Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Justin Opinion > Reviews

Browse

Justin Opinion's Profile

Customer Reviews: 417

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Justin Opinion RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Duck and Turkey Formula Dog Food Roll, 4-Ounce
Price: $5.75
5 used & new from $1.89

1.0 out of 5 stars A ripoff at this price, December 2, 2015
I accidentally ordered this microscopic little food roll, thinking I was ordering the usual 2.5 lb. size. What a ripoff!!! Sure, it was my ordering mistake, but there is no way this tiny morsel is worth the price being charged.

TALON Grips 100R Rear Wrap Rubber Grip for Glock 43, Black Rubber, Left/Right
TALON Grips 100R Rear Wrap Rubber Grip for Glock 43, Black Rubber, Left/Right
Price: $19.51
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-have for Every Polymer Handgun!, August 19, 2015
This review is from: TALON Grips for Glock 43 (Sports)
Nearly every polymer framed handgun made is greatly improved by the addition of a Talon grip. The rubber grip is best for pistols that will be carried under clothing or next to the skin, as it offers excellent grip and comfort without the abrasive that can irritate skin and damage clothing. Installation of the Talon grip is a very simple process, just read and follow the instructions. The most important steps are to clean the frame with the provided alcohol wipe and let it dry - and to apply heat and press the adhesive into the polymer texture after applying. I have these on many, many guns and they will last a very long time if installed right. I can't recommend Talon grips enough - they are high quality, brilliantly designed, and very inexpensive. For pistols like the Glock 43, this grip adds additional safety by ensuring that you have maximum grip on the pistol in a stressful situation.

Nature Valley Soft Baked Protein Granola Bites, Blueberry Almond, 8.4 oz
Nature Valley Soft Baked Protein Granola Bites, Blueberry Almond, 8.4 oz
Price: $3.93
9 used & new from $3.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick nourishment when you're in a rush, August 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are just times when you're running out the door and have no time for breakfast, or lunch, or whatever. But you still need to have something at lease moderately decent for nourishment. Bars can be troublesome because they require opening the individual package and then they break apart and crumble (even the soft ones). But the Nature Valley Granola Bites really help fill the bill because I can pop one in my mouth, and I'm done. Two of these actually fully satisfies my hunger, even though they list the serving size as three. The ingredients are decent, and you can really taste the blueberries. They are just a wee bit on the dry side, and have more fat content than I'd like - but those minor complaints aside I really like them and think they are worth keeping on hand.

SnapSafe XXL Lockbox - High Capacity Storage Extra Large Handguns and Valuables
SnapSafe XXL Lockbox - High Capacity Storage Extra Large Handguns and Valuables
Offered by Snapsafe
Price: $27.00
3 used & new from $27.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for traveling, vehicle or home storage, August 9, 2015
The lock box is okay - it is the size and quality stated and the lock works fine. Biggest problem with mine is that there was no cable included. So, I have a locking box, but I can't secure it to any location. It reduces the value of the product tremendously.
This box is best suited for temporary storage, perhaps while traveling. It will meet the TSA requirements for placing inside a checked bag and transporting a handgun. It is "pry resistant" - but not "pry proof". A thief with any skill and the right tool will be able to break it open. Therefore, it is highly recommended to use this box as one layer of a security plan, and not as a sole solution.

UPDATE 8/23/15:
I contacted Snapsafe prior to an upcoming trip (the reason I had purchased the box) and informed them that I was missing the cable. They got one out to me that day with a two-day delivery and it arrived in time for my trip. That was excellent customer service! I used this box to check a handgun in my luggage, and when I declared the firearm, both the airline and TSA commented, "perfect" when they saw the lock box. While at my destination the box served as a travel safe, and the cable allowed me to secure it to something to make it harder to remove if discovered.
The foam is a little thin, and fearing that the gun would slide around inside and mar against the sides of the box, I added a layer of bubble-wrap. That situation would vary depending on the thickness of the gun - this was a thin Glock 43.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2015 9:41 AM PDT

Peltor Sport RangeGuard Electronic Hearing Protector
Peltor Sport RangeGuard Electronic Hearing Protector
Offered by Foundry35
Price: $58.41
17 used & new from $40.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable hearing protection I've ever used!, June 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I go to the shooting range every week, with rare exception. So I use hearing protection constantly and have a great deal of experience with many types and brands. I prefer over-the-ear protection for convenience and hygiene. I also consider electronic muffs a must have. If you are not familiar with using electronic ear muffs for hearing protection, you don't know what you're missing. The technology uses microphones (usually two) to amplify external sounds, but the instant a loud sound (like gunfire) is detected, it blocks the audio signal. How fast it does that, and how many decibels it blocks are indicators of the quality of the device.

