Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Rick Short > Reviews

Browse

Rick Short's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rick Short RSS Feed (Whitesboro, NY, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Hanes TAGLESS 6.1 Long Sleeve T-Shirt (White, Medium)
Hanes TAGLESS 6.1 Long Sleeve T-Shirt (White, Medium)
Offered by NY Lingerie
Price: $7.42
45 used & new from $5.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Hoped For, November 24, 2013
I am an avid t-shirt wearer. Living in a cold climate, I want to be warm in the winter. Turning to a long-sleeve t-shirt seems logical, however, many simply aren't cut like a traditional tee.

These Hanes 6.1 long-sleeve t-shirts fit and feel just like traditional tees, they keep me warm, they fit properly, and the price is fair.

Bottom line, I am buying more. That says it all.

ValueRays® Warm Keyboard Pad, Warm Keyboard, Warm Keyboard Pad, Heated Keyboard Pad, Heated Keyboard, Heated Computer Keyboard, Warm Computer Keyboard, Heated Computer Keyboard Pad, Warm Computer Keyboard Pad, Ergonomic Keyboard Pad, Infrared Heat
Offered by Free Shipping - ValueRays®
Price: $22.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work!, November 24, 2011
Right out of the box - it didn't work.
The basic design seemed cool, but the performance was a zero.
Sent it back.

Dunlop 87N Electric Trigger® Capo, Curved, Nickel
Dunlop 87N Electric Trigger® Capo, Curved, Nickel
Price: $14.97
19 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Gerat - as promised, November 24, 2011
I use Jim Dunlop capos exclusively. They are simple, fast, and accurate.

One of my capos is wider than the rest (by design). I LOVE that. This model is NOT the wider style. The width helps prevent the capo from spinning in my sweaty hand during gigs. This is not a major issue.

For me, Dunlop capos work perfectly.

Delta 578-RB-DST Leland Single Handle Centerset Lavatory Faucet, Venetian Bronze
4 used & new from $237.42

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!, November 24, 2011
Bottom line: It works perfectly and looks exactly the way we hoped it would.

Installation was SIMPLE. Delta has added a couple of nice installation features that make it easy and leak-free. LOVE that! We chose to NOT use the oval-shaped bottom plate and simply mounted the faucet directly to the granite.

Be sure to let your counter top tech know the proper hole diameter (s)he needs to drill. Delta provides a sealing gasket with a specific diameter. If your hole is larger than the sealing gasket, it can't work.

One of our key issues (when selecting a faucet) was getting the water stream out away from the sink bowl side. This faucet does that nicely.

Easily installed, looks wonderful, works as we hoped. PERFECT!

Zoom Q3HD Video Recorder Accessory Package for Zoom Q3HD, Zoom Q3
Zoom Q3HD Video Recorder Accessory Package for Zoom Q3HD, Zoom Q3

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Kit, July 26, 2011
This kit is a fairly-priced option to you going out and buying each item individually. It isn't cheaper, but it is more convenient.

Everything works properly, though it does not exude the look and feel of high quality.

I went right out and bought a sleek "camera bag"-type case to contain, store, protect, and transport it all. Glad I did.

One issue is that the Q3HD case (which fits perfectly and does exactly what it is supposed to do) has 2 elastic straps sewn into it (one on each side). Their goal is to keep the case from flopping wide open when you unzip it. They work properly, but they easily get caught in the zipper when you seal the case up. When that happens, it presents a major hassle when trying to open the case back up. I work around this issue by being VERY mindful of it and pulling the zip way out (away from the case)as I zip by the elastic straps. Perhaps a very wide elastic band, like a shoe gore, might resolve this issue. Until it does, just zip carefully and you'll be happy.

World Imports 2606-06 Bijoux Collection 3-Light Flushmount, Flemish
World Imports 2606-06 Bijoux Collection 3-Light Flushmount, Flemish
Offered by Butler in the Home
Price: $256.37
4 used & new from $31.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as promised, July 26, 2011
It looked right on the monitor, so I ordered it.

It arrived and looked exactly like it did online, so I installed it.

It worked perfectly from the first moment right up until this writing, so I praise it.

