Profile for T. A. Dinh > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. A. Dinh "T.A.D." RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Portta PETCSHP 3 RCA Composite S-video R/L Audio to HDMI Converter Upscaler 720p/1080p
Price: $40.22
14 used & new from $36.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly so far, fear it may break? Will update!, December 16, 2014
I read all the reviews first before buying, seems very mixed and the results vary. I wanted to play with my Nintendo 64 in time for Christmas when all the relatives come. I just received this item today and with success it worked when connecting to my 39 inch LED LCD Samsung TV 1080p.

It was pretty much just plug and play and the video definitely is choppy but still playable from afar. What do you expect from an old gaming system? TVs weren't really that big yet. Anyhow this worked so far for me and I hope it doesn't break in the near future!

Will post an update to let you know how this is after the holiday gaming!

Mr. Beams MB596 Outdoor Wireless Motion Sensing 80-Lumen LED Path Lights with Ground Stakes, Dark Brown, 6-pack
Price: $107.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, Attractive, Motion Sensing, and Absolutely Wonderful to Walk By!, December 15, 2014
I'm a HUGE fan of Mr.Beams since my father has introduced me to their lights. I've gone crazy and even put them all over my grandma's house everywhere. From closet, hallways, bathrooms, shelves, cabinets, front door, backyard, the household is calling me Mr.Beams now. I've used the following below for almost a year now,

Mr. Beams MB723 Battery-Powered Motion-Sensing LED Stick-Anywhere Nightlight, 3-Pack (in the hallway)
Mr. Beams MB363 Wireless LED Spotlight with Motion Sensor and Photocell, Dark Brown, 3-Pack (front yard/back yard)
Mr. Beams MB982 Battery Operated Indoor/Outdoor Motion Sensing LED Ceiling Light, White, 2-Pack (closet)
Mr. Beams MB706 Wireless Motion-Sensing Mini Stick-Anywhere LED Night Lights, Small, White, 6-Pack (drawers and cabinets)

Newest Addition:

These lights came very nicely in the box. The packaging was bubble wrap to show it'll be in prestine condition when arriving. Upon opening the box you can see the instructions are also included so you know how to install it and all the specifications. The best spot I can think off is the front door. It's where people are constantly putting on and taking off their shoes so definitely at night it would prove useful. I'm amazed at how much light these let out. These are so much brighter than the nightlights so definitely a plus so far.

The stake is very sturdy and it's the perfect design to push through the dirt by the door. The auto shut off is the perfect amount of time, these are motion sensor so don't forget. Extremely useful so it's just auto on and off, no more having to deal with turning on the lights for your guests when they arrive or leave.

Pros:
Bright
Great Design
Looks very attractive, probably the best looking Mr.Beams out of all their stuff
Just the right amount of motion sensitivity

Cons:
Security, get stolen? Someone could just yank it off my front yard easily
Worried how it'll do in rain
4 C Batteries (but may be worth it if this lasts over a year!)

Overall, this is a wonderful light, great for the front yard. The only thing I'm worried about mainly is #1 someone can just yank it off easily and run away. Maybe I just need to cement these babies down?

I'll update in a week to see how they are doing in this small California rain! Stay tuned.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Samsung UN46H6203 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
Samsung UN46H6203 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
Offered by Video & Audio Center
Price: Click here to see our price
14 used & new from $380.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Upgrade, last TV a Samsung going Strong Still !!!, November 24, 2014
Update 12/7/14:
Had this T.V. for over a month now and it's been fantastic! Definitely has been worth the upgrade from the 39 inch Samsung. Definitely noticeable when watching HD movies and it seems more HD like. The 120z makes a good difference over the 60z. I highly recommend you get this TV over a 60hz or you'll regret it.

Upgraded my bedroom T.V. from a 39 inch Samsung to this 46 inch Samsung. The T.V. is so much better than my old Samsung because it's not only bigger but has more hz as well from 60hz to 120hz. You can definitely tell the increase smoothness of the T.V. when there's an increase amount of hz.

I tried the 42 inch Vizio 240hz before switching the the Samsung and I didn't like how high it was, I felt like I was getting dizzy. I prefer Samsung as my number 1 TV brand seeing that they've been in the market for awhile.

I would recommend this T.V. over Vizio, you'll definitely appreciate the quality of these TV. I'm going to use my 39 inch Samsung for my computer monitor haha.

Element 40 Inch class 1080P LED Television ELEFW408
Element 40 Inch class 1080P LED Television ELEFW408
Offered by Tech-Express
Price: $350.00
9 used & new from $209.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly so Far, Very Happy! *should buy extended warranty in case*, November 24, 2014
Update 12/15/14:
I had a panic and thought the T.V. was broken, however it was just on the wrong channel. WHEW! So far this T.V. is working just fine! Definitely worth the price :]

Update 12/7/14:
Used the T.V. for over two weeks and the TV is working well so far. No complaints, no dead pixels, no bad connection. If this keeps up I'm bound to update this to a 5 star review :]

Bought this on Walmart for $115 Pre-Black Friday Deal as well!

I picked this up surprisingly successfully at 5am when I woke up on the way to work online. It was out of stock in my nearby Walmart and had to get it an hour away.