The Peltor Sport RangeGuard is rated at 21 NRR (or decibels), which is a good degree of reduction - especially in this price range. But here's the thing - all electronic earmuffs work about the same and they all work good. So what distinguishes one from another? Comfort!! I have primarily used Howard Leight earmuffs for years, but one complaint I've always had was that they don't fully seal over shooting glasses or hat rims. Those small leaks reduce the protection, and also make the muffs uncomfortable. This is mostly due to a stiff vinyl used for the ear cups. The first thing I noticed with the Peltor muffs was how soft and pliable the ear cups are. I have tested them with and without all combinations of hat and glasses, and they provide a terrific seal. But more than that, they are ultra comfortable. If you shoot and spend hours at the range, you know how sore your head can get from the earmuffs pushing against a hat or glasses. I've worn these for four straight hours with very little discomfort, because they are so soft.

Like many other modern earmuffs, these collapse nicely inside the headband so that they fit into a small space for storage. The headband is also comfortable and padded. I have two minor complaints with the Peltor Sport RangeGuard, but not enough so to prevent me from giving them five stars. One is that the earmuffs constantly want to re-collapse while you're trying to fit them on, which can be a bit annoying. The second is the on/off-volume knob is awkwardly located and not easy to operate while wearing the earmuffs. Those are my two little gripes, but as I said not enough to take a way a star. They also have the common auto-shutoff feature to save you batteries. And they come with a cord that you can use to listen to music from your audio device or smartphone.

I find the Peltor Sport RangeGuard earmuff to be the best I've used in this price range. You have to spend a couple hundred dollars to do any better. These are now my go-to hearing protection and the others are for my guests at the range!

Miracle-Gro RTU24 Nature's Care Insecticidal Soap, 24 fl. oz.
Miracle-Gro RTU24 Nature's Care Insecticidal Soap, 24 fl. oz.
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the bugs off the plants in a clean and natural way, June 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have some flowers and bushes around our house that seem to always be under attack from tiny mites and similar insects, and by mid-summer they look terrible. Over the years, I've tried different solutions, including the "soap" type sprays with mixed results. I thought I'd give the Miracle-Gro solution a try, since I trust the name and use Miracle-Gro plant food with good results.
I was very pleased with how easily this soap spray coats the leaves and flowers and does not run off. At first I thought the spray was a little bit too heavy, but after a few minutes of use I decided it was a good amount to thoroughly cover the plant. There are a couple of different settings for the spray, but I prefer the widest to get more of a spray and less stream.
There is almost no smell to the product, unlike some I've used before. But note that I have used it only outdoors.
Results? After about a month, I have not been able to see any insects or mites on any of the plants that I treated with the Miracle-Gro soap, including a very fussy rose bush. They are all looking healthier than they usually do this time of year, now that we're into the hot days of late June with less rainfall.
I think this product lives up to the Miracle-Gro name, and it will be a product I keep on hand!

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Near perfect from day one - but it will still grow with you!, June 20, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
Length:: 0:31 Mins

Let's cut to the chase - why just four stars? Well, for starters that is still a very high rating by my scale. It just means there is still room for improvement, and I think there is. But let me get to that in a bit - first, here's a perspective from a casual user of the Echo, and someone who's had it since day one.

Echo is easy to setup and configure. Just follow easy instructions to get it on your wireless network, and you're done. Next, start exploring the Echo by asking questions, giving instructions, etc. I won't go through a laundry list of those here because I know other will, and they are subject to change. But what I have observed is that the voice recognition in the Echo is state of the art. It is very easy to understand Echo - and Echo easily understands me. No need to raise your voice or over-articulate... just speak normally from anywhere in the room!

I mostly use Echo to listen to music. The sound quality is superb for such a device, with deep rich tones and bright sparkling highlights. Clarity of audio quality is very good, and seems pretty even across volume levels. I only wish there was more music available in its library. But I do interface with Echo to get weather updates, set timers, check facts and schedules, and all sorts of little odds and ends.

Echo even has a great awareness of culture and humor. Early on, trying to stump it and find out what happens in that situation, I asked "What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?". Watch my short video to hear her answer!

