Profile for Justin Opinion > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 497

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Justin Opinion RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hefty Ultimate Tall Kitchen Bags, Clean Burst, 38 Count
Hefty Ultimate Tall Kitchen Bags, Clean Burst, 38 Count
Offered by iNetGiant
Price: $17.78
5 used & new from $10.50

4.0 out of 5 stars After years of using Glad... I like these better, October 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's hard to give a trash bag five stars, but I nearly did. For years I've been using Glad bags and was used to them. But then I tried these Hefty Ultimate bags and I like them better. Here's why:
- Gently scented to help reduce odor, but not so heavily scented that they become their own source of "odor". Nicely done.
- The ties are located at the ends of the bag, not the center. I like this MUCH better. Here's what I mean by that - your trash can has a rectangle opening (most likely). Most bags position the grabbing and tying handles at the 12 O'clock and 6 O'clock positions, which I have always found an awkward way to remove the full bags. Hefty put their handles at the 9 O'clock and 3 O'clock positions, and I find it much easier to use.
- The ties are also strong, and easy to tie. I've yet to break one - and almost always break them on "the other brand".

The only take-away, which is very slight - is that they don't seal quite as well to the rim of my trashcan as others do. Yours may vary with that, and you may not even care. Not a real big deal with me, but given the choice I like the snug fit better.

MTM 100 Round Flip-Top Ammo Box 40/45/10MM Cal (Clear Blue)
MTM 100 Round Flip-Top Ammo Box 40/45/10MM Cal (Clear Blue)
Offered by BodShell
Price: $9.61
5 used & new from $2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ammo box I've used yet - and I use a lot!, October 6, 2014
I've been using Dillon ammo boxes for a long time, but took a chance on these MTM boxes for .40 S&W mostly because I needed the fast shipping. Boy, am I glad I did! These boxes are excellent quality and have better functionality. Where Dillon and others use a solid plastic hinge (in other words, use it until it breaks from repetitive flexing) the MTM boxes have actual hinges. Not only should this provide longer life, it gives the box better function because the lid opens fully and lies flat while you load/unload the box.

The semi-clear style is nice too - I don't need to open the lid to see if the box is full or partially full, etc. Even helps identify the caliber if I'm looking at an angle where I don't see the label. Cartridges fit very nicely into the squares, and stick up enough to get a good grip on them when taking them out.

Love these boxes and will buy lots more!

Wiha 35393  Mini Inch Hex L-Key Set, 5 Piece in Plastic Holder
Wiha 35393 Mini Inch Hex L-Key Set, 5 Piece in Plastic Holder
Price: $8.42
3 used & new from $5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive but good hex key set, October 6, 2014
I purchased this little set of hex keys (aka, Allen wrenches) because I needed one .050", which this set includes. It's a nice little set and the holder keeps them all in place nicely and keeps track of which size each is. Inexpensive and good quality - easy to toss in the toolbox or junk drawer!

Lyman Reloading 40 S and W Pistol Max Cartridge Gauge
Lyman Reloading 40 S and W Pistol Max Cartridge Gauge
Price: $15.79
3 used & new from $15.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential tool for the reloader!, October 6, 2014
A case gauge is an essential measuring tool for the reloader. I like the Lyman gauges because they seem to be slightly tighter in tolerance than other brands - which better insures that if it fits the gauge, it will chamber properly! I have one in every caliber I hand load.

Dockers Men's 6 Piece Hankie Fashion Pack, Asstorted, One Size
Dockers Men's 6 Piece Hankie Fashion Pack, Asstorted, One Size
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal Six-Pack of Hankies, October 6, 2014
This six pack of pocket hankies is a good value. They are of decent quality, made of linen. After a washing, they are very soft and comfortable to use. They hold their size and colors pretty well and seem to be durable. A good deal.

LASCO 03-4901 Tip-Toe Style, 5/16-Inch Thread Bathtub Drain Stopper, Chrome Plated
Price: $10.75
8 used & new from $1.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement for original equipment, October 6, 2014
I ordered this stopper in the hope that it would be a close replacement for the one the plumber installed when the house was built. The great news was that it was identical! The stopper works by "push to close - push again to open" operation, and my original didn't want to open any more.

It's an easy screw-in replacement that requires (at most) a flat head screwdriver (you screw off the chrome cap by hand to expose the brass fitting with the notch for the screw driver). Don't over-tighten it, just a snug fit is all you need.

As others have cautioned - be sure of your size before ordering (or if in doubt get both, they are cheap enough!). 3/8" is about the diameter of a standard pencil or BIC pen. Take yours out and look at the screw to determine the size or measure with calipers if you are able. Otherwise hold end-to-end with a pencil - same diameter? Then you need 3/8". Smaller than the pencil? You need 5/16.

