Profile for Ethan Grimes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ethan Grimes RSS Feed (Owings Mills, MD)

Page: 1 | 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Glas.tR does not adhere to screen, November 7, 2013
Like many others, I had issues with my Glas.tR when I received it. I have applied numerous screen protectors to a wide range of devices and am far from novice.

That said, following the directions to the point, the Glas.tR would not adhere to the bottom left corner and had a couple of bubbles underneath it near the speaker grill and near the bottom. I had thought it was just me, but over the past few days, forum threads on XDA, Android Central, and RootzWiki have all lit up with people having issues with the Glas.tR. Now to be clear, the people who have purchased the Glas.t seem to have no issues, it appears to be limited to the Glas.tR series.

I emailed Spigen via the website and received a reply a day later asking for my order number and pictures. I had included my order number in the original email and had already removed the protector as I was uncomfortable with the risk of foreign material getting caught between the lower corner and the glass and causing damage. I replied to the email with my order number again and referred them to a couple of the forums with people having issues. I also copied a couple of the photos from the forums that were 100% identical to what I had (i.e. bubbles in EXACT same places) and told them they were not my photos but might as well have been taken by me.

That was day before yesterday and I still have yet to hear back again. I also purchased the Neo-Hybrid case due to glowing company reviews across different forums and found the case to not have a big enough usb hole for the bulk of my usb cables and the usb port has some sharp edges that tend to dig into my pinky as that is where it stays when I'm holding the phone. As a first time customer of Spigen, I admit some disappointment. I am not unsympathetic though, the first run of accessories for alot of new phones tend to come with some hiccups, I'm just hoping their customer service is able to start responding a little more quickly. Preferably I'd go with a fixed version of the Glas.tR series but honestly at this point I'd be happy just getting set up with a Glas.t and refund of the difference.

Regardless, it looks like a waiting game as company reps haven't acknowledged an issue with the Glas.tR series and have been dishing out advice to put something heavy on the phone screen to help it seat (fyi hasn't helped a couple of people who did it overnight just to remove the weight and see the left corner lift right back up) as well as leave it for a couple of days (also hasn't helped a few people who have tried that and only found the air bubbles to be getting bigger). With all the negative feedback from the Glas.tR series, I'd hope the company will admit a fault and start helping out the customers who purchased them.

SteelSeries 4HD Professional Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
SteelSeries 4HD Professional Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
Price: $25.47
57 used & new from $16.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising how much I like this!, September 4, 2013
I come from using a long line of hard mouse pads. I typically don't like soft mouse pads because they can fold and create bumps that are awkward when gaming. This one is a bit of a hybrid and it works fantastically. It is very comfortable to use, doesn't allow any uneven surfaces below to impact what is going on at the surface and stays very clean. This radically changed my preference for mousepads and I will definitely be looking to them the next time I need a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great frame!, September 4, 2013
Needed this to frame a poster I bought from a Youtube personality that I follow and it fit perfectly. The frame arrived in excellent condition and is good quality.

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner Duo 10.14 fl. oz. bottles
Offered by One41 beauty
Price: $25.89
35 used & new from $16.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for your hair, September 4, 2013
When I was in the Navy, I got my haircut at a salon one time simply because nothing else was around where I was stationed. In conversing with one of the stylists we got to talking about hair and she educated me on the difference between low quality store bought shampoos and conditioners and high quality ones. I picked up some American Crew brand name shampoo and conditioner and never looked back, it felt amazing on my scalp and got rid of the buildup from lower quality products. I used American Crew for years until I recently moved to Maryland. I found a Sports Clips and ended up trying this particular product. At the end of the day I don't feel like it does any more or less than the American Crew did but it is a little more accessible to me which prompted the switch. I definitely recommend this for any men interested in taking better care of themselves, it can certainly be a bit pricier, but you'll see and feel a difference.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 12:38 PM PST

5.0 out of 5 stars Blind boxes are fun!, September 4, 2013
Bought my first Blind Box a couple of weeks ago and all I can say is that it will now be a tradition for me and each of my paychecks. They're not expensive, they are authentic, and it's exciting to not know what you're going to be getting. I mentioned authentic because there are alot of fakes out there, this one matches up to the right box dimensions and the plastic has a bit of give to it, the box was also sealed and the silver foil inside was also sealed. Very happy with the purchase though.

OGIO Bandit 17 Day Pack, Large, Black
OGIO Bandit 17 Day Pack, Large, Black
Offered by Beach Audio
Price: Click here to see our price
9 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag!, September 4, 2013
First, I hadn't even really heard of Ogio before a couple years ago when I won an Nvidia branded duffelbag from them. When I got the duffel, it was amazingly high quality and I developed an instant appreciation for the brand. When my backpack recently broke and I needed to replace it, I sought out Ogio again and was a bit cautious at the price, had I not ever gotten the duffel and seen the quality before, I doubt I would have bought this backpack. That said, the backpack is on par with the same quality that was in the duffelbag. Large, strong zippers, solid seams, and durable materials. The backpack is very easy to work with and comfortable to wear. I'm fairly sold on buying Ogio for any kind of baggage needs from now on, great purchase!

Gillette Fusion Proglide Styler 3-In-1 Men's Body Groomer With Beard Trimmer
Gillette Fusion Proglide Styler 3-In-1 Men's Body Groomer With Beard Trimmer
Price: $18.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I need in one package, September 4, 2013
Having three different trimmer lengths and a razor head is ideal along with the trimmer. I've been using Gillette for awhile now and wanted to consolidate some of my grooming tools, this fit the bill perfectly.

Oz The Great And Powerful [HD]
Oz The Great And Powerful [HD]
DVD

2.0 out of 5 stars Really not what I was expecting., September 4, 2013
I would rate it one star but it feels like that would be a disservice to say that I hate it. I will simply say that what could have been an excellent re-imagining of the original ended up falling victim to pacing problems and character issues. I'm a huge fan of Zach Braff, James Franco, Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz. It feels like the entire production seemed to want to force the story rather than let it develop on its own and the actors were forced to work with it, which didn't end well. Zach Braff usually does some good comedy but here it felt very out of place with the rest of the events and James Franco unfortunately also felt very out of place. Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz seemed well placed and their performances were alright, but with the disjointed production it didn't help alot. Overall I wish the movie had been better as I had high hopes with the cast but was ultimately let down.

Belkin SurgeMaster 6 Outlet Wall-Mount Surge Protector
Belkin SurgeMaster 6 Outlet Wall-Mount Surge Protector
Price: $12.53
52 used & new from $8.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and convenient, September 4, 2013
My wife uses this to power a fishtank on our kitchen island and it works ideally. It doesn't take up alot of room on the wall, has some surge protection and is out of the way because it is compact. Exactly what we needed.

Lactase Drops 15 ml - Lactase Enzyme Supplement - 76 Servings - Safe for Infants
Offered by Seeking Health
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars These work great!, September 4, 2013
My two year old daughter is lactose intolerant (like myself) and for awhile we couldn't identify what she was consuming that was making her not hold down her food (started at about six months old). After a month or so and doctors not helping too terribly much, we finally narrowed it down to milk products and were recommended to try these exact drops. Wow, what a difference! We started giving her these and the problems went away. Over a year and a half later we still give her these and it lets her drink milk, eat cheese, whatever it is. Very thankful for them and they work perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2