Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Loreal > Reviews

Browse

Loreal's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Loreal RSS Feed

Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
Offered by The Masino Family Appliance Store
Price: $108.77
73 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it so much, August 25, 2014
I have an Apple TV for my bedroom and I purchased a Roku for my family to use in our family/tv room. I've gotta say, I wish I bought the Roku for my bedroom instead of the Apple TV. I love it so much! The menu is a LOT better than the Apple TV menu. The Netflix layout in Roku is also a lot better than the Apple TV version of Netflix. I also love the fact that I can use my Amazon Prime account with the Roku. There are also a lot more channels on the Roku. OH! And the most important thing that I love about the Roku is the REMOTE. The remote for the Apple TV SUCKS. I hate that I have to keep pressing the "Menu" button to go to the home screen. On the Roku remote, all I have to do is press the picture of the house and I'm there at the home page. The only thing is that my music/movies (all from iTunes) are of course not iCloud compatible with the Roku. Hence, no streaming directly from my iTunes account. I would have to plug my iPad/iPhone to the Roku if I wanted to watch/listen to movies/music.

Sony DSC-RX100M III Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera
Sony DSC-RX100M III Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera
Price: $798.00
49 used & new from $539.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST. COMPACT. EVER. Seriously. -Edited 07/26/14, June 23, 2014
I have been waiting over a month for this camera and I am excited to say, "I LOVE IT!". Best quality I've seen on a COMPACT CAMERA. Even on some DSLRs I've tested out. I have been bouncing back ENDLESSLY between getting a Sony A7/r, an a6000, an RX1/r (yikes!), or this camera. Keep in mind that I am not a professional photographer. On we go...

Since I'm upgrading from my iPhone, I didn't want anything too big or too drastic of a change. For me, I knew I would get frustrated with having to decide what kind of lens I want, bringing the lenses, etc. But I kind of wanted that same high quality look to the pictures I was taking...something you can no doubt get with a DSLR at half the price of this camera. So it's really up to your affordability and what you're willing to sacrifice in terms of the ability to change lenses or the ability to have something compact. If you want something a bit of both, I recommend getting the a6000. A camera I was very close to getting until I found out about the RX100M3. The a6000 is the same price as the M3 INCLUDING the lens. Some notes:

WiFi: I used the WiFi a LOT with this camera. I used it while I waited in line at Disneyland and during down time at sporting events. I uploaded them quickly onto my Instagram/Flickr account. It's pretty easy to set up...just make sure to read the instructions carefully. You can select the pictures you want to send to your phone/iPad and it only takes a few seconds.

VIEWFINDER/LCD: One of the only reasons I bought this camera over the previous RX100 models and the RX1/r is because the viewfinder is built in instead of buying an extra $400 accessory. The viewfinder is clear and almost exactly what you see when you take the picture. I kind of wish you were able to pull out the viewfinder a bit more because my cheek touches the screen and so my makeup ends up getting on it. BUT I was still able to see the LCD screen in broad daylight with no problem. So those of you who want the cheaper RX100s and don't really need a viewfinder...by all means get the previous models. It's not that different in terms of picture quality. And the LCD is almost perfect. I just wish it was touchscreen so I can easily navigate through the different tabs on the menu screen. But other than that, I love that you can flip it 180 degrees for selfies ;)

MENU: As I said in the previous paragraph, I wish I was able to touch where I want to go instead of constantly clicking through the different tabs. But the menu is pretty self-explanatory.

FLASH: The pop-up flash is useful instead of buying a flash like you have to do with the previous models . Haven't found a flaw with it yet.

BATTERY: Taking about 50-100 shots a day and the battery was still halfway-3/4 full. I did notice that it drained the battery significantly if I did continuous action shots.

HANDLING: There is no grip on this camera, so it might be hard for people with larger hands to hold this. Sony sells an attachment grip (really a sticker) that you can put on the front. It's about $15. But I'm kind of iffy on sticking something on an $800 camera. The weight of this camera is heavier than a usual compact, but I like that. Its a good balance for my hands. Sony does sell a leather jacket case for this camera for a whopping $85. Unfortunately, you can't use both the attachment grip and the case with this camera.

QUALITY: I think I've already established how great the quality is on this camera. It's comparable, if not better, than some DSLRs out there. At 20.1 megapixels, this thing is a monster. In a good way.

In the end, this camera gives me everything I want and more. Ever since I've had an iPhone, I've rarely used a REAL camera...besides my GoPro (is that considered real?). And I didn't want to lug around a huge DSLR either. Now that I have this camera, I know I'll be taking this everywhere I go. I'd recommend this to anyone whether they're a beginner or not. I know some people who already have DSLRs that will purchase this as a second camera because it's so compact yet the picture quality isn't sacrificed. If you're somewhat of a beginner like me and love to learn about how things work, definitely read up on apertures, shutter speeds, ISO, etc. You'll love your camera a lot more. Anyways, can't wait to start scrap booking! :)

Side note: If you plan on taking video with this camera, you have to get the 64GB Sony memory card because it records in XAVC S format. They normally retail for about $145, but I was able to get it for half off for $73. On the box: "Use SDXC card of Class 10 or faster to take movies in XAVC S format."

