Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Nosewiper > Reviews

Browse

Nosewiper's Profile

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nosewiper RSS Feed (Sterling Heights, MI United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Waterlox Original Sealer/ Finish- Gallon
Waterlox Original Sealer/ Finish- Gallon
Offered by Furniture Supply
Price: $85.49
2 used & new from $76.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing for hardwood floors in a destructive household!, March 9, 2016
Far better than polyurethane finishes for hardwood floors!

After years of polyurethane finishes--some of them highly recommended and very expensive, a woodworking friend recommended Waterlox for the next time we had to sand the floors down. He even said he cleans his own Waterlox-protected hardwood with a bucket and string mop!

We were skeptical. We have a zillion kids, plus dogs and cats, and furniture and stuff is regularly dragged across the floors. Wet things happen in a family like this. And we weren't thrilled at all with the prospect of moving out of the house for a week while numerous coats of Waterlox cured, 12-24 hours apiece and for a week afterward. And we don't like solvent smells.

But we were desperate, and we set up our tents in the backyard and again rented the sanding equipment, and we carefully slathered the tender wood in Waterlox Original, finishing with a coat of Gloss. And we waited...

Let me just say that TEN YEARS LATER, that living-room floor still looks just lovely! I have overwatered plants, we've dragged a 1929 upright piano across it, various things have puked on it and we've damp-mopped it. THIS FINISH IS THE BEST!!!

Waterlox soaks into the wood fibers so the floor is protected with more than just that thin plastic coat that the polyurethanes gave us, and it does not crack or chip. Yes, it's a long job to coat the floors, but once it's done and cured, it will last forever--only requiring a quick re-coat (with no sanding required) every few years to maintain the shine or protect a deep gouge or scrape.

Our floor-sanding days are almost over, with the last two bedrooms waiting for removal of the last awful chipped polyurethane. The Waterlox floors have gotten a quick coat of Gloss in their traffic areas as other rooms have been done, but otherwise have required no maintenance and will never require re-sanding. I cannot say enough about how awesome this finish is, and I'm writing this review as I order another gallon for the stairways that were just stripped of their carpet.

Oh, and it's also a great finish for pretty woodworking projects and furniture. Just so you know. ;-)

Evenflo Tribute Sport Convertible Car Seat, Maxwell
Evenflo Tribute Sport Convertible Car Seat, Maxwell
Price: $55.99
18 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for the price, but note that it won't work for older children., December 23, 2015
Nice seat for the money, lightweight and easy to use. This was purchased for a grandmother's car, not everyday use, and it's ideal for that.

The Latch anchors are plain spring clips that are not as easy to use as the button-clip anchors on more expensive seats. That said, they're not horrible, and with weight on the seat it's easy to clip it firmly into place in my Jeep Patriot. This takes just a minute, once the initial strap-adjustment was worked out. I do have to slightly loosen the seat strap before clipping, then tighten it.

Note that the recline feature must be set up before the seat is installed. It's a base that pivots forward or back, and so you can't recline it during use (as when your child has fallen asleep on a long drive).

The only real drawback to this seat is that the short back height (even on the highest strap setting) barely works for my tiny-for-her-age 3yo granddaughter, and it comes nowhere close for the 6-year-old I also hoped could use it.

It can indeed be used rear-facing for an average-sized newborn, however--reviewers who have said otherwise are just used to the modern "basket" carrier/seats. It reclines, and the straps adjust small enough for all but a very tiny baby. It is not nearly as convenient as being able to carry the seat in and out of the car, and you may want to add a pillow support for the little noggin as we did back in the old days, but it will work.

Overall, I'm happy with this purchase.

Folkmanis River Otter Hand Puppet
Folkmanis River Otter Hand Puppet
Price: $26.99
26 used & new from $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crafted!, December 23, 2015
Folkmanis puppets are the best! This otter has silky, smooth fur and the attention to detail is amazing: "leather" feet and the sweetest facial expression. They've even added a back pocket so you can move his hindquarters.

For Christmas this year, each of my grandchildren are receiving a Folkmanis puppet and a book featuring that animal (this one accompanies Do Unto Otters). They will love these!

Deep Dish Pizza - Puzzlebug -500 Pc Jigsaw Puzzle
Deep Dish Pizza - Puzzlebug -500 Pc Jigsaw Puzzle
Offered by RMKeeley6
Price: $1.80
4 used & new from $1.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Puzzle is of low quality; you get what you pay for., December 23, 2015
Note that this puzzle is of cardboard significantly thinner than most. Not the greatest quality, but fair for the price. We enjoyed assembling it anyway.

Lydia Book / Bible Cover (Sky Blue) by Protec
Lydia Book / Bible Cover (Sky Blue) by Protec
Offered by Protec Store
Price: $25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality and nice-looking., December 23, 2015
This is a very nice book/Bible cover, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had inside pockets and is of great quality!

The blue is a light medium blue and not too girly-girl, as I was afraid it might be.

We've purchased (and used for years) several Protec instrument cases; I didn't realize that this Bible cover was made by the same company when I ordered it. Highly recommended.