Installation was easy, dusting is easy, changing bulbs is easy. It is relatively substantial and strong - not chincy.

I am happy.

USB MIDISport Uno - 1 In / 1 Out MIDI Interface
USB MIDISport Uno - 1 In / 1 Out MIDI Interface

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional, July 26, 2011
I bought a used Line 6 modeling amp (Flextone III XL) and wanted to avail myself of the full range of tone design capabilities. That meant I had to gain access to the control center on my PC - and get off the amp-level controls. To do that, I had to connect the amp's midi input and output to the computer. To do that, I needed special cables. Line 6 recommended the MIDIsport UNO, so I bought it.

BOTTOM LINE: I first made sure I had all the right software and hardware (proper Windows, downloaded the newest UNO and Line 6 drivers from the M-Audio and Line 6 sites, etc.). Then, I plugged the cable in and ... it worked.

Isn't that all we want? A product that simply plugs in and works. I like it when life is this easy. Thank you for a great product, M-Audio.

Dunlop 87B Electric Trigger® Capo, Curved, Black
Dunlop 87B Electric Trigger® Capo, Curved, Black
Price: $15.97
13 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Capo, July 26, 2011
Items like a capo are very much a "personal taste" thing. For my sensibilities, most Jim Dunlop products just make sense. They are sleek, durable, functional, and fairly priced. I own many Dunlop capos and like them all.

Speaking just for me, I prefer the wider capo style. This item is slightly thinner than other Dunlop capos I use. The thinness sometimes allows the capo to spin in my hand as I am manipulating it - especially on stage, when sweaty and in a hurry. So, I prefer the wider style.

That said, we are all different. If this model suits your hands, you will not be disappointed by the simple elegance, the functionality, and the durability.

Very much recommended.

OGIO Fugitive Streetpacks
OGIO Fugitive Streetpacks
Price: $46.96 - $62.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, July 26, 2011
This review is from: OGIO Fugitive Streetpacks (Sports)
From the materials of construction, to the design, to the functionality - this backpack is really great. It feels substantial without being heavy. It handles and wears comfortably. It slides on and off smoothly. The handgrip simply feels like quality (a constant reminder that I made the right decision). The materials are durable. It does what I want it to do. And it looks great.

Everyone has different needs, items to carry, and expectations. Try several options before selecting. For me, this item nails it. I have always been a fan of OGIO - and they've done it again.

Guitar Lessons: A Life's Journey Turning Passion into Business
Guitar Lessons: A Life's Journey Turning Passion into Business
by Bob Taylor
Price: $21.68
74 used & new from $0.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Business Book - Fan Book: Excellent On Both Counts!, January 28, 2011
Full Disclosure: I sampled numerous Taylor guitars in my local guitar shop for years, I participated in a Taylor Guitars factory tour in 2009, and I purchased a Taylor guitar at the conclusion of that tour. I absolutely love my Taylor GS-K.

So, I was very intrigued when I learned Bob Taylor was writing a book. I pre-ordered it on Amazon and waited. While I cooled my heels I learned more. I heard that it wouldn't be a typical book for brand or hobby fans, it would have a business flavor. But it wouldn't be a typical "how I did it" business tome. Well, what would it be then?

When GUITAR LESSONS arrived, I tore into it and completed it in 3 nights. It took a minute to get used to the style and direction - it is mildly off-beat, in a good way. In fact, as I read more, I learned that the writing is, in fact, exactly ON target. It IS Bob Taylor. It is just as unique as he is, and, once you warm to his style, it becomes comfortable. We get to know Bob just a little.

In an nutshell, I describe the book as a passionate engineer and craftsman writing his version of a business book. Bob's style is to tell stories and share lessons learned - all while heavily infusing our journey with his passion for building and enhancing guitars.

Or, maybe it is an engineering autobiography, focused on the process and product.

Who will enjoy this book? Luthiers, musicians, business people, entrepreneurs, engineers, marketers, and more. While easy to read and understand, it is as rich and complicated as its author. The more I think of it, this might be why I describe the book as "off-beat". Bob Taylor has managed to weave a complex and meaningful business and life, capture it in a book, and make it easy and fun to absorb.

Well done!