*Update 07/26/14
Took my camera on a recent trip to Hawaii. My review for the camera is still the same. If not, better. What I wanted to update you all on is the leather jacket case that Sony sells as well as the software I use to edit my photos. For the case priced at around $90 USD (including tax), I've got to say it wasn't really worth it. Since it was rainy and windy in Hawaii, I had to keep my camera in the case for most of my time. When I wanted to take pictures, it was a hassle to keep unbuckling the case from my camera and buckling it back on just so I can protect it. Just a tad inconvenient. I really do love the retro look of this case though. Just wish it was easier to take pictures with. You can unbuckle one part of it and let the top part case hang, but it would get in the way of my picture taking. I think I'd rather just buy a grip for this camera ($15), put on a camera strap, and just use a cheaper case for when I'm not using the camera. Also, buy a lens cap. If anyone has any suggestions for that, let me know!

As for my photo editing software (need I remind you I am a beginner), I did the 30-day trial for Adobe Lightroom and I love it. Took a while to get used to, but that's what Youtube is for! I will definitely purchase it. If you want to take a look at my Flickr to see how my photos have turned out, here's the link: flickr.com/photos/lorealparis

Let me know if you have any questions!
Comment Comments (22) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2015 6:01 PM PDT

Macarons
Macarons
by Pierre Hermé
Price: $37.66
66 used & new from $19.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty and detailed, but not for the novice baker., December 5, 2013
This review is from: Macarons (Hardcover)
Not only are Pierre Herme's macarons visually appealing, but the instructions that come with this book are very well detailed. Before I bought this book, I've made macarons a handful of times already. But, the version of macarons I have been making were with a French meringue rather than an Italian meringue (which is the only type of meringue they use in this book). The French method requires NO cooking of the sugar, thus making it easier to make. Pierre Herme uses the Italian version which requires cooking the sugar and pouring it into your egg white mixture. I was a little apprehensive buying this book because of the version they use, but if you are even slightly familiar with making macarons the French way, I am pretty sure you can do it the Italian way. The difference - taste-wise - is that I feel the Italian meringue is a bit sweeter than the French meringue. BUT, I did notice that I've had better results using the Italian meringue more so than the French meringue. Also, if you love everything perfect with the measurements and temperatures, the Italian version is for you. You do need to buy a thermometer that can be placed in your pot as you cook the sugar to prevent overcooking. I recommend buying a digital thermometer so you can get the exact temperature rather than "guessing" on a candy thermometer.

The only reason I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the ingredients they use in this book. Most of the ingredients used is of the HIGHEST quality. I mean spending more than $8 on a bar of chocolate and also very specific ingredients (e.g., 85% cacao). But, if you don't mind about the price, then by all means...this book is for you. Now you know why these little cookies are so expensive at bakeries (the time and money that goes into them). But for those of you who live on a budget (like I do), it's quite difficult finding an alternative, especially if you don't want to mess up the macaron by being cheap.

If you do end up failing on making one of the hardest petit fours in the world, don't worry. This book may be expensive, but it's also a good coffee table book :)

GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Bluetooth In-Car FM Transmitter with USB Charging , Multipoint , Music Controls & Hands-Free Calling - Works with Apple , Samsung , LG & More Smartphones , Tablets , MP3 Players
Price: $30.99
35 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. Just what I needed., December 5, 2013
Needed something to play my music after accidentally messing up my car's auxiliary system (is that what it's called?), and so I needed something to transmit my music from my iPhone via FM transmitter (because that still worked). I looked up some products that were sold through Apple's website, but saw that they had bad reviews and alas, ended up here on Amazon. I will say I was more than pleased when I received this product. Not only was it SUPER EASY to connect and set up, but it plays my music AND finds open stations for you automatically. You also have the option to manually switch the device to a different station.

The GOgroove is connected via Bluetooth, but they also give you another cord (DROID maybe?) and an aux cord to hook up phones/music devices without a Bluetooth to the device itself. You can make a phone call by holding down the blue phone button on the left. On the iPhone, they use Siri to make your calls.

The only reason I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5, is the style and functionality of this device. It's not very pleasing (though more so than others I have seen), and the neck of the device is not that stable. For example, if I constantly want to skip songs, as I press down on the device, the neck bends and I always have to adjust it. I just wish the neck was stronger and/or more stable. But other than that little flop, I really love this device after one month of using it so far!

