Profile for cebepe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

cebepe RSS Feed (Woodland Hills, CA, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Systems of Survival: A Dialogue on the Moral Foundations of Commerce and Politics
by Jane Jacobs
63 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERYTHING SHE WROTE IS WORTH READING, November 30, 2014
I read everything Jane Jacobs wrote, she was a wonderful author and considerable thinker, no longer with us sad to say as she died in the early 80s.

Speck Products SeeThru Satin Soft Touch, Hard Shell Case for MacBook Air 13-Inch, Black (SPK-A2472)
Price: $43.08
14 used & new from $32.28

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT, November 30, 2014
It is designed to protect the laptop and it succeeds. it is not heavy but it does the job. It is slightly rubbery so is easy to hold. I tried a cheaper version but I returned it as not satisfactory. This product works well, protects the laptop, and is a keeper.

Brondell H2O+ Cypress Carbon Block Water Filter (HF-33)
Brondell H2O+ Cypress Carbon Block Water Filter (HF-33)
Offered by Healthy Homestore
Price: $29.95
7 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PRODUCT, November 30, 2014
Without testing the water, which requires buying a water purity testing for about $20, one has to use some other method to test whether a water filter is satisfactory. These are the methods I have used to rate this product 5 stars. It is elegantly constructed and is firm and sturdy. It consists of three filters, two that need to be changed every 6 months, and one that needs to be changed every year, and that seems to me to be reasonable. It is not 'dirt' cheap nor very expensive, but is reasonably priced. I have used other water filters in the past, and prefer this one over all prior ones. Hence 5 stars.

J Pillow - Winner of British Invention of the Year 2013 - #1 Best Selling Travel Pillow on Amazon.co.uk
Offered by Jensens-Inventions
Price: $52.95

4.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT BUT BULK TO CARRY, November 20, 2014
Sleeping upright is a problem because the head is too heavy and falls forward or sideways. Most neck-halter type cushions prevent side to side movement, but this pillow adds its J feature, which prevents the head from lolling forward as well. In this respect it is an improvement. I used it recently on flights to and from Brazil, and it worked fine. However, it is bulky and bulkiness is its own problem on airlines flights. I don't know if less bulky material could be found that somehow also does the job, but if it could, this would be a 5-star product. In its present configuration, one has to weight whether the clear benefit of using it is worth the hassle of the extra space it requires.

Brondell H2O+ Cypress Composite Plus Water Filter (HF-31)
Brondell H2O+ Cypress Composite Plus Water Filter (HF-31)
Offered by Healthy Homestore
Price: $29.95
7 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S A KEEPER, November 11, 2014
I have not tested the water quality as those test kits cost quite a bit, but we like the design of this product and have been satisfied with it so far, i.e. 6 months since we bought it. It is a countertop water filter with 3 filtering cylinders, very easy to change after 6 months for two of them and 12 months for the third. It works well, i.e. the water comes out when you turn the tap. The price was reasonable and it seems as good as it gets for a countertop water filter.

Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Blue Wave - Retail Packaging
Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Blue Wave - Retail Packaging
Offered by Just Right!
Price: $139.99
8 used & new from $79.99

2.0 out of 5 stars LASTED LESS THAN 2 YEARS, November 11, 2014
My experience is it worked well until it failed. It lasted longer than a year but not as long as two. Jawbone could do nothing. I think speakers like this should last longer than that. Jawbone wanted me to buy another at a 'special price,' but would not tell me that price in writing, instead invited me to call. Having experienced a failed product less than 2 years old, I had little interest in repeating the experience or in getting a sales pitch over the phone. So I cannot count myself as a happy customer, and I doubt I will buy another Jawbone product.

Keen Men's Austin Oxford,Midnight Navy/Chestnut,11 M US
Keen Men's Austin Oxford,Midnight Navy/Chestnut,11 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit and comfort, September 15, 2014
This review is from: KEEN Men's Austin Sneaker (Shoes)
Let me join the chorus in praise is this shoe. I first bought Keen sandals, for summer walking, perfect fit and comfort. Now these walking shoes, which are equally good. I'm sold on Keen.

T-fal BF6138 Balanced Living 1-Liter 1750-Watt Electric Mini Kettle with Variable Temperature, Black
Price: $23.62
46 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars TOTALLY WORKS, August 2, 2014
As good as it gets. Heats up the water just like that. Very inexpensive. No trouble at all. I gave this one to my daughter to replace her fancy glass one that was slow and far too large. This one is just right. What more can one say?

Keen Men's Newport Sandal,Neutral Gray/Gargoyle,11 M US
Keen Men's Newport Sandal,Neutral Gray/Gargoyle,11 M US
Price: $79.98
9 used & new from $79.96

5.0 out of 5 stars WINNERS, August 2, 2014
This review is from: KEEN Men's Newport Sandal (Shoes)
I join the very long line of approvers of these sandals. I think they are great. Exceedingly comfortable, and I can walk 5 miles in them no worries at all.

Steripod Clip-on Toothbrush Protector (8 Steripods) Multi color
Steripod Clip-on Toothbrush Protector (8 Steripods) Multi color
Offered by Bonfit
Price: $19.99
6 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars CHARMING WAY TO WASTE MONEY, August 2, 2014
I like these. They make me feel something is happening, even if it isn't, and at least it keeps my toothbrushes clean. What more can one want in life? And perhaps they really work, which I am willing to believe, even though microbes are so very small one cannot make them out at all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6