1080p and all that. No complaints. I'm not using any of the super duper advanced features (Ethernet etc.)

Pilot Vanishing Point Collection Retractable Fountain Pen, Blue with Gold Accents, Blue Ink, Broad Nib (60366)
Price: $134.95
5 used & new from $134.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp looking. Nice balance., October 14, 2014
This was a gift for my mom. I like it so much I'm considering getting one for myself. Quite a sharp looking pen. Only weirdness is that the tip comes out the "top" (where the clip is) of the pen. I still like it. Very nicely appointed.

Cable Matters 2-Pack, 270 Degree HDMI Male to Female Adapter
Cable Matters 2-Pack, 270 Degree HDMI Male to Female Adapter
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Doing a 180, October 14, 2014
Two of these allowed me to take a cord that wanted to go <--- that way and let me make it go --> that way without having the cord bend around or stick out. In other words, I plugged a cord into one of these, and that one into the other, and that into the TV, giving the cord a 180 elbow. Worked great.

C2G / Cables to Go 40016 Velocity Right Angle Toslink Adapter
C2G / Cables to Go 40016 Velocity Right Angle Toslink Adapter
Price: $4.83
17 used & new from $2.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but perfect!, October 14, 2014
This thing saved my but with a cable that wouldn't fit behind my TV. I didn't realize this when I bought it, but this thing can rotate even after you plug it in! That made it so easy for me to get my cables to run just where I needed them to. Nice job!

Ziotek ZT1212597 Black 360-Degree Rotating 18-Inch Power Strip Liberator, 3-Pack
Price: $14.86
4 used & new from $14.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, October 14, 2014
Absolutely needed just this thing, and it works great! Here's what I like:
1) Plug is flat to plug into wall (handy behind a flat screen!)
2) Length is perfect for my needs
3) Plug rotates, so you can work it around another plug that doesn't rotate! Saved me!
Obviously this isn't rocket science, but it was well done, and I appreciate that!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15