Profile for D. Lane > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Lane "hopeless romantic" RSS Feed (Monterey, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Montana
Montana
by Debbie Macomber
109 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars All about second chances, August 15, 2008
This review is from: Montana (Mass Market Paperback)
This is my favorite book (so far) by Debbie Macomber. These characters were ones you loved to love! The secondary characters were just interesting too. Because of this book, I picked up the Dakota trilogy and am enjoying that as well. It's a refreshing change to read a romance that isn't all about the sex scenes. Her stories are good ones and hold my interest. Kudos Debbie!

The Hidden Heart
The Hidden Heart
by Candace Camp
55 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Treasure, June 22, 2008
This is my first book by Candace Camp and I was pleasantly surprised. I am not a big fan of historical English romance but this book may bring me around. I enjoyed the strong heroine character that is usually absent from these kinds of romance novels, which if probably why I generally avoid them. I will have to read the other in the series and see if this was a 'one-hit wonder' or if this is Ms. Camp's syle of writing. I enjoyed the bit of mystery at the end, which is also unusual in these types of romance novels. Well done Ms. Camp!

Obsession (Signet Novel)
Obsession (Signet Novel)
by Karen Robards
Price: $7.98
237 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars DOUBLE WOW!, June 18, 2008
This was the best suspense novel I've read in awhile. I was surprised at the low rating it received. I loved how the story was told through the heroine. It allows the reader to be just as confused and kept in a state of upheavel as she was. The story kept me rivoted and I read this book in 2 days because I couldn't wait to know the outcome!

Please disregard the low ratings this book has previously received. It is a wonderfully written book! The characters are strong and the plot is original. Two thumbs up!

Twilight Whispers
Twilight Whispers
by Barbara Delinsky
12 used & new from $3.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, May 8, 2008
This review is from: Twilight Whispers (Hardcover)
This is the first book I've read of Delinsky's and I enjoyed it very much. It's labeled as fiction but it was a romance and mystery all rolled into one. I especially enjoyed the interaction between all the family members. I will be reading more of Ms. Delinsky's work. If this book only rated an average of 3 stars from its readers, imagine what a 4 or 5 star book must be like!

Amber Beach (Donovan, Book 1)
Amber Beach (Donovan, Book 1)
by Elizabeth Lowell
Price: $7.99
323 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Last half of book makes up for first half, February 18, 2008
Half way throught the book I was ready to give it a '2'. I learned more about boats, fishing and amber than I cared to. The plot finally began to gel towards the middle and continued to hold my interest through the end. I bought all four books in the series at one time so I'm committed to reading them. I can only hope that the others pick up the pace and don't get bogged down in textbook explanations of gemology.

Point Blank (FBI Thriller (G.P. Putnam's Sons))
Point Blank (FBI Thriller (G.P. Putnam's Sons))
by Catherine Coulter
42 used & new from $0.96

4.0 out of 5 stars not a thriller or that suspenseful but not a loser either..., February 4, 2008
I'm so glad I chose to read book 10 of Couter's FBI thriller series. I wasn't looking forward to it as it had an average rating of a '2'. I read the series in order, although not critical to their enjoyment but it's how I like to read them. The storyline did not have me at the edge of my seat but I wasn't bored either. I enjoyed the story for what it was and the interaction of the main characters was well done. I know this review is kind of bland and doesn't sound as if it rated a '4' but I ENJOYED the read. Not every book has to have you chewing your fingernails to rate a '4' or higher. In general I recommend the series and am looking forward to reading #11.

Riptide
Riptide
by Catherine Coulter
25 used & new from $1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Tempted to give it a 5, January 28, 2008
This review is from: Riptide (Hardcover)
I'm currently reading Catherine Coulter's FBI series (in order). Her dialogue writing has improved immensely since the first book. I was surprised that the overall rating for this book was only 3.5 and that's why I'm writing this review. I almost gave it a 5 and it's definitely a 4.5 but I have to give a little room at the top for the really good stuff, don't I? I liked the featured characters in this book and the smattering of supporting characters--good and bad. I would recommend the FBI series to anyone who likes light suspense with a little romance thrown in. Riptide is a good read and I look forward to the next in the series.

Lacy
Lacy
by Diana Palmer
102 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars All about second chances, January 2, 2008
This review is from: Lacy (Paperback)
While Lacy and Cole are the primary characters in this book, there are two other couples highlighted as well: Cole's sister and younger brother. The book is all about second chances and learning from your mistakes. I've read just about all of Palmer's books and she likes her men to be big in stature, masculine--not pretty boys and many times not handsome by 'normal' standards. The women are a little too forgiving for my tastes but she always pulls off a great read in the end.

The introducing of so many characters in the beginning is a little roughly written and difficult to follow but it quickly all comes together and you become deeply involved in all the characters dilemmas. I highly recommend this book.

The Surgeon (with Bonus Content): A Rizzoli & Isles Novel
The Surgeon (with Bonus Content): A Rizzoli & Isles Novel
by Tess Gerritsen
Price: $7.99
429 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars A difficult read but..., December 24, 2007
I couldn't stop reading. I've read Gerritsen's work before and loved it. She's an intelligent writer and assumes her audience is as well. This was a gruesome storyline and I had to take some breaks from it. I still read it in 3 days but was glad when I finished it. Since I bought the remaining books in the series, I will read them. The writing is excellent although filled with too much medicalese for my taste. I'm not sure I even like the central character, Jane Rizzoli and hope her later books reveal more of her more likeable traits.

Tripwire (Jack Reacher, No. 3)
Tripwire (Jack Reacher, No. 3)
by Lee Child
104 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping--couldn't put it down, November 14, 2007
I'm Lee Child's newest fan. I've read 5 of his books and plan to read all of them. This was one of my favorites thus far. Usually I'm not attracted to books (or movies, for that matter) dealing with the Vietnam war. It was my generation's war and I'm just not interested in reliving that era. I read this book in 2 days and had a difficult time putting it down but you got to sleep some time! The last 100 pages were the best--filled with some surprises and heart. Jack Reacher is Dirty Harry and Arnold Schwarzenegger all rolled into one! A must read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3