Griot's Garage (11013) Cleaner Car Wax - 16 fl. oz.
Griot's Garage (11013) Cleaner Car Wax - 16 fl. oz.
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A Cleaner Wax from Griot's Garage!, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm giving four stars for my initial review, because I don't have enough experience with the new Griot's Cleaner Wax to say how durable it is over time. I will update at the bottom of this review (and may modify the rating if necessary) in time.

I've waited a long time for Griot's to offer a cleaner wax. I've used Meguire's cleaner wax for decades with good results. For several years now, I have been using many Griot's products and am happy to see this added to the collection. A cleaner wax will remove some oxidation, some grime, and old wax layers - which reduces the number of steps you need to do and saves you work. This wax seems to do a good job of that. I first used it without using a clay bar first - to test its cleaning capability. The results were very good, and it seemed to strip the micro-contaminants and wax remnants away nicely, leaving an even and very smooth coat. Application is easy - it goes on smooth, and dries to a haze in just a few minutes. Removal is also easy if you don't over-apply.

At its core is hard carnauba wax - offering long lasting, shiny, and strong protection. Can be applied manually or with an orbital. I used the Griot's foam wax pad, and buffed with a clean microfiber towel, and my results have been very good. I'll keep this in stock in the garage for sure!

Uncle Mike's Tactical Inside-the-Waistband Tuckable Holster, Ambidextrous, Size 15
Price: $34.88
21 used & new from $31.51

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed and fits nothing well, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Use a lot of caution if you are considering this holster as an actual "carry" solution. For that purpose, I cannot recommend it under any circumstances! I knew it would be iffy for fitment of some pistols, and I really just wanted it as a "fits many" type of solution for range work or training. But alas, I've yet to find a pistol that fits in this holster properly. Here are just a few I have tried: Glock 17, Glock 23, S&W M&P 9, S&W M&P 45, Sig Sauer P226/P227, Walther PPQ, Walther PPX; Springfield XD... I've probably tried more, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Problem is the plastic "sleeve" inside the holster. It does a nice job of keeping the holster held open, but it creates what is essentially a plastic tube that has no elasticity at all and will not conform to the pistol. And because it's not made for any specific gun - no gun really fits it. The other big problem is the stitching that creates the trigger guard portion of the holster. It is shallow and poorly designed, and is really only the sandwiching of the two layers of material sewn together. Only fairly small pistols in the range of those that should fit it (4" to 5" barrel pistols) can even be pushed in far enough that the trigger is not exposed.

Trying to force pistols into the holster usually results in forcing the slide back - which would take it out of battery and is completely unacceptable of course. And don't even get me started on the retention strap (first off, you don't need a retention strap on a IWB holster any more than you need a clutch pedal in a car with an auto tranny). The strap in inflexible and does not position well for practical use. Thankfully it can be removed! Some dedicated work and break-in might make in so-so for me for some limited range use.

I have not yet found a pistol that fits it well, and I've tried a bunch. For a range holster I might still be able to use it with a gun or two. But please reconsider if you are looking at this for a concealed carry holster! That is not a place to skimp - look elsewhere!

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Pumpkin and Chicken for Small Breeds
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Pumpkin and Chicken for Small Breeds
Offered by Fat Happy Pets
Price: $18.59
23 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy treats from a brand name I respect, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My GSD loves these treats! And I don't mind giving him one every day, because the ingredients are good and the texture helps keep his teeth clean. I've used Natural Balance dog food products for years and have come to trust the brand for nutrition and quality. These treats are a nice addition to the lineup! The texture is very firm, but not too hard. Another thing I like about them is that they don't produce crumbs. My dog is a slob about crumbs - he leaves them on the floor (wish he would lick them up, but no). So these save me extra cleaning!

Genuine Joe GJO15363 5-Mil Light Powder Industrial Nitrile Gloves, Extra Large, Light Blue (Pack of 100)
Price: $9.70
10 used & new from $9.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Great all-purpose protective glove, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These blue rubber gloves are very good for all general purpose uses. The only minor drawback (and reason for 4 rather than 5 stars) is that they fit me a little loose - unlike traditional rubber/surgical gloves that expand to fit your hand. What you lose is just a little bit of fine fingertip capability - but I found that you can draw them tighter into the webs of the fingers and it really helps.
The gloves are powdered just enough for easy on/off but not overly so. I've used them for automotive work, workbench work, cleaning jobs, etc. and they are very durable. I've yet to have one tear or break.

A good glove and a good value. I keep a box of these in the workshop and one in the garage!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20