Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Mitsu H. > Reviews

Browse

Mitsu H.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mitsu H. "synthetic zero" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
LG Electronics 60LF6100 60-Inch 1080p LED Smart TV (2015 Model)
LG Electronics 60LF6100 60-Inch 1080p LED Smart TV (2015 Model)
Price: Click here to see our price
3 used & new from $450.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, clear picture, great contrast and low glare, July 13, 2015
Stunning picture for an affordable 60" TV. Contrast and color are beautiful and rich, one of the best viewing experiences I have ever had. Though I have an Epson PowerLite 5020UB projector, in some ways I prefer the picture on this smaller screen. Another advantage is glare is quite low; in a room with significant amounts of ambient light during the day, the picture is nevertheless quite watchable, especially compared to a Vizio TV I had, which this replaces.

I don't use the built-in apps; I prefer to use third-party boxes to watch video content, so I don't have comments about SmartTV. I've used LG's smart tv apps on an older model TV and they were difficult to use, but that doesn't matter to me as I bought the TV for its picture quality. I also use an external AV system for sound.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars FRAUDULENT PRODUCT, April 12, 2014
This is not an Apple product, but it comes in fake Apple packaging saying "non-retail". I have another real Apple Lightning to Micro USB connector and this is quite different. It looks different, is a different size, fits differently, has a different sized logo, and most of all, it doesn't work properly. The connection is unstable and it only works when you jiggle it just the right way. The real Apple connector does not have this problem. STAY AWAY. This retailer is guilty of fraud.

Monoprice 108323 Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone Bundle with 3.5mm to 1/4-Inch Gold-Plated Adapter Plug and Accessories (5 Items)
Price: $19.66
23 used & new from $12.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, comfort, March 19, 2014
I wouldn't say the sound on these is audiophile quality, but it's very good, very enjoyable. Maybe 80% the quality of some of my favorite audiophile headphones, and it's very cheap. There is something quite pleasing to the sound, but it lacks some detail and clarity --- but the overall sound signature is quite enjoyable. It has a "wow" factor which is saying a lot for headphones this cheap.

I found them quite comfortable on my head, as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2014 8:17 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular sound for a decent price, March 19, 2014
The sound quality of these headphones is quite remarkable --- for the price, it's hard to find something similar at this level of sound quality. Brilliant, clear sound, nice soundstage. The only downside is the comfort --- they are not the most comfortable headphones ever made.

JVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)
JVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)
Offered by Cross Commerce
Price: $28.37
172 used & new from $21.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Audiophile quality for amazingly little money, February 3, 2014
For the price, these headphones have astounding sound quality. Beautiful, clear sound. They fold up nicely and compactly. One of the best values around.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2015 7:21 PM PDT

Dreams From My Real Father:  A Story of Reds and Deception
Dreams From My Real Father: A Story of Reds and Deception
DVD ~ Frank Marshall Davis
Price: $9.99
33 used & new from $4.53

1.0 out of 5 stars What a joke, October 15, 2012
I find it incredibly offensive that this piece of schlock propaganda is appearing in my "Top Movies" portion of Amazon Prime. It's reprehensible, disgusting, and absurd. I'd like to protest in no uncertain terms that Amazon not be featuring this pile of dreck as one of the "Top Movies" in the Amazon Prime selection.

Satechi iTour-Pop 3.5mm Aux Portable Rechargeable Speaker (Black)
Satechi iTour-Pop 3.5mm Aux Portable Rechargeable Speaker (Black)
Price: $29.49
3 used & new from $14.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Louder than the X-Mini II, but sound not as clear, August 20, 2012
I bought this ST-iPOP based on the reviews; most people seem to prefer it to the X-Mini II. However, I have to differ --- the sound quality is definitely not as good as the X-mini in terms of pure fidelity --- the X-Mini has clearer highs and overall better definition in the mids. The bass is also more full when you place it on a table (note that the X-Mini sounds quite different depending on where you put it --- it's much better with bass when you place it on a surface, like a table, which can vibrate with it and amplify the bass). The ST-IPOP is better in terms of pure volume, but definitely lacks definition throughout the frequency range.

Vivitek D512-3D 2600 Lumen SVGA HDMI 120 Hz 2D to 3D Portable DLP Projector
Vivitek D512-3D 2600 Lumen SVGA HDMI 120 Hz 2D to 3D Portable DLP Projector
Offered by altexnet

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice feature set for inexpensive projector, February 26, 2012
I bought this projector primarily to have a small, relatively portable, lightweight projector for use in video installations. However, I figured when I'm not using it for that, I could also use it as an inexpensive home projector until I get a real home theater projector. I actually find 3D movies sometimes amusing so I figured if I'm going to get a cheap projector, I might as well try to get one that does 3D, if possible, though this was a low priority.