Family Organizer 2016 More Time Moms Award Winning Deluxe Wall Calendar - Get Your Family Organized

4.0 out of 5 stars Super-large squares and storage pocket make this calendar a must, but there's still room for improvement!, December 17, 2015
This has been my family calendar for years and years. Every year I look for something else, and every year I end up ordering this one again.

To be brutally honest, I hate the cutesy family artwork and have even contacted More Time Moms asking for it in other designs. Even a plain black-and-white edition or simple seasonal color schemes would be perfect!

Note that this calendar uses extra space for recipes, activity suggestions, etc.. To some this may be a nice touch, but for my purposes it's just extra clutter. There are a zillion stickers on a page in the back; we use the birthdays (there aren't enough) and end up throwing the rest away. The calendar runs September through December, so it's nice for those who might like to go by school year (except that so many schools start in August).

The other gripe I have is that the paper isn't as weighty & bleedproof as I'd like, and the hanging holes (there are two) regularly tear through and must be reinforced/repaired with tape.

But I give it five stars because it is the ONLY oversized large-square calendar with a storage pocket-- both of which are must-haves in our large family. We have a ton of appointments and goings-on, and store sports/school/band schedules, invitations, tickets and church bulletins in that pocket so we can find them when we need them.

Highly recommended for those like me, but still wishing for something better!

Folkmanis Baby Raccoon Hand Puppet
Folkmanis Baby Raccoon Hand Puppet
Price: $16.19
28 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet little raccoon!, December 17, 2015
Super cute and moves well (note that mouth does not move). I have rather large hands for a lady; a big man will find this puppet a snug fit but for mine or smaller hands this little guy is fine.

Folkmanis puppets are the best!

Sterling Silver Diamond-Cut Rope Chain 2.2mm Solid 925 Italy New Necklace 18" (2212-18)
Offered by Sac Silver
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice chain for the money, December 17, 2015
Very nice chain for the money!

I appreciate the size of the clasp-- large enough not to be a pain to operate, and sized right for the chain. This is a good weight chain for pendants, and the diamond cut makes it sparkle nicely!

NOTE REGARDING KINKS: This chain ships in a small ziploc bag, and may (as mine did) arrive with kinks. This is a function of the chain structure and not a defect. DO NOT TUG TO REMOVE KINKS! Just hold the chain up and lightly shake them out, or flick them with a finger until they release on their own. I have not had any issues with kinking during wear.

Thanks for a good product at a nice price!

Handy Laundry Fold Away Car Trunk Organizer Black
Handy Laundry Fold Away Car Trunk Organizer Black
Offered by Handy Laundry Products Corp.
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicer than similar products at this price point., December 3, 2015
Nice bin to hold items in back of my Jeep.

I appreciate that there is a rigid bottom section included, so I could use this to carry non-heavy groceries. It is a bit of a pain to set that bottom section under the center divider, however, so folding the tote not something I'll want to do all the time.

The material is an inexpensive nylon oxford--not the non-woven pseudo-fabric common on cheap bags. Sides are rigid and do not collapse; they hold the rectangular shape well. There are two good-sized Velcro patches on the base, so this will not shift or slide--presuming you have it on carpet or something. In my case, I'm not going to want to move it often, since the Velcro will cause fuzzing of the felt-fuzz floor of my Jeep's cargo area.

The sizing is a bit awkward for me--the wrong size for grocery bags, deep enough to bury things I might want to find, and not at all right for keeping the gunky bottoms of gallon milk jugs off the carpet. On the other hand, an ample pair of cubic feet should be a pretty useful size for most people.

Dreem Fibonacci iP6+V4 Wallet Case with Detachable Folio, Premium Vegan Leather, 2 Kickstands, Gift Box, for iPhone 6/6s PLUS - Coral Pink
Offered by Dreem
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing not to love, except the extra weight!, November 25, 2015
Really a nice case! The pink complements my Rose Gold phone nicely (although the shade is not the same). The faux leather feels nice to the touch, I can carry my ID, a couple of cards, and a $20 bill, while the case still closes easily and completely (often a problem with wallet cases).

I love that I can remove the phone and still have it somewhat protected by the sturdy inner shell--although I will say that screen protection is very minimal, since the case edge is almost flush with the screen itself. (I do have a tempered glass screen protector on the phone as well.) The magnet that attaches to the wallet section is very strong (but very heavy), so I have no worry about the phone falling out.The wallet extends a bit beyond the phone shell, adding extra protection in case of drops.

I have not had good luck placing the phone in "easel mode" in portrait orientation as shown in the photos, but your mileage may vary--to me this isn't a big deal.

My photos seem to have no issue with glare from the case edges, and all cut-outs are perfect. Quality is evident in every aspect of this case. I really appreciate that the magnetic closure is secure but easily opened with one hand, and the flaps overlap at the edge (which avoids the annoying flap-over-screen issue with other wallet cases). I find that the soft pleather spine sits nicely in my hand when the phone is being used, and the crease at the back (used to create the easel) offers a comfortable grip so I don't drop my oversized phone.

It was also nice to receive the case so beautifully packaged, when I am accustomed to cell accessories arriving from China in cellophane sleeves.

I can highly recommend this case! Thanks for a great product!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6