Upon bringing it home, I set it up and it was nicely organized in the box. Packaging was brand new and wrapped nicely. A lot of screws go in the mounting which I was surprised. This uses about 6 screws in the mount and the bottom stand. My Samsung only uses 4 screws for each.

Turned it on and BAM, the picture was a ALOT nicer than I thought. I was expecting a crappy TV haha, cmon it was only $115. I purchased the extended warranty for two years just in case anything happens however. Overall the cable is working perfectly and the sound is decent for everyone to hear.

I'm very happy this purchase was well and really hope I don't have to call customer service about this T.V. *cross fingers*

AVANTEK R41 3-Socket Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter DC Outlet Splitter Dual-Port USB Car Charger for Cell Phones, iPhones, iPads & Tablet Computers, Black
Offered by Avantek US
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works 100% Perfectly, I use all the slots and it has no error., November 24, 2014
I've been using this for over 5 months in my vehicle already for road trips, it's worked 100% perfectly for me. I have the car adapters for my GPS and Radar Detector, with the USB to charge my phone and my girlfriend phone. It's been used throughout the driving portion of the road trip and hasn't cause any issues.

Only minor problem I saw was the plug doesn't seal in all the way unless you give it a good hard push into the socket. Otherwise it only happened once out of the many hours I've used it. Overall I'm happy with my purchase and no complaints!

Lenmar Adapter, D Size Shell, for any AA Battery
Lenmar Adapter, D Size Shell, for any AA Battery
Offered by Cheryl's Discounts
Price: $6.45
32 used & new from $3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Save Money on buying D Batteries! AA Rechargeable Win, November 24, 2014
Highly recommend purchasing this over,

A. Purchasing D Batteries
B. Over the Eneloop Adapters

D Batteries are expensive and how often do you go out and use some of those D battery electronics? I have a probably 50+ rechargeable AA batteries so these were perfect. I use this for my camping trips just when I need to use those lamps and flash lights. Serves for my purpose well for the short time I actually need it.

Also don't get the eneloop adapters, this is the same thing, serves the same purpose, and costs LESS! Highly recommend, worked immediately no issues for me.

Anker® 3.5 inch Front Panel USB Hub with 2 USB 3.0 Ports [20 Pin Connector & 2ft Adapter Cable]
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play, that Simple. No Issues, November 24, 2014
Works perfectly, just plug and play with my Asus Sabertooth Mark II motherboard. I'm using this with my Windows 7 OS and Intel processor and it works great! I bought a computer case that had only USB 2.0 ports in the front. I wanted to get some USB 3.0 to make my external hard drives read much faster from the front without digging in the back.

I highly recommend this item if you need more USB ports, easy installation and worked immediately with my new build.

Rosewill Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case CHALLENGER
Rosewill Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case CHALLENGER
Price: $49.95
12 used & new from $47.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 1st Build Case, Highly Recommended for Beginners, November 24, 2014
Use this as my first build gaming case and I love it so far. Yes it's a little noisy but you kinda get a great deal for the price. I ended up going with a liquid cooler and used the extra fan moving it to the side.

Cons:
When installing a CD drive or any other hardware adapters in the front, it's extremely hard to remove the mounts. I literally had to punch it out because I don't plan to put it back on anyways.

Overall I love this case and it's been great with my Intel build. I use the Asus Sabertooth Mark II motherboard and it works great. I also got the Corsair Liquid Cooler (one fan). I'm definitely however going to get a more expensive case if I want to build a new computer in the future.

Cooler Master NotePal X3 - Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad with 200mm Blue LED Fan
Cooler Master NotePal X3 - Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad with 200mm Blue LED Fan
Price: $37.94
33 used & new from $35.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Noisy On High, Cheap Feeling, Least it Works for now..., November 24, 2014
Pros:
Giant Fan
Blows Out Nice Cool Air

Cons:
Slips Easily, Laptop Won't Stay Put
The Fan is Noticeably Noisy on Max
Cheap Feeling

I was definitely expecting a lot more from a $37+ laptop cooler. I'm happy that this thing is still spinning and cool air is shooting at the bottom of my laptop. However I wish that it felt a little more solid. I don't expect to move this cooler off my desk which will prolong it's life. I definitely wish it was quieter, possibly a lot noisier from cheap parts being used.

I would recommend this cooler if you definitely need a good cooler that you don't plan to move at all. I hope mine doesn't break in the next few weeks like most reviews I've read. Will keep you posted.

TP-LINK TL-ANT2408C 2.4GHz 8dBi Indoor Desktop Omni-directional Antenna, 802.11n/b/g, 1.3m/4ft cable, Magnetic Base
Price: $11.99
93 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect a drastic change, only improves by 1 bar., November 18, 2014
I bought this because my TP-Link Desktop N900 network card wasn't able to reach as far as I thought. After installing this, I'm not even sure it improved my signal.

It might have been improved by 1 bar, which I guess is somewhat better than no increase at all. Like other reviewers have stated, don't expect and drastic changes. As for my needs it did what it was suppose to do, but I was expecting a huge increase swapping this from a 2dbi antenna to this 8dbi one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6