Cards Against Humanity
Cards Against Humanity
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game for parties, June 24, 2013
This review is from: Cards Against Humanity (Toy)
I recently had a summer kick-off party at my house and a friend of my suggested we play this game. I was a little hesitant in buying it because for one, I never heard of the game and two, it was a little expensive for a card game. BUT, I really did want to try it out after reading the reviews. I ordered it on a Tuesday and to my surprise, it was at my door by Wednesday! Thanks Amazon! ;) Anyways, this game is everything and more. My friends and I were laughing playing CAH throughout the night! There were some questions that were really random and questions that we can't believe were part of a card game! (Be careful when playing this game in front of children). In the game, you can also make up your own rules (or use the ones they have). One rule we made up is that if you want to get rid of a card (some cards were either hard to understand or not funny), you would have to take a shot of tequila to get rid of it and pick a new card out of the deck. And by the end of the night, some of my guests were undeniably drunk. So buy this game if you have trouble being a host and want to break the ice among your friends! It's worth it. I'll be buying the expansion packs ASAP!

Mighty Bright 53510 Orchestra Light, Black (US Adaptor)
Mighty Bright 53510 Orchestra Light, Black (US Adaptor)
Price: $38.99
37 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So bright, so right!, December 13, 2012
In the room I have my piano in, there's not that much light being shown except for the lamp light right next to it. Even with that, It's hard for me to see without getting a headache from too much bobbing back and forth from trying to read my music sheets. After talking to my piano teacher about different piano lights, we came across the Mighty Bright lights. From there, I noticed people were getting frustrated with the 2 head lights so I decided to splurge a little for something that will last longer. When the package arrived, the light itself was in a nice box and it even came with a travel bag (even though I can't really travel with my baby grand piano...haha) and an adapter. I read reviews that I shouldn't keep the batteries in when you are using the adapter, so I just took those out and used the adapter only. The cord for the adapter is about 4 ft. so it was perfect for me. The clip has a padding in it so it doesn't end up scratching your piano when you want to adjust the light. The light itself as two different levels, but I just put it on the highest level anyways. The one thing I was a little upset with was that the light has a bluish hue to it, so your music sheets will look a little blue. It took a while for my eyes to adjust to it, but overall it's a great light. I will definitely be using this for a long time!

Batman The Dark Knight Child Gauntlet Gloves for Batman
Batman The Dark Knight Child Gauntlet Gloves for Batman
Offered by SSAA Accessories
Price: $9.24
19 used & new from $7.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 13, 2012
I bought these gloves to go with the costume and it's a perfect fit. Even though my brother has small hands (he's 3), they still fit him! Overall, it's a good purchase!

Batman Dark Knight Rises Child's Deluxe Muscle Chest Batman Costume with Mask/Headpiece and Cape - Small
Offered by Fantasia Inc.
Price: $27.43
103 used & new from $21.12

3.0 out of 5 stars A few flaws., December 13, 2012
I recently bought this costume for my 3 year old brother for Christmas. I am somewhat on the fence with this costume. But before I review the product itself, I first want to thank Amazon for getting my order delivered a day before it's estimated arrival date. The first item I looked at was the body suit (the cape and mask is attached but separated from the costume). I like how the arm muscles are stuffed with cotton, but I dislike how the chest/ab muscles are of a styrofoam material. So, when I took it out of the package, the chest part was a little deformed due to wrongful packaging. Also, I can imagine my little brother not being as comfortable with a styrofoam piece compared to his other costumes which are stuffed. The next thing I took out was the mask/cape. These two are attached together, which I think is okay...although I'd rather just have it both attached to the body suit itself. Also, the mask doesn't really look like the "Dark Knight" mask. It almost resembles a robber's mask. I saw a mask at Walmart ($5) that resembles the "Dark Knight" a lot better. The last thing I took out of this 3 piece costume set, was the utility belt. At first, I didn't know the utility belt was part of this costume set so I was happy about that extra piece. However, the utility belt is so poorly made that a 7 year old can do a much better job. The black paint on the belt look like it was scribbled on with a Sharpie and the belt itself was deformed due to it being folded up for so long in the package. I could probably do without the belt and just buy my brother the actual Batman utility belts they sell in toy stores. As for sizing, I got my brother a size small (they said it fits most 3-4 year olds). He is a little on the shorter side so the toddler size could have fit him a lot better, but I'm sure he'll use it longer with the size small.

Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard for HTC DROID Incredible, 2 Pack - Crystal Clear
Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard for HTC DROID Incredible, 2 Pack - Crystal Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% INCREDIBLE`, September 11, 2010
I love this product, although it was at a pretty expensive price for only 2 screens, it was well worth the money. This screen protector is a clear finish, not matte, which I love because the screen is much easier to look at. Also, when applying this screen protector, it wasn't as hard as the others screen protectors i've come across in the past with numerous of air bubbles & the inability to put it on straight. If you somehow end up not aligning the screen first time around, just get a piece of tape and pull the screen off. If there are dust or lint particles in the screen then just take it off and apply some water and some, let it dry, & apply it again. It only took me two trys with this protector & now I'm not afraid to leave my phone in my bag or purse without it getting scratched.