Profile for L. Adams > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Adams RSS Feed (Tennessee)

Page: 1 | 2
Powergen White 2.4-Amp (12 Watt) Dual Usb Wall Charger W/Sviwal Plug Designed For Apple And Android Devices
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work properly, March 30, 2013
I use this to recharge my phone and tablet at the same time. So seems to be working effectively. A little blue light tells me when both devices are charged. I haven't noticed any slowness; but I tend to charge overnight. Seller shipped quickly.

Kinivo BTH220 Bluetooth Stereo Headphone - Supports Wireless Music Streaming and Hands-Free calling
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $44.99
17 used & new from $21.26

5.0 out of 5 stars So far working fine, March 20, 2013
I'm a senior citizen with minimal experience using technical devices but I had no difficulty figuring out how to make these work with my mini I pad. They seem to be well constructed. I agree with other reviewers that if your head is larger you might find them a bit tight. Shipping from this seller was timely and I think the price is reasonable.

How to Travel the World on $50 a Day: Travel Cheaper, Longer, Smarter
How to Travel the World on $50 a Day: Travel Cheaper, Longer, Smarter
by Matt Kepnes
Price: $10.85
66 used & new from $5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise resource for great travel tips, February 13, 2013
I'm an experienced budget traveler but found suggested internet links that will save me lots of time and, when used, lots of bucks. Of my many travel books, I think this is the one I would recommend for the novice as the best most concise starting point for planning the long-term, on-the-road venture. I'm using it with my granddaughter as we plan a two month trek around Europe this summer.

The Sock Knitter's Handbook: Expert Advice, Tips, and Tricks
The Sock Knitter's Handbook: Expert Advice, Tips, and Tricks
by Charlene Schurch
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: $20.49
58 used & new from $14.00

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT for the beginner!, November 26, 2012
I have only minimal experience knitting and, though I like knitting, I've found large projects a bit much for my time. Knitting socks sounds like just what I'd enjoy, that is starting a project and getting it finished. This book, however, is way beyond my knitting level. I would have been much better off getting a book oriented toward the true novice sock-maker. Perhaps in time, I might reach a level where the "expert" advice is understandable. At this point, I might just as well be reading Chinese. I do however, like the spiral bound format and the paper quality is very good. For those who already have some experience with sock-knitting, I guess this book could be very helpful. I just wish I had some warning by other reviewers that one must bring a certain level of knowledge to the task for the book to be helpful.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2013 8:58 PM PDT

Hamilton Beach Eclectrics 63221 All-Metal Stand Mixer, Sugar
Hamilton Beach Eclectrics 63221 All-Metal Stand Mixer, Sugar
Price: $189.00
16 used & new from $189.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I wait so long?, January 8, 2011
I've never been much of a cook so didn't feel I could justify the expense of a stand mixer; but, this year I decided to learn to bake bread and the idea of using the mixer to help with kneading the dough was appealing. I had thought about a bread machine but wanted more flexibility in shaping the finished dough plus all the other things one might do with a mixer that you can't do with a bread machine. So, after lots and lots of research I settled on the Hamilton Beach and I'm am very, very pleased with my choice. The price was acceptable. The noise level is minimal. It mixes and kneads my dough without straining, though on higher speeds it will move a bit on the counter-top. Never having had another stand-mixer I have nothing with which to compare my unit, but I am really pleased with this unit and am finding I use it almost daily for other cooking projects in addition to my bread projects. Love this mixer!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected but definitely okay for the money, October 24, 2010
The narrowness of the bag, particular at the zippered top has been a disappointment. It's hard to get items in and out for me; but the outside zipper pockets help by providing another place for smaller items that get lost in the main bag. I've found this color very flexible for use this fall. The bag is well-constructed. For the money, it's a good looking, seviceable bag.

Honey-Can-Do SFT-01561 Over The Door Shoe Organizer/Storage Rack, Blue/White
Honey-Can-Do SFT-01561 Over The Door Shoe Organizer/Storage Rack, Blue/White
Price: $14.74
7 used & new from $14.74

5.0 out of 5 stars It's perfect for me, September 27, 2010
The space between my wall and the door is limited, preventing me from purchasing other styles I would have like. However, this product is well constructed and fits perfectly in the space I have available. I am able to put two sandals in one pouch which is a nice feature. The pouches themselves may be a wee bit shallow for men's shoes or very large women's sizes, but for my 7.5 women's size, they are more than adequate. It's a nice thing overall, the price is reasonable and I'm glad I made the decision to order it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2010 9:59 PM PDT

Ros Hommerson Women's Beau Crocodile Strappy Wedge Sandal
Ros Hommerson Women's Beau Crocodile Strappy Wedge Sandal
Price: $79.99 - $84.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this shoe!, September 25, 2010
My foot is narrow and it is hard to find a sandal that fits well. This one does and I'm so excited about the fit, the quality and the reasonable price I, too, am considering buying it in other colors. Love this sandal.

Toro 51592 Super 12 amp 2-Speed Electric Blower/Vacuum (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Great Household
Price: $72.71
5 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This does the job for me, September 22, 2010
Had done some research on Consumer Reports who recommended this blower. I am very, very pleased with the quality and performance. It's not too heavy but packs a lot of power. And, the price is quite reasonable. I would definitely recommend this item to a friend.

Almost Dead: A Novel
Almost Dead: A Novel
by Assaf Gavron
Price: $12.48
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, September 22, 2010
This review is from: Almost Dead: A Novel (Paperback)
A friend had recommended this book and I'm glad I bought it. Very unusual and thought provoking.

Page: 1 | 2