Profile for Sally Sourpants > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sally Sourpants RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Thrills & Chills! (Disney Frozen) (Deluxe Paint Box Book)
Thrills & Chills! (Disney Frozen) (Deluxe Paint Box Book)
by Cynthia Hands
Price: $7.16
68 used & new from $1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, July 7, 2014
Very cool little paint book. Highly recommended.

Sawtooth Citron Vanilla Cream Electric Guitar w/ White Pickguard - Includes: Accessories, Amp, Gig Bag & Online Lesson
Price: $151.17
2 used & new from $151.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent deal!, July 7, 2014
I am very impressed with this guitar and the entire package. I am a beginner and just learning and this is the perfect beginner package for the price. The amp is perfectly suitable, the accessories are great and the guitar sounds wonderful. I showed it to the guitar instructor at out local music store and he couldn't believe how nice it was for the price. Highly recommended.

I will say I have not used the guitar case or strap yet. The package comes with a guitar stand which I use. That way I see it every time I walk into my room and is a great reminder to PRACTICE!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2014 5:45 AM PDT

Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut Granola Bars, Peanut, 6 - 1.2 Ounce Bars (Pack of 12)
Price: $19.19
10 used & new from $19.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Taste great but not All that healthy, July 1, 2013
These are delicious granola bars and I recommend checking your local Costco where you can get them far cheaper than anywhere else.

But don't be fooled by the "nature" in the name. This product is loaded with sugar and high fructose corn syrup. If you're looking for a healthy snack, look elsewhere. If you want a candy bar that's only a bit healthier than a Snickers or Milky Way, here you go!

Les Mills Combat DVD Workout
Les Mills Combat DVD Workout
Offered by Beachbody
Price: $74.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but flawed., May 2, 2013
This review is from: Les Mills Combat DVD Workout (DVD)
This is an ok workout and if you follow it daily, you will see results. I am currently in week 6 of the 9-week program and I have lost a little weight and am definitely a little leaner than when I started. Having said that, the program has some problems I believe:

1) Annoying Instructors: The primary instructors are Rachel and Dan, and they are very fit and can be very annoying at times. They sing along to the music which drives me crazy. Where was the director to say "CUT! Let's do that again with no singing!". And they like to shout out these silly motivational phrases like 'Enough is never enough" or 'If you don't have a guard, you ain't hard" whatever that is supposed to mean. Look, they try hard and they know the program, I just do not care for their style. It seems very fake to me.

2) The cues: Again, this goes back to the instructors. This is a fairly fast-moving program and they change moves a lot or add an additional move to something you are already doing. The problem is they don't often tell us this until it has already happened. So I need to stop, watch them, figure out what they are doing and start up again. Very poor! Additionally they regularly don't give us counts on how many times to do things, or whether we are on the left or right side. I'm not even sure Dan knows his left from his right. Rachel is better and Dan can be good at times but he can also be a mess, particularly in the Kata 45 routine.

The good things:
1) There are 3 good and well-done workouts here, the 2 30-minute Power routines and the Combat 60 are very well done and I will probably pull them out occasionally once this program is done. The Combat 60 has a point where a couple of the background folks step up and take the lead and they do a very good job. The Combat 30 is too short to be of much use although it will work your arms a bit and Kata 45 is just a disaster. A confused mess for the first 25 minutes and then it finally finds its footing near the end but it's too little too late.

All in all, a mediocre workout, well below Beachbody standards. But again, if you show up and do it everyday, it will work for you. The music is good and the enthusiasm is there. Not my cup of tea however.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2014 6:30 PM PDT

Underwater Sunshine (or what we did on our summer vacation)
Underwater Sunshine (or what we did on our summer vacation)
Price: $10.00
54 used & new from $4.43

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugh!, September 5, 2012
When did these guys go so hard-core country?? Admittedly some of their past songs may have a slight Americana or 'The Band' sound to it. But this is way down south!

And I do not like it at all. Very sleepy sounding, no energy, and just mediocre songs all around (yes I know they are covers). The opening track about Wrapping your arms around my neck is decent as is the Dylan cover. That one even has a bit of energy.

Good band, they've done some great music over the years and I would still pay to see them live. But this....not good!

I immediately blasted Angles of the Silences to cleanse my pallet.

Stamina 1690 Power Tower
Stamina 1690 Power Tower
Price: $99.95
18 used & new from $86.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product!, June 11, 2012
This review is from: Stamina 1690 Power Tower (Sports)
Love this product. I got if for $88.00 shipped. Put it together in about 45 mins (with 2 people which I recommend).

Works great. I am 200 punds and this thing is completely stead for me on all pull-up variations. A great deal!

Gypsies Stole My Tequila
Gypsies Stole My Tequila
by Adrienne Jones
Price: $19.95
7 used & new from $18.79

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, fun, quick read, March 1, 2011
While there's nothing earth-shatteringly original here, this is a very well-written, clever, sometimes quite funny novella about an aging rock star and his struggles with mortality and getting older. I read it in a couple hours and was hooked all the way through. Adrienne is a joy to read and I look forward to her next full-length novel, whenever it may happen.

(I Want To) Come Home
(I Want To) Come Home
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Classic McCartney balladry, December 14, 2010
This review is from: (I Want To) Come Home (MP3 Music)
A very nice song, well-played and well-sung....the kind of great stuff Sir Paul can churn out effortlessly. A career highlight for most other artists.

DO NOT ACTIVATE - The Hoax
DO NOT ACTIVATE - The Hoax

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, December 14, 2010
What a great book this was! It is very hard to describe but I guess I'd say soft science/religious fiction with a lot of human interest going on. Great, very unpredictable plot, excellent pacing and very suspenseful, I really had a hard time putting this thing down. The characters are memorable and fully fleshed.

My 2 complaints...1) The kindle version is terrible, words broken up, random spaces and lines all over, paragraphs running together....buy the book!
2) This will sound strange but I sometimes wished it was better-written. It's very well told and written competently enough but I would have loved to see a little more language flourish. Small complaint though.

Still...a fantastic read and I look forward to reading her other works.

The Historian
The Historian
by Elizabeth Kostova
Price: $14.40
233 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant enough for a while......but...., February 4, 2010
This review is from: The Historian (Paperback)
A decent enough debut novel, interesting premise, well-written, and I loved the sort of travelogue feel to it all. But my word, this thing is just too long and slow. Pages 300-500 were a chore to get through and nothing really ever happens. Not coincidentally, that is the section of the book where there are little to no vampire appearances.

I finished it. I didn't hate it. Parts were even quite excellent. But overall, just too much invested for too little reward.

Page: 1 | 2