Profile for D. Calloway > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Calloway "AVID reader" RSS Feed (South of Atlanta, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Skechers Women's On-The-Go Chugga Bootie,Chocolate,9 M US
Skechers Women's On-The-Go Chugga Bootie,Chocolate,9 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars These run smaller than most Skechers shoes. I ordered ..., December 27, 2014
These run smaller than most Skechers shoes. I ordered a half size up, which was just barely enough. Warm and toasty feet!

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick
Price: $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 27, 2014
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
I'm loving this thing! It works so much better and faster than my BluRay player. I've watched many things on Amazon Prime (I've been a member for years), Hulu, and Netflix. Absolutely no glitches or hiccups or problems. I only hope I don't end up going over my "allotted" download limit with Comcast.

Linksys E1200 Wi-Fi Wireless Router with Linksys Connect Including Parental Controls (Certified Refurbished)
Offered by Electronica Direct
Price: $16.77
3 used & new from $16.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to install if you use Mac products....., December 27, 2014
I have no problem with the router - it works beautifully. My problem was with the software for installing/initiating the router. The disc included with the item does not support Mac OS X above version 10.2. I went online and downloaded the "updated" installation software, which also does not support any updated Mac operating systems. Thankfully, my friend loaned me his Windows laptop and I was able to use it to install the router with the included disc. I spent quite a bit of time messing around with the software, trying to make the router work - VERY frustrating.

Woolrich Women's Winterhaven Slipper
Woolrich Women's Winterhaven Slipper

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very warm....., November 29, 2014
Two stars because they are comfortable. However, my feet are COLD! The crochet-look "trim" is actually a crochet band holding the upper to the sole. Crochet has gaps, as all crochet does. Cold air creeps in and keeps my feet at such a cold temperature that I'm constantly trading these slippers for my dearfoam terry scuff slippers that are warmer.

JW Pet Company 42209 Proten Kettle Toy Ball for Dogs, Medium
JW Pet Company 42209 Proten Kettle Toy Ball for Dogs, Medium
Price: $7.49
10 used & new from $4.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Not durable, July 25, 2014
Destroyed in less than 15 minutes by my rat terrier/beagle mix puppy.

Shackled Lily (Winsor Series Book 2)
Shackled Lily (Winsor Series Book 2)
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your time or money, July 10, 2014
I've never quit a book when into it 72% (according to my Kindle), until now. This is another Christian romance novel that insults the intelligence of the reader. Flower gardens in North Carolina are not filled with colorful blooms in January. No reasonably intelligent girl would allow her life to be controlled to the extent it appears she allows her father to control it. If she is old enough to be an alcoholic, she is old enough to go out on her own, away from the unbelievably evil Daddy. The characters are extremely shallow and the plot line predictable. My first and last novel by this author.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2014 11:07 AM PST

Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Price: $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Glad it was very cheap.., July 1, 2014
Interesting concept, not complicated. Characters are not very "fleshed out". Reads like a teen novel. All 5 volumes combined are the length of a good novel.

Tears Fall at Night - (Book 1 - Praise Him Anyhow Series)
Tears Fall at Night - (Book 1 - Praise Him Anyhow Series)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad this was free, June 28, 2014
I only received 25% of this book on my Kindle. I know it was a "short story" but I figured it would be more than 10 minutes worth of reading and it wouldn't cut off in the middle of a scene. I actually thought I might like the story, but it's not worth $2.99 for another 10 minutes for book 2, and the same for book 3, etc....

Kuhn Rikon Auto Safety Master Opener, Red
Kuhn Rikon Auto Safety Master Opener, Red
Price: $19.70
18 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great can opener, April 24, 2014
I first saw this opener on QVC, but I refuse to pay their crazy shipping charges. It is a great can opener. It opens the cans by cutting the seam around the top - leaving no sharp edges. I love it!

Kuhn Rikon Swiss Pull Chop
Kuhn Rikon Swiss Pull Chop

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest chopper ever!, April 24, 2014
I have to admit that I have only used this for a few things, but for what I have used in it - it is great! Chopping boiled eggs has always been a pain in the rear, but this gadget makes finely chopped eggs with just two or three pulls. The first time I put eggs in it, I pulled the cord four times, and almost has purreed eggs. Onions are also amazingly quick and well chopped. If I only ever use it for those two things, I have gotten my money's worth!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5