Profile for BeachReader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 611

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BeachReader RSS Feed (Delaware)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A Man Called Ove: A Novel
A Man Called Ove: A Novel
by Fredrik Backman
Price: $15.62
83 used & new from $11.62

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, February 22, 2015
This will undoubtedly be one of my top books of 2015 and will stay with me for a long time. It had everything that I love in a book and more. I laughed and I cried and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. I hated when it ended. GREAT novel!

Hope's Perfect Countertop Polish, 22-Ounce
Hope's Perfect Countertop Polish, 22-Ounce
Price: $8.24
10 used & new from $2.11

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad purchase, October 9, 2014
Has to be polished off and then wiped again because it is streaky/greasy. I will stick with Clean EnCounters.

Iphone 5, Iphone 5s Pastel Watercolor Paint Box Set Case with Free Screen Protector! For the Artistic and Crafty Personalities.
Offered by Bodega on Madison
Price: $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute, October 9, 2014
So cute and hard to miss if it is sitting on a table!

Brushtech Kitchen Waste Food Disposal Brush  B36C
Brushtech Kitchen Waste Food Disposal Brush B36C
Price: $8.67
5 used & new from $5.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, October 9, 2014
Does exactly what is is supposed to do.

Small Blessings: A Novel
Small Blessings: A Novel
by Martha Woodroof
Price: $19.17
98 used & new from $4.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Why did I ever finish this?, October 9, 2014
Well, finishing it gave it one star. The other star is for Henry, the only character who interested me. What a bunch of misfits, sops, and weirdos! If this is typical of an American college, no wonder our educational system is in trouble! Professors teach one class and get free housing?!?!!? Huh? This was just a silly soap opera of a book.

God's Harvard: A Christian College on a Mission to Save America
God's Harvard: A Christian College on a Mission to Save America
by Hanna Rosin
Price: $14.94
102 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, March 8, 2014
Boring and poorly written. Too many words and too much jumping back and forth, a device that I really dislike.

I expected more. I am no fan of evangeliscism (or religion in general) nor of homeschooling.

The Trophy Wife
The Trophy Wife
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars terribly edited, February 28, 2014
This review is from: The Trophy Wife (Kindle Edition)
How could a "well-known" writer write something with so many errors in it? I am certain there was at least one error every other page. I got it from the library and people who read it before me actually penciled in corrections! The most error-laden book EVER! Insulting to readers.

The Mill River Recluse: A Novel
The Mill River Recluse: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.12

5.0 out of 5 stars This book kept me up late!, February 1, 2014
I read about this book and had to have it, but do not like reading on my Kindle, so I ordered it from a bookshop in London. When it arrived, I stopped reading another book and started it. Finished it in record time and hated when I got to the last page. Just a nice, warm, comforting story.....

Still Life with Bread Crumbs: A Novel
Still Life with Bread Crumbs: A Novel
by Anna Quindlen
Price: $19.18
315 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Anna, January 28, 2014
Your non-fiction writing is so much better and more satisfying to me as a reader. I could never wait for a new column to appear. And even though I had read them all, I still bought your books of columns.

This novel - not so thrilled with it. I did not love the other novels, but they were better than this one, for which I anxiously waited -- I wanted to love it.

I did finish this book (thus the two stars) but it was a struggle. I was so underwhelmed. There were the bones of a good story, but the "connective tissue" and the "flesh" were just not there. The writing rambled and I often found myself re-reading to figure out what you were trying to say. The characters (and the story itself) lacked depth. It just was such a disappointment.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2014 1:12 PM PST

Giada's Feel Good Food: My Healthy Recipes and Secrets
Giada's Feel Good Food: My Healthy Recipes and Secrets
by Giada De Laurentiis
Price: $22.24
143 used & new from $11.63

1.0 out of 5 stars Her worst, November 17, 2013
While I enjoy Giada's show and many of her recipes, I thought this so-called cookbook was dreadful. I am glad I got it from the library. It is pretty bad.

The book feels very contrived to me, as if she has come up with "healthy" recipes just to sell the book. And many of them sound dreadful. Not only that, but many call for ingredients that most people would not have in their pantry.

The silly "beauty" sections are skin, hair, makeup, yoga, my bag (purse), packing, eating out, nails, makeup, skin, acupuncture. She talks about "cleanses" and "detox" which I think are signs of eating problems

Her morning routine has a very suggestive photo. Did that pass the editors or was it a mistake? Her evening routine is silly.

What I could not help thinking as I read this, and looked at her tips, was "yeah, right, sure, it is easy to live like this when you have a *team* taking care of you."
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2014 4:10 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20