Since I drafted my initial review, Amazon has updated Echo several times, and continues to do so. So, forgive me if features I mention have changed, or new ones have been added that I don't discuss. One such feature, that I was anxiously awaiting, is the ability to re-order Prime orders. For Amazon this is, of course, a great feature for getting us to order more and more often - but with a little self-restraint it is a great tool for the consumer. While strolling through the kitchen (where Echo resides at the moment) I remembered that I need to order toothpaste - something I can get a better deal on via Amazon Prime than at my local drug store... so I simply spoke, "Alexis... re-order toothpaste". Echo then speaks aloud to me the brand and type I last ordered, along with the current price, and asks if I'd like to place the order. A simple "yes" is all that is left to say, and it's done!

To date, Amazon has continuously provided updates to the Echo software and functionality and they do a nice job of notifying you of each of them. I hope they continue to develop this product and explore its possibilities. But even as it stands today, I love it and highly recommend it. I have not tried using the ability to control lights and other things, but might explore that next!

3M Privacy Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6/6S - Black (MPPAP001)
3M Privacy Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6/6S - Black (MPPAP001)
Price: $14.54
35 used & new from $8.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Protection for your screen AND what's on it!, June 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If anyone can make a top quality film product, it's going to be 3M. And this privacy screen protector is no exception to that. It does exactly what it advertises - it helps protect the valuable and fragile screen of your iPhone while also protecting your personal privacy from wandering eyes. Let's face it, sitting next to someone on a plane, train, bus, or even just in a waiting room, we've all let our gaze drift over to their smart phone to see what they are so interested in. It's mostly just boredom and natural passive curiosity. But there are some folks out there that intentionally try to gather information about someone by shoulder surfing. And there are times when you just want your business to be your business!

The 3M privacy protector screen installs pretty easily. Simply clean your glass screen thoroughly (they even provide a soft cloth for that) and then line up the film, remove the backing that covers the adhesive, and smooth it out. There is a tool included to help remove any small air bubble that you might get (and you'll get a few) - you simply use the tool to work the bubble to the nearest edge. The film is plenty thick - thicker than I expected. It provides excellent protection from scratches to your iPhone.

The part that is a mixed blessing is the privacy protection. At even a slight angle, the screen begins to go black. And at about 30 degrees or so, it is totally black and cannot be seen. This is awesome when someone is next to you and you want them to mind their own b'niss. But it does cause the screen to be a little darker even straight-on, all the time. Not so badly that it's a real problem... but you do notice, especially when looking at photos and such. We can't have it both ways, so that's the price of privacy - just know what to expect there. It can be mildly annoying when you *want* to share what you're looking at with someone else - they need to be pretty close!

Seems to work fine with all external covers and hard cases, and does not interfere with any of the functions. Touch sensitivity is still very good and I have had no problem operating the iPhone with this film on it. A very good privacy solution with only a minor downside. Highly recommended.

Kraft Thousand Island Salad Dressing, 1.5-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 60)
Kraft Thousand Island Salad Dressing, 1.5-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 60)
Price: $20.69
3 used & new from $20.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Convinient way to keep a stash of your favorite dressing, March 13, 2015
I love having a salad for lunch at work - and we have a cafe that has a decent salad bar. Problem is, they switch salad dressings around like it's some sort of cruel game. One day they have your favorite, the next they have nothing but stuff you hate. Additionally, you pay for the salad by its weight - which means you're also paying a premium for the dressing. Solution - these excellent salad dressing packets! Kraft Thousand Island is a classic of course, but they are also available in other flavors. The 1.5 oz. size is perfect for a small to medium salad, or use two for a large. Because refrigeration is not needed, I can keep a supply in a desk drawer.

Great for packing in lunches, taking on picnics or camping, you name it.

Sabre Red Spitfire Pepper Spray Practice Canister, 0.16-Ounce
Sabre Red Spitfire Pepper Spray Practice Canister, 0.16-Ounce
Price: $7.61
25 used & new from $3.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have if you plan to carry pepper spray, March 3, 2015
First off, the missing fifth star is for lower than desired capacity. You'll only get half-dozen or so puffs from this canister and a more would be nice for a training tool that costs this much. That said - in all other ways it delivers very well. It is crucial that anyone that might carry any form of tool for their protection and defense train with it and understand how to use it under stress. No different with pepper spray. And this practice canister allows you to practice and demonstrate safely.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20