When I bought the projector from B&H the normally well-informed salesperson at the B&H counter told me quite confidently that this was NOT a true 3D projector, it was only "3D Ready", and I would need additional hardware to make it work with 3D content. However, prior to buying this projector I'd carefully researched it online, read the manual, read user reviews here on Amazon, and so on, and I was pretty confident it would work, surprising though that is (since most low-end 3D projectors are only "3D Ready", i.e., they only work with PCs that have 3D output, not with consumer HDMI equipment).

Suffice it to say: the B&H salesman was wrong. It works just fine with consumer HDMI content, at least it works great with my PS3 (and based on the other reviews here, with other consumer HDMI devices). You need to get DLP Link 3D glasses like the Optoma. One caveat is that in 3D mode it only works in 720p; I've tried it with a 3D movie from Hulu on my PS3, and it worked beautifully (the PS3 automatically switched to 720p). Vivitek essentially put in a video processing chip that converts 3D content into the "3D Ready" format internally. It's not full HD 3D, but it looks pretty decent, and for the price it's amazing. The easiest way to get this to work is to turn "Auto Source" to On in the "Installation II" menu. You may also have to go to the 3D menu (under Advanced) and switch on DLP Link mode and possibly top/bottom mode, though I think the Auto Source setting may make those steps unnecessary. After that, put on the DLP Link glasses, turn them on, and start the movie... the PS3 switched to 720p 3D and the movie appeared with a beautiful 3D effect, just as it says in the manual, no need for any external box or PC.

I haven't tried the projector with a Blu-Ray disc yet; when I do I'll post an update. The Vivitek also, amazingly, does 2D->3D conversion (this is a totally separate feature), but I really hate pseudo-3D so I didn't bother to try it.

The projector DOES support 1080p content in 2D, and does a beautiful job of scaling. I wouldn't say this is a premiere home theater projector --- it is very bright and the black levels aren't really that great, although the listed contrast ratio is quite high. The picture is quite vivid, however. There's certainly no other projector in this price range which does 3D out of the box.

So, please do not be confused by the "3D Ready" notation on the box, which usually means the projector only works with PC 3D cards. This projector actually does 3D movies from consumer sources, albeit at 720p. I've tested it, it works. A very good choice for a low-end "do everything" projector.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2012 10:16 AM PDT

Yamaha RX-V371BL 5.1- Channel A/V Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Yamaha RX-V371BL 5.1- Channel A/V Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars solid entry-level AV receiver, June 10, 2011
I needed an entry-level AV home theater receiver to use while I was visiting another city for several months, for work. I have a higher-end Onkyo unit which I use for home theater. I got this not expecting too much, given its rock-bottom price, but I was pleasantly surprised both by the wealth of features and settings and the sound quality. It handles four HDMI inputs, is very easy to use, can do digital optical and coax audio, and even has optional Bluetooth and iPod/iPhone dock hookups. There are a vast array of DSP settings. I actually got this as part of the Yamaha home theater bundle --- again, not expecting much given the low price, but the sound quality is quite impressive for the money. Clear mids and highs for such inexpensive speakers --- the bass is a bit boomy and muddy, but you can't have everything at this price. You can hook up more expensive speakers, of course, to this unit, and get even better results.

I have to hand it to Yamaha for making such a solid entry-level unit.

Kryptonite New York Standard Bicycle U-Lock with Bracket ( 4-Inch x 8-Inch)
Kryptonite New York Standard Bicycle U-Lock with Bracket ( 4-Inch x 8-Inch)
Offered by International Coffee & Books
Price: $100.80
4 used & new from $87.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lock, February 8, 2009
This is a fantastic lock. Other U-Locks, including Kryptonite's own Evolution series, can be easily defeated with hand tools (according to more than one bike magazine test). The New York lock can only be broken with 10 minutes of heavy effort with a power saw. Getting any other lock is not going to stop any thief with even basic tools.

I've never had a problem with the keys breaking. I did have one of my older keys (> 5 years of heavy use) have the plastic come loose from the metal part of the key, but it was still possible to to turn the lock using pliers. It's never a good idea to force the key, which I suspect the other reviewer did; just jiggle it until the key turns easily. Once in a while you can spray lubricant in there if the key gets stuck.

Don't be fooled by the other reviews ---- this is the lock to get if you want real security.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2009 8:27 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2